Daily Observations in the Age of the Coronavirus

What's up today?

Moderators: plunderer, Bernie the union guy

Libertas
Board Emeritus

Re: Daily Observations in the Age of the Coronavirus

Post by Libertas »

good
If you are a FLYNN defender you are a TRAITOR and dont talk to me, I am a patriot...

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

..s'matter pence, dont wanna suck in audience germ droplets?? all that clapping and YELLING...
how about the secret service, dont want them all getting deadly ill?
did you finally GET A CLUE??

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pence-co ... ab28429b09
Pence Cancels Campaign Events In Florida, Arizona As States’ COVID-19 Cases Soar---
The vice president dropped the appearances a day after boasting that the U.S. is “flattening the curve.”
Who are these..flag-sucking halfwits fleeced fooled by stupid little rich kids, They speak
for all that is cruel stupid, They are racists hate mongers I piss down the throats of
these Nazis Im too old to worry whether they like it, Fuck them.
HST.

Number6
Board Emeritus

Post by Number6 »

I went down to the beach this morning, about 9 a.m., and walked the entire length of the beach plus some for about two mile. Th air temperature was 66 degrees (according to my car's thermometer) so I was expecting cold water when I waded into the ocean. To my surprise, it was warmer than the air temperature. I noticed a lot of people wearing their masks on the beach, even though they're not mandatory if you social distancing, so hopefully people are getting the message about wearing masks.

The Hotel del Coronado reopened on Friday with full bookings, over 700 rooms, and as I waded along the tide line behind the Del I could hear the crowd there having a good time. Normally, I'll walk the sidewalk behind the hotel but I wasn't going to chance it with so many tourists there.

I also took a walk downtown and the restaurants were busy and most of the pedestrians were wearing masks as well. The 4th of July parade and events has been cancelled but during that weekend the police and volunteers will be giving out 1,400 masks with the Coronado city label on it to people not wearing a mask. That's a good move on the city's part considering out of a population of about 21,000 we've only had 13 positive test results so giving visitors/tourists a mask is helping to keep our population safe.
When you vote Left you vote right.

Number6
Board Emeritus

Post by Number6 »

I was reading an article talking about the difference between cleaners, sanitizers, and disinfectants.

Cleaners don't necessarily kill bacteria or viruses.
Sanitizers kill bacteria listed on their label but not proven to kill viruses.
Disinfectants have proven to kill viruses and bacteria/
While cleaners can remove things like dirt and grime, they don't necessarily kill bacteria or viruses. Products are classified as sanitizers if they kill bacteria (the particulars of which will be listed on the product's label), but have not been proven to kill viruses. Finally, products classified as disinfectants have been thoroughly tested and proven to kill both viruses and bacteria.

The EPA explains that confusion has emerged because some products are classified as both sanitizers and disinfectants, but are only labeled as sanitizers. These products have actually been tested to both standards, and many of these can in fact kill COVID-19. However, this has led many people to assume that all sanitizers kill coronavirus, a dangerous misconception.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... li=BBnb7Kz
In the above link, there's a link listing eight disinfectants and how long it takes to kill the coronavirus. I immediately thought bleach would be number one with the shortest time but I was wrong. The number one disinfectant is Formula 409 Multi-surface. Here's the list from first to eighth and the time it takes to kill the coronavirus.
1. Formula 409 Multi-surface - 30 seconds
2. Lysol Neutra Air 2 in 1 - 30 seconds
3. Mold Armor Rapid Clean Remediation - 30 seconds
4. Lysol Brand All Purpose Cleaner - 2 minutes
5. Lysol Kitchen Pro Antibacterial Cleaner - 2 minutes
6. Sani-Cloth Disinfecting Multi-Surface Wipes - 3 minutes
7. Clorox Disinfecting Bleach with Cloromax - 5 minutes
8. Lysol Deodorizing Disinfectant Cleaner - 10 minutes
https://bestlifeonline.com/best-disinfe ... n=msn-feed

Looks like my next trip to the store I'll be picking up a bottle of Formula 409 Multi-surface.

bradman
Policy Wonk

Post by bradman »

Number6 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:59 am

1. Formula 409 Multi-surface - 30 seconds
2. Lysol Neutra Air 2 in 1 - 30 seconds
3. Mold Armor Rapid Clean Remediation - 30 seconds
4. Lysol Brand All Purpose Cleaner - 2 minutes
5. Lysol Kitchen Pro Antibacterial Cleaner - 2 minutes
6. Sani-Cloth Disinfecting Multi-Surface Wipes - 3 minutes
7. Clorox Disinfecting Bleach with Cloromax - 5 minutes
8. Lysol Deodorizing Disinfectant Cleaner - 10 minutes
https://bestlifeonline.com/best-disinfe ... n=msn-feed

Looks like my next trip to the store I'll be picking up a bottle of Formula 409 Multi-surface.
Well i'll be dipped. Our cleaner of choice is seven. 409 had always been my choice of cleaners in the shop for years. It wasn't until my wife started buying Clorox Disinfecting Bleach that i stopped using it. Apparently a correction is needed. i'll be mentioning to my wife today. Thanks for the heads up.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. - Will Rogers

bradman
Policy Wonk

Post by bradman »

wow. :o Granted it's nothing like being in the hospital on the edge of death, but i have recently experienced a childhood dream i haven't had in 50 years. i'm in a attic in flannel pj's. i take off across the floor and into a slide on my knees. i see a hole open up at the end of the room and no matter how hard i try i can't stop the slide. The only reason i consistently remember having the dream is because when i do fall into the hole i instantly wake up with a feeling of helplessness that is overpowering.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/want-kill-ma ... 29516.html
Kim Victory was paralyzed on a bed and being burned alive.

Just in time, someone rescued her, but suddenly, she was turned into an ice sculpture on a fancy cruise ship buffet. Next, she was a subject of an experiment in a lab in Japan. Then she was being attacked by cats.

Nightmarish visions like these plagued Victory during her hospitalization this spring for severe respiratory failure caused by the coronavirus. They made her so agitated that one night she pulled out her ventilator breathing tube; another time, she fell off a chair and landed on the floor of the intensive care unit.

“It was so real, and I was so scared,” said Victory, 31, now back home in Franklin, Tennessee.

To a startling degree, many coronavirus patients are reporting similar experiences. Called hospital delirium, the phenomenon has previously been seen mostly in a subset of older patients, some of whom already had dementia, and in recent years, hospitals adopted measures to reduce it.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. - Will Rogers

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

Gilead prices COVID-19 drug candidate remdesivir at $2,340 per patient

Gilead Sciences Inc has priced its COVID-19 drug candidate remdesivir at $2,340 for a five-day treatment in the United States and some other developed countries, it said on Monday, as it set the price for a single vial at $390.

The price for U.S. private insurance companies will be $520 per vial, the drugmaker said, which equates to $3,120 per patient for a treatment course using 6 vials of remdesivir.

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/202 ... /24540467/

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

Reopen News: NYC indoor dining may be delayed in Phase 3 reopening

NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- Mayor Bill de Blasio said while outdoor dining is "working" in New York City, he confirmed Monday that the reopening of indoor dining may be paused due to coronavirus concerns.

"We are now going to reexamine the indoor dining rules for Phase 3," de Blasio. "The rest of Phase 3 is moving on pace for Monday, July 6th."

https://abc7ny.com/health/nyc-indoor-di ... g/6280941/

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

Coronavirus News: Broadway shutdown extended until January due to COVID-19 pandemic

NEW YORK CITY -- The shutdown on Broadway has been extended again - until at least early January.

Although an exact date for performances to resume has yet to be determined, Broadway producers are now offering refunds and exchanges for tickets purchased for shows through Jan. 3.

https://abc7ny.com/entertainment/broadw ... s/6281022/

Number6
Board Emeritus

Post by Number6 »

bradman wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:42 am
wow. :o Granted it's nothing like being in the hospital on the edge of death, but i have recently experienced a childhood dream i haven't had in 50 years. i'm in a attic in flannel pj's. i take off across the floor and into a slide on my knees. i see a hole open up at the end of the room and no matter how hard i try i can't stop the slide. The only reason i consistently remember having the dream is because when i do fall into the hole i instantly wake up with a feeling of helplessness that is overpowering.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/want-kill-ma ... 29516.html
Fortunately, I'm a lucid dreamer so when I have dreams like that I can change or end it. For me, I can sit back (actually, lying down) and watch it like a movie or I can interact with it. It's something I realized I could do about 40 years ago without knowing what it was called. Since then, I've met a few people who do lucid dreaming and they didn't know what it was called either and thought everyone dreamed like they do.

Number6
Board Emeritus

Post by Number6 »

Jacksonville to order mask-wearing ahead of GOP convention
Jacksonville, where the Republican National Convention is slated to be held in August, is planning to institute a city-wide mask order to stem the spread of coronavirus, city hall sources tell POLITICO.

The announcement, scheduled for noon, requires indoor-mask wearing only — not an outside mandate that other local governments in Florida have passed. Jacksonville is unlike any other municipality in the state because the sprawling city essentially encompasses all of Duval County in northeast Florida.

As the number of cases in in the city and state rise, Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry, his staff and healthcare experts have been discussing a mask order for more than a week, two sources said. A final turning point for Curry came after the decisions by the Coast Guard and Navy, which has two facilities in Jacksonville, to order indoor mask-wearing.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/election ... li=BBnb7Kz

Libertas
Board Emeritus

Post by Libertas »

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1277696543370252288
Breaking: L.A. County health officials issued a dire warning Monday that conditions amid the coronavirus pandemic are deteriorating rapidly and the highly contagious virus is spreading swiftly in the community.

And now are those in other parts of the state and in LA county going to have to step aside and have their beds taken as well? What a fucking shit show. What if a person needed a knee surgery, for instance, but all the beds were gone?

How much better would it be in LA if we had national leadership and funding of everything needed? Way better, but the GOP and rump are KILLING us and at this point there is no question that it is intentional. If it wasnt, they would do something.
If you are a FLYNN defender you are a TRAITOR and dont talk to me, I am a patriot...

bradman
Policy Wonk

Post by bradman »

Libertas wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:39 pm
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1277696543370252288

And now are those in other parts of the state and in LA county going to have to step aside and have their beds taken as well? What a fucking shit show. What if a person needed a knee surgery, for instance, but all the beds were gone?

How much better would it be in LA if we had national leadership and funding of everything needed? Way better, but the GOP and rump are KILLING us and at this point there is no question that it is intentional. If it wasnt, they would do something.
From what i understand the beds are there. The ICU beds are the beds we are flattening the curve for. They're in short supply. They limit the other beds/surgeries to a minimum so as not spread the virus thru such a closed environment. Emergency surgeries are still done, elective surgeries end up on hold.

My wife went thru three months of pain before she was able to replace a hip in the little window offered when they opened back up for elective surgeries recently in Minnesota.

Number6
Board Emeritus

Post by Number6 »

The San Diego County BOard of Supervisors have ordered all bars that do not serve food to close down. Governor Newsom had ordered bars closed in seven counties but San Diego wasn't one of those counties.
San Diego County ordered all bars, wineries and breweries that do not serve food to close by the end of the month, officials announced Monday.

“We will be closing all bars, wineries and breweries in San Diego County that do not have a license to serve food,” Supervisor Nathan Fletcher said.

The order goes into effect at midnight on July 1, Fletcher said. All additional reopenings will be paused until at least August 1, when county officials will reevaluate guidance for San Diego.

“It’s a simple reality that alcohol consumption impairs judgment and may lead to less compliance with physical distancing guidelines. People often spend more time in a bar than other establishments, like a restaurant for eating. Loud bars and loud settings require loud conversations and yelling which spreads droplets more efficiently and more effectively than you would see in other settings. And then people who do not know each other often congregate in bars, making it difficult to engage in throughout contact tracing about who may have been exposed,” Fletcher said.
https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/ ... n/2356178/

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

Fauci predicts 100,000 new COVID-19 cases per day if US can't control outbreaks

Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, warned members of Congress on Monday that the U.S. could reach 100,000 new COVID-19 cases per day if the country does not get a handle on the pandemic.

Speaking before the Senate health committee, Fauci said the country is heading in the “wrong direction,” with growing outbreaks in four states accounting for 50 percent new infections in the U.S.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/5 ... nt-control

Libertas
Board Emeritus

Post by Libertas »

Directly and entirely because of rump and those who defend him, millions will die as I predicted months ago.

Those who dont die will have PTSD per new report and lifelong lung problems.

95% of this does not happen if AnY democrat is in office and for that matter some repubs...

He still does nothing to protect our soldiers...he still does nothing to help fight the virus...and YOU CONS still SIT there and keep your MOUTHS shut...fucking cowards.

Libertas
Board Emeritus

Post by Libertas »

News coming in too fast to react to...so many dying

all because of people who support rump including the ones who lie and say they dont...

A National Mask Mandate Could Save The U.S. Economy $1 Trillion, Goldman Sachs Says
Wall Street seems to be getting fed up and nervous about the shitty leadership. They may start telling Republicans to step in line on masks since Trump encourages just the opposit.

Sarah Hansen Forbes Staff
Markets
I cover breaking news.

TOPLINE As mask-wearing becomes a political flashpoint—despite coronavirus cases spiking to record levels across the country—new research from Goldman Sachs suggests a national mask mandate would slow the growth rate of new coronavirus infections and prevent a 5% GDP loss caused by additional lockdown measures.

KEY FACTS
Goldman’s analysts found that wearing face coverings has a significant impact on coronavirus outcomes, and they suggest that a federal mask mandate would “meaningfully” increase mask usage across the country, especially in states like Florida and Texas, where masks are not currently required.

The researchers estimate that a national mandate would increase the portion of people who wearing masks by 15%, and cut the daily growth of new cases by between 0.6% and 1%.

Reducing the spread of the virus through mask-wearing, the analysts found, could be a substitute for strict lockdown measures that would otherwise shave 5%—or $1 trillion—off the U.S. GDP.

CRUCIAL QUOTE
“If a face mask mandate meaningfully lowers coronavirus infections, it could be valuable not only from a public health perspective but also from an economic perspective because it could substitute for renewed lockdowns that would otherwise hit GDP,” the researchers wrote.

More: https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahhanse ... 76ca5656f1
Will rump and his followers including those here go along with Wall Street on this? No way, because rump knows his base, he knows little else, nothing else really, but he knows his followers want to do the opposite of what is right and good...

ZoWie
Board Emeritus

Post by ZoWie »

Goldman, wow.

CNBC babbles on in its fantasy universe, where the market goes up 4 days out of every 5, and capitalism is working just great. The mask issue hasn't penetrated their world yet. Maybe now it will.

Did you ever, EVER, in your weirdest fantasies, think that the simple wearing of a face mask in public places like they've done in Asia forever would be a primary political issue worth fighting and getting arrested over?

Libertas
Board Emeritus

Post by Libertas »

Motor City
Board Emeritus

Post by Motor City »

https://twitter.com/RevDrBarber/status/ ... 5117383680
In America today, kids go to bed hungry, families ration medicine, and ZIP codes determine access to clean water, good schools, and reliable Internet. We can change that, and we must.
its like were the country that refuses to wear a mask as all these things make us ill

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

CDC map: More than 30 states are open despite having 'zero' days of decreasing coronavirus cases

As the United States struggles to contain the spread of the coronavirus, focus has turned to California, Arizona, Texas and Florida, which have seen dramatic spikes in recent days. But a map from an internal document produced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention obtained by Yahoo News shows that as many as 32 states are not seeing decreases in COVID-19 cases.

The map is a starkly visual reminder that many of the states have ignored CDC guidance, which recommended not reopening until they had achieved 14 days of declining cases.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 ... /24541931/

ProfessorX
Board Emeritus

Post by ProfessorX »

The anti-mask movement is nothing new. Americans were this stupid in 1918, and the stupid is back with us now.

There were anti-mask leagues and movements during the Spanish Flu, idiots then said it was a Bolshevik plot.
https://www.history.com/news/1918-spani ... resistance

Stupidity repeats.

Only in this country could people politicize something which is not really a political issue, as somebody put it, it's just a freaking IQ test. And so many fail. Only in this country could people fight to defend the statues of the leaders of a slave empire, the Confederacy, and then compare mask wearing to slavery. :roll: There really is nothing partisan or political about wearing a mask. Morons have made it into a political issue. Bill Gates and his Illuminati are not trying to get you to wear a mask. It's a public health measure, we used it in 1918 to stem the Spanish flu, for the same reason we're doing it now.

But in this country, apparently, the liberty hill folks want to die on is their right to cough, sneeze, and blast spittle on each other. Sigh, America.
-- Tis an ill wind that blows no minds.
Malaclypse the Younger

ZoWie
Board Emeritus

Post by ZoWie »

Your constitutional right to keep and spread germs.

Really, it got spun that way by the usual people.

I keep telling myself that it's not a Russian psyop. The fact that it came from drumpf and the NRA, both Russian assets, politicizing a health issue is not sufficient evidence for proof that it is, since they politicize everything.

Remember how the first bunches of demonstrators were all strapped up? It was the gun rights people all the way. Quite a few of them have since become covid statistics helping the hockey stick curve go off the chart.

I've been talking about the 1918 experience for some time now. We are repeating it, almost in every detail. They flattened the curve the first time too, then said thank goodness that's over. That impatience killed millions worldwide, when the population was a fraction of now. It killed more Americans than the war did. Way more.

Soon after, a good part of the country embraced the Klan. Not connected, but interesting timing.

Libertas
Board Emeritus

Post by Libertas »

So many of us are gonna get it, some will die.

GOP is allowing the traitor to stay in power knowing he is killing us with the virus. I would love to be able to see justice for all of them, ALL of them.

But we wont see justice, if we are dead.

And what is it, 12 yrs to turn around climate change issue or doom? yeah...with GOP anywhere near power here and what is going on in China, I do not see anything but drastic harm to all.

Number6
Board Emeritus

Post by Number6 »

This Phoenix vintage clothing store has the perfect message for those who don't want to wear a mask in their store.