RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

If it ever comes down to that the board shut down permanently for money reasons let me know maybe if a few of us would get together pay the costs to keep it going maybe not but whenit went down today I assumed it was over with since the owners don’t participate here thanks for bringing it back up

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:06 am 
Board Emeritus

I just want to thank Plunderer and Bernie for doing whatever was necessary to bring the board back to life. (BTW, they've never asked, but if financial contributions of a small amount are necessary to help keep things running, I'll contribute. I think there's some change under the couch. I kid, I kid.)

I also want to add there has been a long history of being on many boards, particularly incarnations of the RRMB, that just suddenly died and disappeared without warning. It's a disconcerting feeling, the way that kinda happens so suddenly.

Suddenly losing a connection with so many people. :|

BTW, hopefully the board coming back from the grave will restore Roy's ability to post images. We can hope! Cuz I love some of Roy's images. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:12 am 
Board Emeritus

Agreed, Thanks to Plunderer and Bernie. I appreciated their work along with GoU at the time when the ESSMB went away. I was saddened when UnfilteredNewsNetwork went down too. I can’t imagine how much work is involved getting something up and running and keeping it running.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:56 pm 
Policy Wonk

Testing.

:rw)

Nope, "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

omg...im so glad to see the board back.
i hate most of you but goddamn yer my pals and im very glad to see you and to have this
saloon to hang at.

so glad to see you all again.
and yes. if we need to contribute we will. thanks guys.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Testing.

:rw)

Nope, "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

I'm wondering if it's a setting in your browser? Maybe an add-on you're using?

Try a clean browser like Chrome Canary of FF Developer Edition to come to RFL then try posing an image, see if that works.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

I just want to thank Plunderer and Bernie for doing whatever was necessary to bring the board back to life. (BTW, they've never asked, but if financial contributions of a small amount are necessary to help keep things running, I'll contribute. I think there's some change under the couch. I kid, I kid.)

I also want to add there has been a long history of being on many boards, particularly incarnations of the RRMB, that just suddenly died and disappeared without warning. It's a disconcerting feeling, the way that kinda happens so suddenly.

Suddenly losing a connection with so many people. :|

BTW, hopefully the board coming back from the grave will restore Roy's ability to post images. We can hope! Cuz I love some of Roy's images. :mrgreen:

I was in a hurry, without power on my phone I think when I did this thread.

Forget their names, embarrassed, but glad you chimed in

WHAT PROF SAID :rw)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, if we need to contribute to help keep this forum running count me in. Maybe Plunder or Bernie could start a GoFundMe page or some other form to accept contributions.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Try a clean browser like Chrome Canary of FF Developer Edition to come to RFL then try posing an image, see if that works.

part of my lappie problem was somehow google slipped chrome in my system and i dont use it.
getting rid of it was a MPIA.
i had to reset the system and reinstall FF along wiht other things.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

part of my lappie problem was somehow google slipped chrome in my system and i dont use it.
getting rid of it was a MPIA.
i had to reset the system and reinstall FF along wiht other things.

Yes Chrome Canary and FF Developer Edition are clean/stripped down browsers devs use to test out website design, usabilit, etc. - we need a lot of browser/hardware combos. But a clean browser is also good to have because addons, extensions, caches, etc. can cause weird problems with random sites.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

I figured the guys just got sick of the bickering.

BUT YOU'RE NOT RACIST....EXCEPT WHEN YOU ARE.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yes Chrome Canary and FF Developer Edition are clean/stripped down browsers devs use to test out website design, usabilit, etc. - we need a lot of browser/hardware combos. But a clean browser is also good to have because addons, extensions, caches, etc. can cause weird problems with random sites.

i lost all my fucking bookmarks. :evil:
i could Not retrieve a gd thing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

i lost all my fucking bookmarks. :evil:
i could Not retrieve a gd thing.

Yeah, do you make regular backups? You could get an external drive for really cheap these days, like $75 for 2TB, though you might not need nearly that much unless you do a lot of video or audio work. If you don't have one, I'd recommend it - try techbargains.com for really good deals (no I don't work for them, just been using that site for years.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

I figured the guys just got sick of the bickering.

Looked to me like they just let the hosting package on Bravenet lapse.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:49 pm 
Policy Wonk

I thought that too, but no luck so far. I'll try Chrome Canary...one I've never tried. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, do you make regular backups? You could get an external drive for really cheap these days, like $75 for 2TB, though you might not need nearly that much unless you do a lot of video or audio work. If you don't have one, I'd recommend it - try techbargains.com for really good deals (no I don't work for them, just been using that site for years.)

no i didnt have a month old restore.
my recent restore was two days old and im sick of FF updating this shit every 24hrs it seems.
also adblockplus and its goddamn never ending updates.

i also loaded Glary which at one time was very good. now i think it packs shit you dont want.
got rid of it too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:11 pm 
Policy Wonk

I tried Chrome Canary, Safari, Firefox Developer Edition...no luck...still won't let me add attachments.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

I tried Chrome Canary, Safari, Firefox Developer Edition...no luck...still won't let me add attachments.

If you want, PM me, I'll see if I can help.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:33 pm 
Policy Wonk

i went wandering around the web looking for some way past bravenet trying to get a clue as to what may have happened. I eventually found a RFL facebook page and was able to peer in under the sign in notification that blocked most of the view and found a notice that they were going to shut it down for an upgrade. It also said not to worry the site would only be down for a few minutes.

But, ya.........if there is ever a need for help i'd hope they'd reach out to the members here. Ya can count me in.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Firefox lets you back up in the Cloud. I know, I know. But I have been known to use it to transfer bookmarks and add-ons to new devices. Then I turn it off again.

Plunderer owns the board. I think it's more about time than money in this case, but of course I'll help out on either. We lost AAP, RRMB, UNN, and some less memorable others. I want to keep this tribe together.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

Plunderer or Bernie....im looking for a new password and need one of you. thx.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:17 am 
Board Emeritus

i hate most of you but goddamn yer my pals and im very glad to see you and to have this
saloon to hang at.

You made me laugh out loud. This may be the funniest thing I've ever read here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:10 am 
Board Emeritus

Most of the people I hated here are gone.

I guess I consider that a good thing.

I'm not going to name names, like the sanctimoniously leftishly holy but somehow also trump-loving Timmeh, or the annoyingly vapid trump-loving Scout ... who could never explain why he did, but just seemed to bask in the enjoyment of how that annoyed other people (I think that's called trolling).

Oh. I just did. :rw)

As for the rest of you,
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Sorry to be a Bilbo. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's an internet political forum. It's not my actual life. I come here to work out what I prefer to leave out of my actual life.

I dont hate or love anybody. And that even goes for schmucks like the Scoutster.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:35 pm 
Policy Wonk

I only have energy to hate those who harm or destroy things I cherish. Trump, Barr, Giuliani, etc.

I guess I shouldn't hate them either—since they're all mentally ill—but screw it, I hate evil people no matter the root cause.