Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

want to be a leftist, leftists believe in:

. equal rights for everybody
. safe roads and bridges
. freedom of religion and freedom from religion
. respect for all people including Brown, Gay and all religions as well as Women
. rights for employees at the workplace

Wait, why are you against all this again?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

[I understand why a truck driver or auto mechanic wouldnt] want to be a leftist, leftists believe in:

...snip...

To all whom it may concern:

I disavow this unconscionable act of occupational class bigotry. It does not reflect the values of Democratic liberalism.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:14 pm 
Political Junkie

I disavow this unconscionable act of occupational class bigotry. It does not reflect the values of Democratic liberalism.

Unfortunately, Sam, this mindset is far too prevalent amongst the left. There are too many irrational people on the right too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

Firsttheycamefor guy sez:

:problem:

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Unfortunately, Sam, this mindset is far too prevalent amongst the left. There are too many irrational people on the right too.

You cast your vote overwhelmingly for the right.

The right currently has the nation in a hate crime wave (again). The right is currently lead by a flagrantly racist white nationalist, and current KKK, alt-right, and neo nazis run on your current party's ticket throughout the United States, and you vote in the right, election after election. Then you want to talk about irrational people?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:09 am 
Board Emeritus

Ted, for me just two of those irrational types around is too darned many.

:|

I'd kick the wall but it would harm my foot.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:26 am 
Political Junkie

Ted, for me just two of those irrational types around is too darned many.

:|

I hear ya Sam. Maybe there is some value in their approach but I don't know what it might be.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:50 am 
Board Emeritus

I hear ya Sam. Maybe there is some value in their approach but I don't know what it might be.

I can't see a way it could be anything but counter productive for any party or cause.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:34 am 
Board Emeritus

Violent instincts.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:46 am 
Board Emeritus

Unfortunately there are too many irrational people on the right who, spew this bullshit mindset of whataboutery and false equivalency.

I will admit that in some areas those on the American right have it all over those on the left...

bigotry...
racism...
sexiism...
nationalism...
isolationism...
conspiracy mongering...
know-nothingism...
white supremacy...
spiritual elitism and spiritual bigotry...
And much, much more where these came from....

Maybe you two can just suck it up, and decide to own and confirm which side it is that you're on. Only two sides now...only two sides going back to the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:16 am 
Board Emeritus

Maybe you two can just suck it up, and decide to own and confirm which side it is that you're on. Only two sides now...only two sides going back to the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

We're one side with two political attributes. Kind of like having two hands, a lefthand and a righthand, Democratic and Republican, we're Americans side by side.

Here we are on Jan 1st 1931:>>>Image

A bit further back than the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:25 am 
Board Emeritus

Violent instincts.

I'm a man.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:22 am 
Board Emeritus

I will explain it to you.

It revolves around power centers. In the case of political economy as relates to the position of labor and capital which isn't simply the image of a Carnegie or Rockefeller but also the F.I.R.E. sector capital wishes for the rules, regulations boundaries and laws which govern transactions to be skewed in their favor. Labor is viewed as a cost to be controlled as opposed to people who also are consumers. The explosion of the F.I.R.E. sector since the 1980's and then the 1990's (Thanks Reagan and Clinton) has made it easier for short-termism in terms of quarterly results to be a crucial deciding factor in reinvestment, movement of manufacturing, erosion of workers' rights, destruction of the environment and so on. I will grant that there are some on the right who decry this. That is almost irrelevant because the majority of power holders on the right have the viewpoint that labor is to be basically dismissed. We also cannot discount automation, the so-called "gig" economy and globalization. Of those three globalization and automation impacts due to reduced labor costs. The gig economy is something else. It has been deliberately evolved by capital and the consulting industry over time. Add in nonsense like everyone can be an entrepreneur so everyone must polish up their "brand" and you get what we have.

Btw, labor as a political organization has far less power in the halls of legislation than capital does.

So as regards Sam's and your comment perhaps you might wish to rethink it.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:22 am 
Board Emeritus

We're one side with two political attributes. Kind of like having two hands, a lefthand and a righthand, Democratic and Republican, we're Americans side by side.

Irrelevant.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm a man.

What does that have to do with your violent instincts?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Right wing LIARS once again LIE about what I said.

I am pointing out some of the hard working among us, the ones who do some of the hardest work, that keep the system going, are still too stupid to vote in their best interests. That SOME of them do that. That THESE occupations NEED job protection, higher wages, and DESERVE them.

I have FRIENDS who do these thing who do NOT vote AGAINST their own survival because they vote for Democrats.

Sam, and you other cons STOP LYING nobody is BUYING it.

The point was SARCASM that OF COURSE auto mechanics and truck drivers SHOULD WANT TO BE leftists...sigh

Last edited by Libertas on Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Are you as sick as I am of them lying about E V E R Y T H I N G

i HAVE MADE this point a thousand times, it is sarcasm meant to SCREAM in the faces of hard working people to stop voting against their own survival

And FUCK them because I have been an auto mechanic, pump jockey, waiter, dishwasher...I have worked at least 25 different jobs in my life and not ONE of them is WELL SERVED BY REPUBLICAN policies.

I wish when I was 16 pushing pizza dough around or pumping gas working 40 hours a week and going to high school full time I knew about working rights, hell that was when they went to overtime mandatory and our boss at the oil company said, and I quote "we dont do that here" as in they dont pay overtime.

He was a white republican, who then got sued by an employee, but that was the only way the filthy piece of shit was gonna pay it.

fuckers

People who work by the hour, NEED leftist policy more than salaried people. Most auto mechanics, truck drivers, waiters, convenience store workers are paid by the hour, the GOP will of course do away with overtime soon if they can and much more. You would think the people on here LYING about what I said who CLAIM to have done these kind of jobs in their lifetimes would understand this, guess not. Or they are lying about their past.

Last edited by Libertas on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

Democratic liberalism

YOU speak on behalf of Democratic liberalism? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Libertas STOP replying to sam , he make shit up just to get a reaction, you KNOW that

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:25 pm 
Political Junkie

That cartoon, thankfully, still represents the vast majority of voters.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

Natural tendency to choose fight or flight over tend and befriend. It's the first impulse. Civilized behavior comes from muting and thus overcoming that natural tendency.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

It sure does. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

As Republican white after Republican white after Republican white mass-murder the populace, and Republican pol after Republican pol after Republican pol suppress votes in several states. :problem:

ted wrote:

Sam Lefthand wrote:
It sure does. :)

:lol: sure, it does

Attachment:
your-logical-fallacy-is.jpg
your-logical-fallacy-is.jpg [ 122.49 KiB | Viewed 187 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

Natural tendency to choose fight or flight over tend and befriend. It's the first impulse. Civilized behavior comes from muting and thus overcoming that natural tendency.

What's your appeal to nature got to do with your violent tendencies stemming from reading some posts by people you don't like?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

What's your appeal to nature got to do with your violent tendencies stemming from reading some posts by people you don't like?

I was talking in general about men.

You've not seen my violent tendencies, life is about muting them and overlaying them with tend and befriend. In other words acting a wee more like a woman.

:)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

I was talking in general about men.

viewtopic.php?p=431664#p431664

And what of relevance are your gender issues to your violent response to some posts on a message board?