RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

how come we arent spraying like alllll these other countries have done and they quelled the
rise of this virus?

why isnt the president of the US advocating for spraying of the virus?

anyone...anyone know why the 'us' isnt spraying? too costly?? is that it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

what info do you have on who is spraying and what are they spraying

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

how come we arent spraying like alllll these other countries have done and they quelled the
rise of this virus?

why isnt the president of the US advocating for spraying of the virus?

anyone...anyone know why the 'us' isnt spraying? too costly?? is that it?

I think that spraying thing is kind of like the washing hands thing. Largely a population placebo measure. In both cases it might help, it's possible, none can criticize it without being subjected to the hot spot by both friends and foe.

I think on the order of 98 or 99 percent of the transmissions occurs when one person inhales the exhale of an infected person. That washing hands and spraying the great outdoors might curb that leftover one or two percent.

So it can't hurt. I wash my hands. But I know it's a placebo. Today I wiped down the shopping cart I used with a concentrated bleach wipe before I touched it.

:)

In India they are asking people to please not spray their court yards and entry ways with bleach quite as much. They aren't saying no not at all, but they worry about it's effect on the environment.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

what info do you have on who is spraying and what are they spraying

The Chinese made a quite a wag the dog show with video saying they were sterilizing their infected cities twice a day back in mid February. I think they calmed their population and the world down some with it.

It cost little to do because I don't think they actually sterilized their cities, I think they made a show of having agriculture insect floggers being seen occasionally on the streets, and crews of people with hand sprayers being seen in business districts where businesses were still open.

I think it helped keep people inside when they told them the fog was poisons so stay inside. That was probably the most useful thing it did.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

somewhere in the news of the last 24hours film showed more spraying of the area surrounding
that particular area shown.

so again i ask...WTF isnt the 'us' spraying...anywhere?...somewhere?...at all?...public places
where germ carriers go have been still are.

why.

fuck im spraying my house why isnt my fed gov spraying public places???

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

I can tell you when they had the Zika outbreak here in South Florida, they were spraying this place like crazy --- with insecticide, as it was carried by mosquitos.

Also, the police were literally going around and slapping anybody who had standing water on their property, as that's breeding grounds for them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:27 pm 
Policy Wonk

what if they kill the good germs along with the bad? are there good germs? what if they balance each other out and it gives way to one dominating and growing worse because they are no longer holding each other in check?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

what if they kill the good germs along with the bad? are there good germs? what if they balance each other out and it gives way to one dominating and growing worse because they are no longer holding each other in check?

Spraying isn't a very effective way to kill germs, so I wouldn't worry all that much about the good or bad germs being wiped out.

Hosing something down with disinfectant on the other hand can be much more effective. By hosing I mean applying enough solution long enough to soak into and through the dirt and grime, like a quarter inch of rain would do.

Just for fun I'm going to do the math. A surface area of 3.797 million mi² x 4,344,640 gallons per square mile to equal a quarter inch of rain = 16,490,000,000,000 gallons of water.

That's 16 trillion gallons of water.

It takes 1 tablespoon of bleach per 1 gallon of water to make a sanitizing solution. (I put that in bold because that home chemical recipe is useful). 16,490,000,000,000 tablespoons of bleach = 64,414,062,500 gallons of bleach.

That's 64 billion gallons of bleach.

Each gallon of bleach contains seven ounces of salt. 64 billion gallons of bleach contains 4,000,000,000 pounds of salt.

That's 4 billion pounds of salt.

:(

I wonder how many billion pounds of salt it would take to mess up the ecology of the Earth, make it so crops wouldn't grow, so we would starve if we hosed it on the ground?

That would be much harder to calculate.

:|

That's probably why they're not hosing down America with disinfectant. It's too hard to calculate how much would be too much salt.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

are there good germs?

What Are Probiotics?
https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorde ... obiotics#1

Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for you, especially your digestive system. We usually think of these as germs that cause diseases. But your body is full of bacteria, both good and bad. Probiotics are often called "good" or "helpful" bacteria because they help keep your gut healthy.

[snip][end]

The good news, you could probably spray the planet, and it won't affect your "good" gut bacteria.
The bad news, much of your diet isn't always "good" for the balance of the "good" guys.
Some foods, notably yoghurt, promote probiotics, but don't always buy the hype on the label.

Should say one more thing. Don't go berserk with the use of antibacterial products in your home. Many of those products won't do shit to COVID-19. And, overuse of those products leads to the growth of resistant bacteria in hospitals and elsewhere.

BTW, there are billions of bacteria or "germs" in your body at any time, and most of them are neither per se good or bad for you. They're just hanging out. They are always there. Now, if you have certain allergies or immunodeficiencies, they are not always harmless fellow travelers. But in most humans they are.