RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

White-coat God Complex delusion.

Go primal scream at somebody else.

:rw)
For that few hours I thought this place was a goner, I thought to myself, but I didnt see the end of the "CJ vs the asshole" show and want to see how it ends.

I know how it ends though, I have seen this before as we know.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Oh sure, been there done that, and I was getting ready to play Taps. I re-started my account on DU and was perplexed by all the changes. It did not appear to me that DU would ever be a substitute. It feels like trying to have a conversation in the main hall of Grand Central Terminal at 6 PM.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

Oh sure, been there done that, and I was getting ready to play Taps. I re-started my account on DU and was perplexed by all the changes. It did not appear to me that DU would ever be a substitute. It feels like trying to have a conversation in the main hall of Grand Central Terminal at 6 PM.

I haven't posted to the DU for a long, long time mainly because I don't like the format of their site.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

:rw)
For that few hours I thought this place was a goner, I thought to myself, but I didnt see the end of the "CJ vs the asshole" show and want to see how it ends.

I know how it ends though, I have seen this before as we know.

Yes many dozens of times.

Never fails...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

I like browsing the news on DU and sometimes I borrow their graphics. They have a couple of very talented graphics makers there.

... I hate posting there because I view their discussion formatting software as nauseous ... you basically only know who's responding to whom via indentation. Feh.

I prefer MB software like this board uses. I mulled over finally starting a posting account at DU after this site went down, but I was only going to bite the bullet if it didn't come back. I'm glad I didn't have to.

The only other thing I will say is DU can get very vomit-inducing during primary season -- I really hated what happened to it in 2016 -- I really would hate to see a repeat of it in 2020. The dynamics won't be the same, so I don't see it becoming the Hillary-hatefest it did for many months. (I mean, she's not running; but I'm just saying "something like that".)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Brooklyn shooting: 4 dead, 3 injured at gambling site in Crown Heights

Four people were killed and three injured in a Saturday morning shooting at an illegal gambling site in Brooklyn, New York police said.

The shooting happened before 7 a.m. on Utica Avenue in the Crown Heights area, NYPD Chief of Detectives Dermot F. Shea said at a media briefing Saturday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/br ... li=BBnb7Kz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

Texas police officer shoots woman to death inside her home

A Fort Worth police officer checking out a residence with an open door opened fire on a woman inside her home, killing her, authorities said.

The shooting early Saturday occurred less than two weeks after a police officer in nearby Dallas was found guilty of murder for fatally shooting a man in his home in 2018. In both cases the officers are white and the victims were African American.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/te ... e-n1065451

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Big mall lockdown in Boca Raton, first a possible active shooter, now police say there is no shooter. NFD.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Not a mass shooting, but a conservative fantasy video of Donald Trump mass-murdering people at the wrong kind of church.

Macabre Video of Fake Trump Shooting Media and Critics Is Shown at His Resort - NYT

Quote:
WASHINGTON — A video depicting a macabre scene of a fake President Trump shooting, stabbing and brutally assaulting members of the news media and his political opponents was shown at a conference for his supporters at his Miami resort last week, according to footage obtained by The New York Times.

Several of Mr. Trump’s top surrogates — including his son Donald Trump Jr., his former spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders and the governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis — were scheduled to speak at the three-day conference, which was held by a pro-Trump group, American Priority, at Trump National Doral Miami. Ms. Sanders and a person close Mr. Trump’s son said on Sunday that they did not see the video at the conference.

The video, which includes the logo for Mr. Trump’s 2020 re-election campaign, comprises a series of internet memes. The most violent clip shows Mr. Trump’s head superimposed on the body of a man opening fire inside the “Church of Fake News” on parishioners who have the faces of his critics or the logos of media organizations superimposed on their bodies. It appears to be an edited scene of a church massacre from the 2014 dark comedy film “Kingsman: The Secret Service.”

The disclosure that the video was played shows how Mr. Trump’s anti-media language has influenced his supporters and bled into their own propaganda. Mr. Trump has made attacks on the news media a mainstay of his presidency, and he tweeted a similar — but far less violent video — in 2017. In recent weeks as he has confronted impeachment proceedings, he has ramped up his attacks on the news media, repeatedly calling it the “enemy of the people.”

A person who attended the conference last week took a video of the clip on his phone and had an intermediary send it to a reporter for The Times. Parts of the video were posted on YouTube in 2018 by a user with a history of creating pro-Trump mash-ups.

The organizer of the event said in a statement on Sunday that the clip had been played at the conference, saying it was part of a “meme exhibit.” He denounced the video and said his organization was looking into how it was shown at the event.

“Content was submitted by third parties and was not associated with or endorsed by the conference in any official capacity,” said the organizer, Alex Phillips. “American Priority rejects all political violence and aims to promote a healthy dialogue about the preservation of free speech. This matter is under review.”

The video is as disgusting and genocidal as the Trump base. They do this sort of thing in the middle of what all of Planet Earth knows is an actual massacre of Kurds by the innkeeper at Trump Tower Istanbul. :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:09 am 
Board Emeritus

Trump has retweeeted videos of that nature before, like him supposedly beating up or ramming into someone whose head has been replaced with "CNN".

Anyway, that conference at his Doral resort, American Priority, was attended by Don Jr., SHSanders, and Matt Gaetz, organized by the Geo Group which is a private prisons firm, and had your usual whack job con luminaries from Turning Point USA and groups like that.

BTW, the video of Agent Orange shooting journalists essentially is an edited version of the church massacre clip from Kingsmen: Secret Service. If you remember how full of blood and mayhem that scene was --- this is what they used to create that clip.

That would be in poor taste at any time, but maybe especially after a number of recent mass shootings of journalists in the real world.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

At least 8 dead after mass shooting in Puerto Rico

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - At least eight people are dead following a mass shooting in San Juan, Puerto Rico, according to CBS News.

Gunfire erupted Monday night in residential neighborhood of Río Piedras, not far from the University of San Juan, according to a report from NotiCentro, a news outlet on the island. According to the news agency, seven men and one woman were killed.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/repor ... uerto-rico

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17