Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

The House and Senate could also all go take a bubble bath together. :roll:

So, if Trump decided to declare a national emergency because "a Democrat DOJ" is trying to take him down...followed the next day with a declaration of martial law, calling out the military, ordering a nation wide curfew and limiting public gatherings not organized by the President to fewer than five people...are you so goddamn sure that a Republican controlled Senate would oppose him?

And to that I say...maybe this is what needs to happen. Maybe it's the only way to either get rid of him right now, or to find out how bad this constitution really is, how bad this country really is...and figure out a nice new place to live.

I really think they would. :)

If I didn't think that about the opposition I wouldn't bother with discussion board politics at all. Why are you here?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

The present and incoming Senate would simply roll over for it, and so would collaboraters like Sam Lefthand.

Nobody wants to be perceived as being uncivil, see.

Vichy mentality.

Why are you here?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:05 pm 
Policy Wonk

Why is okra so slimey?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Why are you here?

You sound resentful.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

Why is okra so slimey?

Why is the lawnmower?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:02 am 
Board Emeritus

I really think they would. :)

If I didn't think that about the opposition I wouldn't bother with discussion board politics at all. Why are you here?

I'm here for the entertainment value. Much more of you could almost make this a barren source of amusement.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:38 am 
Board Emeritus

I'm here for the entertainment value. Much more of you could almost make this a barren source of amusement.

That's what Scout always said.

:|

You remember Scout?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:45 am 
Board Emeritus

Who can forget?

So, the funny thing is, I kept asking Scout WHY he supported Trump. I mean, what was it he agreed with, with the candidate? Cuz it just seemed to me that it was more like, "well, it pwns the libs around me and makes them angry." Ya know, people have their reasons. I personally think supporting somebody - or even pretending to - just because it makes people around you upset or angry - well that kinda is trolling (even in real life), and it is also stupid. If making people upset and angry is all you need, Vermin Supreme should have been elected a long time ago.

He once managed to tell me at least one concrete reason - he agreed with Trump that we were being screwed by NATO. Never heard any other reason. And I'm being serious - I really would have wanted to know if there was any substance behind it. Anyway, I wasn't sure if he had been banned - Drak confirmed.

Nothing wrong with being entertained. We do fun stuff here. If people are here to be entertained, fine. I can only say in Ike's case at least he's willing to explain why he feels or thinks the way he does, and makes valuable contributions to the board.

Wish I could have said the same thing about Scout.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:28 am 
Board Emeritus

That's what Scout always said.

You remember Scout?

Scout hated my guts. If there was ever anything we both said, the Scoutster plagiarized it from me.

Why is there air?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:38 am 
Board Emeritus

Why is okra so slimey?

Why is the lawnmower?

Why did hemorrhoids?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

Was Scout the one whose signature had a bad cartoon of drumpf drinking a poorly Photoshopped bottle of "liberal tears?"

I made a deliberately poorly Photoshopped hack job in which drumpf was drinking a yellow liquid labeled with the Russian for "urine." I never got to use it. The perpetrator got banned first.

That may be just as good.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

Was Scout the one whose signature had a bad cartoon of drumpf drinking a poorly Photoshopped bottle of "liberal tears?"

I had a deliberately poorly Photoshopped replacement in which drumpf was drinking a yellow liquid labeled with the Russian for "urine." I never got to use it. The perpetrator got banned first.

That was the kernel.

Scout, as I understand it, was an ok guy, at least the sort you could have an actual rational conversation with, until Trump was elected. That was my short experience of him too.

Personally, my experience with the white nationalist kernel goes back far longer, perhaps not quite a decade. I actually defended the kernel here from accusations of being a troll, since unlike the typical conservative white, the guy had some idea about how to do any actual research on the internet.

Dumb idea.

Both of them are writeoff conservative whites cut from the same cloth; this keeps coming out about these types as the Trump era lingers on. We're supposed to keep being civil with them, tho. :roll: :problem:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

I made a deliberately poorly Photoshopped hack job in which drumpf was drinking a yellow liquid labeled with the Russian for "urine." I never got to use it. The perpetrator got banned first.

A manly man hosting many avatars. As I recall at one point he had an avatar which heralded the explosive driven projectile cause of death of Bambi.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

Why did hemorrhoids?

We saw Sid Caesar but who was William Holden?

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

We saw Sid Caesar but who was William Holden?

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com
:lol: I think this little scene is what got Jean Hagen that Oscar nom. Never gets old.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

A manly man hosting many avatars. As I recall at one point he had an avatar which heralded the explosive driven projectile cause of death of Bambi.

Scout exemplified conservative ciivility. All of his posts belong in the Conservative Civility thread.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Jesus...now it's the minutae of the Scoutster. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Scout exemplified conservative ciivility. All of his posts belong in the Conservative Civility thread.

Either there or in the Bloody Stool In The Toilet thread.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Who can forget?

So, the funny thing is, I kept asking Scout WHY he supported Trump. I mean, what was it he agreed with, with the candidate? Cuz it just seemed to me that it was more like, "well, it pwns the libs around me and makes them angry." Ya know, people have their reasons. I personally think supporting somebody - or even pretending to - just because it makes people around you upset or angry - well that kinda is trolling (even in real life), and it is also stupid. If making people upset and angry is all you need, Vermin Supreme should have been elected a long time ago.

He once managed to tell me at least one concrete reason - he agreed with Trump that we were being screwed by NATO. Never heard any other reason. And I'm being serious - I really would have wanted to know if there was any substance behind it. Anyway, I wasn't sure if he had been banned - Drak confirmed.

Nothing wrong with being entertained. We do fun stuff here. If people are here to be entertained, fine. I can only say in Ike's case at least he's willing to explain why he feels or thinks the way he does, and makes valuable contributions to the board.

Wish I could have said the same thing about Scout.

Eventually his only mind-dead answer was "I do what I want!"

So many of these people are criminal-minded.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Either there or in the Bloody Stool In The Toilet thread.

Hey didn't that one get merged with the "Yep It's Another Conservative" thread??

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

To prevent them from becoming commingled with the timeless wisdom found in the Liberal Civility thread???

See how easy it is to resolve this problem regarding your knee jerk over a necessary word in our language.

Use an adjective to add an attribute to civility for the propose of being more descriptive for your inquest.

Don't fight with the language learn to use it. :|

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

the Liberal Civility thread

Imitator. Lol you guys think of yourselves as the most superior minds around, yet you routinely imitate whatever I say.

The best that followers and mind-dead mynah birds like you have got is mimickry and emulation. We know this, because you also mimick and parrot the rightwing conservative memes of the people you're trying to impress.

It makes sense, given that the conservative white culture of violence-based conformity you're trying to align yourself into has never thought much of independent or original thought.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

Imitator. Lol you guys think of yourselves as the most superior minds around, yet you routinely imitate whatever I say.

The best that followers and mind-dead mynah birds like you have got is mimickry and emulation. We know this, because you also mimick and parrot the rightwing conservative memes of the people you're trying to impress.

It makes sense, given that the conservative white culture of violence-based conformity you're trying to align yourself into has never thought much of independent or original thought.

Our Liberal Civility thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3

A couple of example excerpts from within it:

"You agree to not post personal attacks; wishes for death or harm; racism; anti-Semitism; anti-Christian, anti-Muslim or other forms of discrimination on this board. All forms of hateful, discriminatory or abusive speech are prohibited and can result in banishment from this board. Such words create a hostile environment contrary to the purposes of civil discourse and a welcoming public forum environment. Such language will not be tolerated and constitutes grounds for banishment from this board."

"You understand and agree that this board is for civil discussions, not brawling and flaming (insulting or inciting) other guests. Uncivil language is a form of abuse and this board does not allow abuse of guests. Starting a topic for the purposes of picking a fight with another guest is not allowed. You agree that such posting can result in actions such as deleting the topic, locking the topic, and banishment from the board."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Our Liberal Civility thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3

Good. Hiding behind the board rules as if it's a "thread," as if to make some kind of point.

Well, it's a start as good as any, I suppose, so congratulations on moving away from imitating me. You're on your way to independent thinking and thats great.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:04 am 
Board Emeritus

Good. Hiding behind the board rules as if it's a "thread," as if to make some kind of point.

Well, it's a start as good as any, I suppose, so congratulations on moving away from imitating me. You're on your way to independent thinking and thats great.

"Hiding behind the board rules" is quite an expression.

Kind of like being taunted while in first grade by a 3rd grade playground bully "hiding behind the teacher," the school official who's supposed to be on the playground while the kids are to enforce those playground rules.

I found those teachers to be useless in that role. When I tried to hide behind one of them she shucked me out into the general population. Thought I needed the exercise.