RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:46 pm 
Political Junkie

Former California Democratic Party Chairman Eric Bauman, accused in a lawsuit of sexually assaulting and harassing a former staffer — the same type of allegations that forced his resignation — claimed the suit was an attack on his freedom of political speech.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/articl ... 821147.php.

A judge has now dismissed that claim as “frivolous” and ordered Bauman to pay $10,625 in fees to the staffer’s attorney who argued against it.

Political speech is not the basis” for any part of the lawsuit by ex-staffer William Floyd, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge John Doyle said Thursday. The suit “arises from Bowman’s alleged sexual conduct and comments,” Doyle said, and “any reasonable attorney would know that (a free-speech claim) is totally devoid of merit.”

I personally believed, and his conduct proved to me that Bauman is a sleeze. It felt the slime rolled off of him. He put a good face, but at the height of the California Drought his Public Relations Firm had a contract with a company that hydraulic fracking and was caught out. It did not help that then Governor Jerry Brown supported fracking.

I had heard that John "F-Bomb" Burton, former Chair of CADEM before Bauman hated being in the room with Bauman and worked at avoiding him.

Bauman now claims his conduct was the result of drug/alcohol abuse and he is recovery. Then he pulls this crap.

Bauman was a sexual predator and tries to say what he did "Free Speech". The pure unadulterated bullshit that comes out of the mouth of this piece of filth is staggering.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

Free speech?

smgdh

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:05 pm 
Political Junkie

I attended at "Wine and Cheese" reception in L.A. once, when Bauman was chair of LADCC. He made my skin crawl.

Despicable individual through and through.