RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:26 am 
Board Emeritus

Warren adds Ayanna Pressley as campaign co-chair
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... n-co-chair

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) on Friday announced three House freshmen as co-chairs for her presidential campaign, including Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.), a high-profile member of the group of progressive congresswomen dubbed “The Squad.”

Democratic Reps. Deb Haaland (N.M.) and Katie Porter (Calif.) will also join Warren’s campaign as co-chairs.

[snip]

Pressley made news earlier this month when she announced her support for Warren, breaking from her fellow Squad members Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), who endorsed Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the Democratic presidential primary.

[snip][end]

Good for her. I notice some of the purity progressives are now going to remove her honorary "Squad" membership. But this isn't the first time she's broken with Tlaib, Omar, and AOC. (As I noted, she also did it on BDS.)

I'm really starting to like Pressley ... particularly given she seems to have made the right choice. ;)

Also, of course, that Haaland is on her campaign shows her growing Native support, and that many Native people are rejecting Agent Orange's "Pocohontas" slur/distraction.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Michael Bloomberg launches 2020 presidential bid

NEW YORK — Billionaire and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, one of the world’s richest men, has formally launched a Democratic bid for president.

Ending weeks of speculation, the 77-year-old former Republican announced his candidacy Sunday in a written statement posted on a campaign website describing himself as uniquely positioned to defeat President Donald Trump. He will quickly follow with a massive advertising campaign blanketing airways in key primary states across the U.S.

https://pix11.com/2019/11/24/michael-bl ... ntial-bid/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

Tulsi Gabbard Defends Fox News Hits to Joe Rogan: How Can You Lead as President When You Throw Half of Americans Away?
https://www.mediaite.com/politics/tulsi ... cans-away/

2020 Democratic presidential candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) defended her appearances on Fox News, Tuesday, during an interview with Joe Rogan on The Joe Rogan Experience, arguing that you can’t lead Americans as president if you’re willing to throw “half of them away.”

“It’s one thing to say you’re gonna go on Fox News and tussle with Sean Hannity about things you disagree on, but what they see as more dangerous is finding areas where you actually do agree,” Gabbard proclaimed. “I have a platform to be able to speak to millions of people across the country about the kind of leadership I bring in the area of foreign policy. What I would do here in this country, what I would do there in that country if I were president today. And I have the opportunity to deliver that message directly to people’s living rooms or offices or wherever they are.”

“I think in some of these areas, Tucker and I will disagree on a whole host of things, but on some of these issues of foreign policy he’ll say, ‘Yeah, I agree with you,'” she continued. “And I think when you look at this cancel culture — I was attacked on the debate stage for going on Fox News — how do you think you’re gonna lead this country, all Americans, if you’re completely not only shutting out and not willing to do talk to half the country that watches Fox News, but you’re in fact disrespecting and dismissing them just because they may disagree with you, or they watch a different news channel than you do. I think that’s the bigger issue here, is you know, yeah, there’s a political consequence.”

[snip][end]

Tulsi, Tulsi, Tulsi ...

1) you know these are the primaries, right? Fox viewers, except for the handful of Blue Dogs who watch, can't vote in your primary in the 90% of states that are closed primary. You do know that. Right? If you want to talk to those people, wait till the general election.
2) yes, you need to be POTUS for all Americans, and yes, no one wants you not to throw away half the country (well ... not me, anyway) ...
but ...

3) you do know that network you keep going on regularly engages in deliberate disinformation? This is not just a question of bias or mistakes. They engage in deliberate deceit. Deliberate manipulation of video, malicious attempts to smear people by saying they are liberals or Democrats (when they aren't)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_ ... nipulation
Studies also show Faux News viewers are some of the least informed on a number of serious issues. Do you want to lend that network legitimacy?
4) by repeatedly going on Tucker Carlson's show - and as you say yourself, to agree with him, not to challenge him - well, you do convey that you are giving this guy legitimacy? A guy who says white supremacy is a hoax and airs ridiculous CTs about immigrants?
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/media/tu ... index.html

I don't object that you want to reach Republicans. Well, I'm not going to vote for you in the primaries, but that's your decision. But choose a more legitimate outlet than this crapaganda network.

STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All
https://www.businessinsider.com/study-w ... all-2012-5

Last edited by ProfessorX on Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

I like Joe but he has some tendencies that are misogynist and he flirts with bigotry, but he is very liberal in most ways.

Fuck Tulsi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

And Trump's Tax Returns to the Public *crickets*

2020 Dem Andrew Yang releases tax returns

Democratic White House hopeful Andrew Yang released eight years of his tax returns Wednesday ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.

Yang released the returns for 2011 to 2018, the period after he created Venture for America, which offers two-year fellowships to help recent college graduates work at startups. The returns don’t include the period when he worked at a series of startups. Yang filed the tax returns jointly with his wife, Evelyn, whom he married in 2011.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... ax-returns

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:45 pm 

Warren adds Ayanna Pressley as campaign co-chair
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... n-co-chair

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) on Friday announced three House freshmen as co-chairs for her presidential campaign, including Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.), a high-profile member of the group of progressive congresswomen dubbed “The Squad.”

Democratic Reps. Deb Haaland (N.M.) and Katie Porter (Calif.) will also join Warren’s campaign as co-chairs.

[snip]

Pressley made news earlier this month when she announced her support for Warren, breaking from her fellow Squad members Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), who endorsed Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the Democratic presidential primary.

[snip][end]

Good for her. I notice some of the purity progressives are now going to remove her honorary "Squad" membership. But this isn't the first time she's broken with Tlaib, Omar, and AOC. (As I noted, she also did it on BDS.)

I'm really starting to like Pressley ... particularly given she seems to have made the right choice. ;)

Also, of course, that Haaland is on her campaign shows her growing Native support, and that many Native people are rejecting Agent Orange's "Pocohontas" slur/distraction.

she had to add Pressley....especially after she rescued Liz at that forum at C-AU where those angry black protestors left Liz looking like a deer in headlights....Pressley is capin for that senate seat....

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.
LYNDON B. JOHNSON, 1960

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

She's next on the cut list

Gabbard Accuses ‘Arbitrary’ DNC of Rejecting Poll From Accepted Pollster

The Democratic National Committee is refusing to accept a poll that shows Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) at six percent, according to the Democratic presidential contender.

The committee, known as the DNC, has recognized Suffolk University as one of the accepted pollsters for debate qualifying purposes when it carried out a poll for USA Today but the committee declined to accept a Suffolk poll conducted for the Boston Globe, Gabbard’s campaign said.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/gabbard-a ... 61373.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

No offense, AP, but don't give the Epoch Times more clicks. It disturbs the balance of their ch'i. :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

No offense, AP, but don't give the Epoch Times more clicks. It disturbs the balance of their ch'i. :D

I was gonna say.

Plus, Epoch Times has gone full-bore pro-Trmp.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Joe Sestak ends long-shot 2020 Democratic presidential campaign

Washington (CNN) Former Pennsylvania Rep. Joe Sestak on Sunday ended his long-shot 2020 presidential bid after failing to gain traction in the race for the Democratic Party's nomination.

"I want to thank you for the honor of running for President of the United States of America," Sestak said in a statement. "It has been an endeavor filled with immeasurable wisdom, passions, humor and insights to, and from, the people of America."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/01/politics ... index.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:04 am 
Board Emeritus

Let's wait & see who complains to the DNC & corporate media for this

Six Candidates Quality For December Democratic Debate

It’s the last month of 2019 and there is just one debate left this year before we hit the next phase of the campaign in January. Coming up on Dec. 19, the debate stage could be limited to just six candidates sparring with each other at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles. Here are all the details we have so far about the sixth debate which is being co-sponsored by PBS NewsHour and Politico.

PBS NewsHour/POLITICO Democratic Debate (6th Debate)
Date: Thursday, December 19, 2019
Watch On: PBS, CNN
Sponsors: PBS NewsHour, POLITICO
Moderators: PBS NewsHour anchor and managing editor Judy Woodruff, Politico chief political correspondent Tim Alberta, PBS NewsHour senior national correspondent Amna Nawaz, and PBS NewsHour White House correspondent Yamiche Alcindor

https://www.uspresidentialelectionnews. ... ic-debate/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:06 am 
Board Emeritus

Democrat Steve Bullock ends struggling presidential campaign

HELENA, Mont. (AP) — Montana Gov. Steve Bullock announced Monday that he’s ending his Democratic presidential campaign, saying it’s become clear that he won’t have a shot at being his party’s nominee.

The two-term governor and former state attorney general tried to make the case that he was the best bet to beat President Donald Trump because he was the only Democratic candidate to win in a state that Trump won in 2016. But he got a late start, announcing his candidacy in May and joining nearly two dozen other Democratic candidates competing for attention and campaign donations.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/1 ... /23872209/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Kamala Harris Dropping Out Of Presidential Race

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) is dropping her presidential bid. She informed her staff on Tuesday.

Harris held a call with her team in Iowa on Tuesday, saying that she had made the decision because of financial struggles experienced by the campaign.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/kamala-h ... on-brknews

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

VoteVets endorses Pete Buttigieg for President

From VoteVets:

VoteVets, the nation’s largest political action committee that supports liberal veterans for public office, announced its presidential endorsement for South Bend, Ind. Mayor Pete Buttigieg Wednesday.

The endorsement, the first in the progressive group’s history, could serve as another boost for Buttigieg, a former Navy officer who served in Afghanistan.

“We need a candidate who will win. Bar none, Pete gives us the best shot at doing just that. It is time to rally around him, and stop the walking, talking national security threat that is Donald Trump.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/1 ... ign=recent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:24 am 
Board Emeritus

Gabbard says she won't participate in next debate even if she qualifies

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) said Monday that she won’t participate in the December debate even if she qualifies.

Gabbard tweeted Monday that she will instead will meet with voters in New Hampshire and South Carolina.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... -qualifies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:45 am 
Board Emeritus

Sure won't miss her, but:

Yeah, I hope this increasing petulant attitude (plus her refusing to run for her Congress seat) are not a signal she's planning to run as an Independent.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sure won't miss her, but:

Yeah, I hope this increasing petulant attitude (plus her refusing to run for her Congress seat) are not a signal she's planning to run as an Independent.

She will do what benefits putin whether he communicates with her directly or not.

And when Bernie loses he will purposely NOT endorse the winner for a long enough time to harm the winner like he purposely did to Hillary.

Putin gonna steal another election unless we have the biggest turnout in history.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16