GOP is pro-Putin, anti-USA

News and events of the day
ProfX

Re: GOP is pro-Putin, anti-USA

Post by ProfX »

Ehhh, I'll just drop this here. I'd make a Borat joke, but this is just very not funny.

Kazakh president: Forces can shoot to kill to quell unrest
https://apnews.com/article/kazakhstan-l ... a008072997

MOSCOW (AP) — Kazakhstan’s president authorized security forces on Friday to shoot to kill those participating in unrest, opening the door for a dramatic escalation in a crackdown on anti-government protests that have turned violent.

The Central Asian nation this week experienced its worst street protests since gaining independence from the Soviet Union three decades ago, and dozens have been killed in the tumult. The demonstrations began over a near-doubling of prices for a type of vehicle fuel and quickly spread across the country, reflecting wider discontent with authoritarian rule.

In a televised address to the nation, President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev used harsh rhetoric, referring to those involved in the turmoil as “terrorists,” “bandits” and “militants” — though it was unclear what led the peaceful protests to first gather steam and then descend into violence. No protest leaders have emerged so far.

“I have given the order to law enforcement and the army to shoot to kill without warning,” Tokayev said. “Those who don’t surrender will be eliminated.”

Concerns grew in recent days that an even broader crackdown might be coming, as internet and cellphone service was severely disrupted and sometimes totally blocked, and several airports closed — making it difficult to know what was happening inside the country and for images of the unrest to reach the outside world.

Adding to those fears was Tokayev’s request for help from a Russia-led military alliance, the Collective Security Treaty Organization, whose troops began arriving Thursday.

On Friday, Kazakhstan’s Interior Ministry reported that security forces have killed 26 protesters during the unrest, which escalated sharply on Wednesday. Another 26 were wounded and more than 3,800 people have been detained. A total of 18 law enforcement officers were reported killed, and over 700 injured.

[snip]

As he vowed a tougher response, he called on the CSTO alliance for help. A total of 2,500 troops have arrived so far, all of them in Almaty, Kazakh media reported, citing foreign ministry officials.

Kazakh officials have insisted that troops from the alliance, which includes several former Soviet republics, will not be fighting the demonstrators, and instead will guard government institutions. It wasn’t immediately clear whether the foreign troops deployed thus far were involved in suppressing the unrest.

The involvement of CSTO forces is an indication that Kazakhstan’s neighbors, particularly Russia, are concerned the turmoil could spread.

[snip]

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Washington had “questions about the nature ” of what CSTO has described as a peacekeeping mission in Kazakhstan.

[snip][end]

So, not surprisingly, both Russia/Putin and China/Xi are backing Kazakhstan's autocrat. Russia has already sent in troops for backup.

Again, there MAY be people engaging in terroristic actions - such people should be arrested - the EU does not support the idea that a "shoot to kill" order against all protesters is appropriate ...

Surprise, surprise, the autocrat is blaming outside, Western forces ...
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
bradman

Post by bradman »

Putin is not going to make the same mistake he did in the Ukraine. Hit it hard and fast. His baby, the EAEU, depends on it.

In other news, it looks like the west is leaning towards telling Putin to take his desired security agreement and stick it where the sun never shines.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
bradman

Post by bradman »

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/russi ... eid=yhoof2
Russian intervention in Kazakh civil unrest viewed as potentially shifting Putin calculus on Ukraine
WASHINGTON (AP) — Russia’s decision to send paratroopers into Kazakhstan, where a crackdown on violent anti-government protests has left dozens dead, injects additional uncertainty into upcoming talks over a possible Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The question is whether the unrest in Kazakhstan has changed the calculations of Russian President Vladimir Putin as he weighs his options in Ukraine. Some say Putin may not want to engage in two conflicts at the same time, while others say Russia has the military capacity to do both and he will decide separately on whether to attack Ukraine. The instability in Kazakhstan may even add new urgency to Putin’s desire to shore up Russia’s power in the region.
i question whether or not Putin has the resources to do both.

It's definitely put a hitch in Putins git along.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

bradman wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:31 am https://www.marketwatch.com/story/russi ... eid=yhoof2
Russian intervention in Kazakh civil unrest viewed as potentially shifting Putin calculus on Ukraine

i question whether or not Putin has the resources to do both.

It's definitely put a hitch in Putins git along.
The Russian Army is pretty much a shell of what it used to be. Putin cannot fight a war on two fronts and expect. Without the Warsaw Pact to support him, Putin's got nothing. NATO will NOT allow Russian to walk into Ukraine. Won't happen.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

I don't think NATO/the EU or the UN or really anybody is going to stop the Kazakh. autocrat from murdering protesters against his rule, with Russian Army backup.

So are the realities of today's geopolitics. Unfortunately.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

And now NK nut-job launching more missiles. Traitor and him are pals, which makes ANYONE who EVER votes even ONCE for ANY republican also a pal of Kim Jong-un.

FUCK

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ssile.html

How many of us Americans are you gop voters authorizing to be killed by NK?
I sigh in your general direction.
bradman

Post by bradman »

Wow, That was fast. He didn't miss a step.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kazakh-leade ... 49992.html
Kazakh leader: Russia-led security group to pull out troops
MOSCOW (AP) — The president of Kazakhstan announced Tuesday that a Russia-led security alliance will start pulling out its troops from the Central Asian nation in two days after completing its mission.
Putin has come a long way since his little green men days.
Drak

Post by Drak »

You know, at one time, when you committed serious crimes and went to jail, you were ostracized for life. Not so now with the current GOP. Hannity is bringing Paul Manafort on his show tonight to talk flog his book. Manafort is literally a Kremlin agent.

Manafort's crimes

Tax Fraud
Witness Tampering
Conspiracy to defraud the United States.

This is today's GOP. Mobbed up criminals.

"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
bradman

Post by bradman »

Little Rus'...........

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-putin-ha ... 29835.html
Why Putin has such a hard time accepting Ukrainian sovereignty
gounion

Post by gounion »

One could say "don't buy books by crooks" but then it would destroy the entire right-wing publishing industry.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

The Traitor was actually quoting Stalin on Sunday, no word how Glenn reacts to the Traitor quoting a Communist.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Drak

Post by Drak »

marindem01 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:26 am The Traitor was actually quoting Stalin on Sunday, no word how Glenn reacts to the Traitor quoting a Communist.
Tucker Carlson was also pushing Russian talking points again last night. Fox should just label itself Russia State TV and be done with it. Pretty sad that so many Republicans can just be bought off by foreign money and not care about America.

marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Drak wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:30 am Tucker Carlson was also pushing Russian talking points again last night. Fox should just label itself Russia State TV and be done with it. Pretty sad that so many Republicans can just be bought off by foreign money and not care about America.
I'm wondering when Rupert Murdock will start broadcasting Russian State TV. Or will he just sell Faux to Russia?
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

In this country, an operation like the limited Russian deployment to Kazakhstan would be considered protective reaction.

Ukraine is another matter. Putin just can't handle that it's not an SSR any more, nor does 2/3 of it want to be. He plays games. He infiltrates troops across the border, and he saber rattles. Realistically, he can't muster the strength to go against NATO, so the issue seems to be keeping Ukraine out of that alliance.

I do see a scenario where any possible misstep on any side could start the nastiest European war since Kosovo and all that, and last I knew we still had some kind of assets committed to that one.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

"Enemy of The State", straight out of Stalin. But as long it is the Traitor quoting Stalin, Glenn is OK with it.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

ZoWie wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:43 pm In this country, an operation like the limited Russian deployment to Kazakhstan would be considered protective reaction.

Ukraine is another matter. Putin just can't handle that it's not an SSR any more, nor does 2/3 of it want to be. He plays games. He infiltrates troops across the border, and he saber rattles. Realistically, he can't muster the strength to go against NATO, so the issue seems to be keeping Ukraine out of that alliance.

I do see a scenario where any possible misstep on any side could start the nastiest European war since Kosovo and all that, and last I knew we still had some kind of assets committed to that one.
Putin knows he does not have the where with all to do a damn thing against Ukraine. All he can saber rattle and big noises.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

ZoWie wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:43 pm In this country, an operation like the limited Russian deployment to Kazakhstan would be considered protective reaction.
Russia's big dick-tater makes sure that K'stan's smaller dick-tater has backup and holds on to power. Putin prefers the subtlety, if you're going to be a critic, stay away from high windows and radioactive isotopes. The Kazakh guy is no "Borat," he's as funny as bunch of mowed-down protesters.

That said, the U.S. has no geopolitical or other interest in what's happening there, however, human rights groups and organizations should.

As for Ukraine, Russia still seems to like to rely on its favorite tactic of cyber-attacks. A lot of plausible deniability when it comes to those Fozzy Bears.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Tom Malinowski - Verfied @Malinowski
My office is now getting calls from folks who say they watch Tucker Carlson and are upset that we're not siding with Russia in its threats to invade Ukraine, and who want me to support Russia's "reasonable" positions.

Not a shock. Tucker Carlson, Fox news and a major portion of the GOP have been pro Putinists for some time now. Russia is America's enemy, not a friend. Never has been a friend. Amazing how Republicans have fallen here from the Cold War. They are now in bed with the enemy.

If we end up in a war, Fox News needs to be shut down for conspiring against the United States.

carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:52 pm Tom Malinowski - Verfied @Malinowski
My office is now getting calls from folks who say they watch Tucker Carlson and are upset that we're not siding with Russia in its threats to invade Ukraine, and who want me to support Russia's "reasonable" positions.

Not a shock. Tucker Carlson, Fox news and a major portion of the GOP have been pro Putinists for some time now. Russia is America's enemy, not a friend. Never has been a friend. Amazing how Republicans have fallen here from the Cold War. They are now in bed with the enemy.

If we end up in a war, Fox News needs to be shut down for conspiring against the United States.
It's surprising but it's also not surprising. Conservatives are always on the wrong side of history. Perhaps moreso today than ever before...but not by much. Plus, today's R's are still commiebaiting like yesterday's, even as Dear Leader cozied up to the craziest communists, ever.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

Carlson is a Traitor to this counrtry. He is Russian Propaganda Asset. Rupert needs to shut this guy the hell up. There a difference in ratings as opposed calling for an Insurrection or supporting a Hostile Foreign Power (Russia) in it's goal to restore the Soviet Empire.
Drak

Post by Drak »

carmenjonze wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:05 pm It's surprising but it's also not surprising. Conservatives are always on the wrong side of history. Perhaps moreso today than ever before...but not by much. Plus, today's R's are still commiebaiting like yesterday's, even as Dear Leader cozied up to the craziest communists, ever.
Yep. Dear Leader loves Kim Jong-un, and praises both Kim and Xi. Then there's his love for Vlad, who was a KGB agent. Then there's Trump's wife, Melania, whose father was a member of the communist party. Then there's Trump's constant visits to Russia during the later period of the Cold War.

Drak

Post by Drak »

"I believe Putin! He just said it's not Russia. I will say this. I don't see any reason why it would be!"

- Donald Trump in Helsinki on July 16th, 2018

marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Drak wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:09 pm "I believe Putin! He just said it's not Russia. I will say this. I don't see any reason why it would be!"

- Donald Trump in Helsinki on July 16th, 2018
This is what Glenn defends.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Julia Davis - verified @JuliaDavisNews

Tuckyo Rose is in full bloom on #Russia's state TV. Multiple clips of Tucker Carlson's rants are being used to corroborate the pro-Kremlin talking points, simultaneously attacking America, Biden, NATO and Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/stat ... 9897331715

Pretty clear who Tucker Carlson and Fox News work for, and it’s not the United States.

Drak

Post by Drak »

Not even hiding the treason any more. Openly attacking the President of the United States and calling him weak while backing the enemy. I never thought I'd see the day when America's enemy would completely own an entire political party.