RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:27 pm 

Trump is elected for a second term.
What is the reaction of liberals around the Country?
Throughout all the controversy of the last 2 years, Trump seems to have won again, pundits thought the Democratic nominee had a great chance, and exit polls showed in key battleground states that the Democratic nominee had the edge. In the end, President Trump is heading for a second term.

GoU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

"if" prezpussiegrabber is back in the WH by hook and crook certainly not the vote...it is again due
to the oil-garchs hiding..attempting to hide..the total destruction of the environment due to oil-garchs
planetary pillage..which they attempt to hide on a daily hourly basis with distractions such as a prezpussiegrabber.

its very simply. really.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump is elected for a second term.

Lots of assumptions there, mon frere. That assumes he has not been removed from office beforehand, been defeated in the Republican primary, or eaten his final Big Mac and suffers fatal cardiac arrest.

We're not getting into the probabilities of any of those things. :D

Quote:
What is the reaction of liberals around the Country?

Vomit. Angst. Horror.

BTW, you do know many folks believe he can be impeached twice ... If at first you don't succeed ... :twisted:

Quote:
In the end, President Trump is heading for a second term.

Oh I forgot. He also might resign. :mrgreen:

Love your crystal ball. I know what polls are and aren't saying now, but they really won't mean much until Summer of 2020. I do agree there is a possible horror of him losing the popular vote by much worse than 2016, but still eking out a win through the Electoral College.

If that happens, again, I am on the EC abolition train with fiery bells on.

Things could also be different. He could finally in between now and then screw something up so badly, "see no evil" Republicans start giving a shit. A lot can happen.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Lots of assumptions there, mon frere. That assumes he has not been removed from office beforehand, been defeated in the Republican primary, or eaten his final Big Mac and suffers fatal cardiac arrest.

We're not getting into the probabilities of any of those things. :D

Vomit. Angst. Horror.

BTW, you do know many folks believe he can be impeached twice ... If at first you don't succeed ... :twisted:

Oh I forgot. He also might resign. :mrgreen:

Love your crystal ball. I know what polls are and aren't saying now, but they really won't mean much until Summer of 2020. I do agree there is a possible horror of him losing the popular vote by much worse than 2016, but still eking out a win through the Electoral College.

If that happens, again, I am on the EC abolition train with fiery bells on.

Things could also be different. He could finally in between now and then screw something up so badly, "see no evil" Republicans start giving a shit. A lot can happen.

Rump and Putin stole the first one, and they are on track to steal it again, this time it will be more obvious. Power grids will go down, etc.

Then there will be some problems. I dont look forward to it but I know it is coming, rightwingers are now filthy traitorous punks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Imo, it is a very likely scenario. For all of the rational, evidenced based response to Trump’s crimes and failings there is no mistaking that the electoral system will provide the circumstances for his very possible re-election. Think this through very carefully. Those who support him fall into two categories: true believers and fellow travelers. The true believers are acting out of ideology. The fellow travelers are, if anything, more dangerous. They will support him because their interests align, in general, with his actions. They need not be racists although many likely are. Instead, they are power-seekers who also view money as a score keeping method and therefore will support those who allow their “point total” to keep rising.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:01 am 
Board Emeritus

It's possible, but this is also conservative wishful thinking.

It's 11 months till the election. One thing I can almost guarantee: every white demographic polled will once again very likely vote majority Republican, just as they have since 1976.

That is to say, after Watergate, and after Iran-Contra.

But...a WHOLE lot can happen between now and next November, which is why conservatives are running around peddling determinism and absolutism while just guessing like the rest of us.

Stop calling the cops on us.