Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have a few from the fire

I am calling local hospital now to donate half of them..

They said they cant take them unless they are in sealed packaging...One of them is, the rest are in a box as I bought a dozen or so Amazon last year

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:49 am 
Policy Wonk

I've got two of them for my wife and I. I understand China is offering other countries masks but
we're not getting any for they are upset with Trump calling this the China virus.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

if i feel need to wear a mask-- grocery store if needed?--- ill tie a bandana around my face.
the droplets wont get thru in the short time id be in a store and i can use bleach and wash them
once home.
short of a mask a real N95 mask(i had a box from house bldg days but tossed them some time ago)
i dont expect to be around humans all that much, wearing something over your mouth and nose is the key.
not letting the droplets get on/in your orifices.
not sure what they suggest for..eyeballs. we dont all have scuba eye masks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

if i feel need to wear a mask-- grocery store if needed?--- ill tie a bandana around my face.
the droplets wont get thru in the short time id be in a store and i can use bleach and wash them
once home.
short of a mask a real N95 mask(i had a box from house bldg days but tossed them some time ago)
i dont expect to be around humans all that much, wearing something over your mouth and nose is the key.
not letting the droplets get on/in your orifices.
not sure what they suggest for..eyeballs. we dont all have scuba eye masks.

When you wear your bandana into the store make sure you let them know it's just a mask and you're not going to rob them. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

When you wear your bandana into the store make sure you let them know it's just a mask and you're not going to rob them. ;)

:rw) thanks ill do that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have goggles, gloves, and an N95 from my brief foray into sculpture, and I'll look like a space man in the store in them any day.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have a pair of them in their original, sealed package. I don't do any work that would require a mask but I had them from when I was on the local Community Emergency Response Team (CERT). I'll hold on to them for now but if the local hospital, police, or fire department needs them I'll donate them.