Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Hope everyone is okay.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm fine, teleworking and we're only going out for groceries. Myself and my folks are quite active in getting the nation through this any way we can. Things are falling apart and it turns out that unions were right after all! We shouldn't have shut down our manufacturing and moved it all to China! Who knew?

We're going to go through a very rough period, and it's going to be far worse as we have a nutjob running the government.

While we unions and workers aren't responsible for what happened, we can be part of truly making America Great Again! I mean, for real!

To all my friends here, take care. If you want to FB friend me, as I'm quite active right now there, you can message me.

GoU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm fine, teleworking and we're only going out for groceries. Myself and my folks are quite active in getting the nation through this any way we can. Things are falling apart and it turns out that unions were right after all! We shouldn't have shut down our manufacturing and moved it all to China! Who knew?

We're going to go through a very rough period, and it's going to be far worse as we have a nutjob running the government.

While we unions and workers aren't responsible for what happened, we can be part of truly making America Great Again! I mean, for real!

To all my friends here, take care. If you want to FB friend me, as I'm quite active right now there, you can message me.

GoU

hey GoU. nice to see you.
thanks for your words and efforts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hey GoU ... glad to "see" you.

I'm tele teaching.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hi GoU! Nice seeing you.
I of course will help with your revolution. I wouldn't miss it for anything.

Solidarity forever!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:58 pm 
Policy Wonk

I am OK and glad to hear you are OK too

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm fine GoU stay well & safe.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hey GoU!

Good to hear from you and that you are doing alright. Mrs. Bird and I are good. It is bit rough on her mother as she is in a memory care unit and doesn’t understand and, of course, we can’t visit her.

Beyond that things are ok.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:28 am 
Board Emeritus

Good to hear from you GoU. Stay well and healthy my friend.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:45 am 
Policy Wonk

My wife and I are doing fine in Oregon. I'm so happy I retired from the Post Office (after 31 years)
last May and don't have to be out there delivering mail in the middle of a pandemic.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

My wife and I are doing fine in Oregon. I'm so happy I retired from the Post Office (after 31 years)
last May and don't have to be out there delivering mail in the middle of a pandemic.

bless yer heart.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

All ok here, at work, all quiet and social distancing. Someone has to do public safety! Keep chill and stay safe.

Sent from my Moto X using Forum Runner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

All ok here, at work, all quiet and social distancing. Someone has to do public safety! Keep chill and stay safe.

Sent from my Moto X using Forum Runner

stay frosty oscar mike. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:27 pm 
Policy Wonk

Hey GoU. Everything is good.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

> Oscar Mike..........

Hi Bernie, and 73 OM!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hey, GO UNIONS GO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm fine but in limbo. I need a hip replacement but who knows how long I'll have to wait.

I'm at least relieved that most of my immediate family can work from home. I'm home with my 85 yr. old mother. Im keeping her housebound while I go out to get food and other necessities.

Speaking of which, do any of you know where I can score some toilet paper? There's a shortage for some weird reason.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:38 pm 
Policy Wonk

Rita, check Target on line and they should be able to tell. You can reserve it. Limit is two.

Gail underwent Hip Replacement back in November, I feel for you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:02 am 
Board Emeritus

I'm fine but in limbo. I need a hip replacement but who knows how long I'll have to wait.

I'm at least relieved that most of my immediate family can work from home. I'm home with my 85 yr. old mother. Im keeping her housebound while I go out to get food and other necessities.

Speaking of which, do any of you know where I can score some toilet paper? There's a shortage for some weird reason.

We don't have any of that in stores either, although some facial tissue (Kleenex) is still available. It's acceptable in that it wont clog the toilet. Especially if one tears each Kleenex in half before using it.

Paper towels are OK too if one tears it into 2 inch wide strips and then tears each strip in two.

When I was growing up a gunny sack of dried corn cobs was our emergency back up on the farm. I remember running out one time and having to get into that emergency sack. It was scratchy and uncomfortable although it did keep the hand out of it. That's the problem with pulling up some grass and using that.

:|

I probably ought to mention for my mothers sake it was in the old outhouse out back we boys used during the day where ran out of TP, not in the modern indoor toilet kept by my mother in the house.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:43 am 
Board Emeritus

We don't have any of that in stores either, although some facial tissue (Kleenex) is still available. It's acceptable in that it wont clog the toilet. Especially if one tears each Kleenex in half before using it.

Paper towels are OK too if one tears it into 2 inch wide strips and then tears each strip in two.

I wouldn't advise doing that. Here's a link I posted earlier from our local TV news talking to the manager of a major plumbing company in San Diego about what not to flush down the toilet.
CBS8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:24 am 
Board Emeritus

I wouldn't advise doing that. Here's a link I posted earlier from our local TV news talking to the manager of a major plumbing company in San Diego about what not to flush down the toilet.
CBS8

That concerned fellow on your TV didn't talk about tearing Kleenex's in half, or paper towels into 2 inch strips and then tearing each strip in half. All of that tearing it into smaller parts is done so it doesn't clog the toilet.

I would expect a manager to say what he said on TV. That would be the kind of thing it would be wise to say on TV so he wouldn't get in trouble.

Who do you listen to, the manager of a major plumbing company in San Diego who might have at some time in his life worked as a plumber, or a retired steamfitter who in filling in as a pipe fitter many times, a plumber, has unclogged many toilets?

If I make a mistake I have to dip my arm in it to unclog it. :|

No doubt that fellow also mentioned that kind of paper doesn't break down as quickly in a septic tank, that's standard, one would always say that on TV. That doesn't matter because in the context that I was speaking to RitaAnn about was for using it for a few days.

It wouldn't matter, for a while it would be a small blob in a great big septic tank where it would break down more slowly, then it would be gone.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:37 am 
Board Emeritus

Nevada governor bars malaria drugs for coronavirus patients

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Nevada’s governor has signed an emergency order barring the use of anti-malaria drugs for someone who has the coronavirus.

Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak’s order Tuesday restricting chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine comes after President Donald Trump touted the medication as a treatment for the virus

https://elkodaily.com/news/state-and-re ... 4d61a.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Would like to tear someone a new asshole about now...two people...

3...wait 4...just about any and all cons in power who are killing us...cons in red states purposely ignoring the need to shelter in place...

we sit here WAITING to get sick and in many cases DIE while cons do this...I dont understand why people are just sitting there WAITING TO DIE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

That concerned fellow on your TV didn't talk about tearing Kleenex's in half, or paper towels into 2 inch strips and then tearing each strip in half. All of that tearing it into smaller parts is done so it doesn't clog the toilet.

I would expect a manager to say what he said on TV. That would be the kind of thing it would be wise to say on TV so he wouldn't get in trouble.

Who do you listen to, the manager of a major plumbing company in San Diego who might have at some time in his life worked as a plumber, or a retired steamfitter who in filling in as a pipe fitter many times, a plumber, has unclogged many toilets?

If I make a mistake I have to dip my arm in it to unclog it. :|

No doubt that fellow also mentioned that kind of paper doesn't break down as quickly in a septic tank, that's standard, one would always say that on TV. That doesn't matter because in the context that I was speaking to RitaAnn about was for using it for a few days.

It wouldn't matter, for a while it would be a small blob in a great big septic tank where it would break down more slowly, then it would be gone.

I'll listen to the expert; the plumber. He could have said go ahead and use kleenex, paper towels, and baby wipes because that would be good for his business, but he didn't do that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'll listen to the expert; the plumber. He could have said go ahead and use kleenex, paper towels, and baby wipes because that would be good for his business, but he didn't do that.

I don't know if you understand this, a steamfitter is a master plumber with additional knowledge in thermodynamic systems. I'm the expert here!

The business manager is very likely not himself a plumber, he's a business manager. I'll remind you I was talking to RitaAnn not you. She's out or low on TP, a plumber, me has told her of two acceptable, albeit they may not be a soft, substitutes she may use to solve that problem.

A plumbing contractor generally avoids taking clogged drain calls whenever possible. Most of them try to refer those calls from their clients to Roto-Rooter or equivalent contractors. And Roto-Rooter men are not plumbers. Joe the Plumber from the 2008 election year was a roto man, not a plumber.

I hate unclogging drains, yuck, that's why i'll always tear a paper towel into small bits when I find I've run out of the real deal and are using it in TP's stead.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Also, run hot water for a few minutes once a month in all drains/sinks...that helps.

Per my plumber.

If it comes to using paper towels or kleenex, it cant hurt to tear it in half or 2 inch strips..

Damn, I wish I hadnt been right all along about the republicans...