GOP is pro-Putin, anti-USA

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: GOP is pro-Putin, anti-USA

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:15 pm Reality check:
Lol "fully desegregated" to the Glennfs's of the world means one Puerto Rican kid entered the door without getting strung up by fellow students.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

GOP Rep. Cawthorn calls Zelensky a 'thug,' says Ukraine is pushing 'woke ideologies'
https://news.yahoo.com/gop-rep-cawthorn ... 28786.html

Rep. Madison Cawthorn, R-N.C., called Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky a "thug" at a campaign event over the weekend.

"Remember that Zelensky is a thug," Cawthorn said in a video obtained by WRAL. "Remember that the Ukrainian government is incredibly corrupt and is incredibly evil and has been pushing woke ideologies."

The 26-year-old Cawthorn’s statement is a deviation from mainstream Republican support of Zelensky and the Ukrainian people as they defend themselves against the Russian invasion, but it echoes comments made at the first impeachment trial of then-President Donald Trump.

[snip][end]

They're a bunch of ultra-woke, hyper-corrupt Nazi thugs ... I guess. :roll:
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:11 pm GOP Rep. Cawthorn calls Zelensky a 'thug,' says Ukraine is pushing 'woke ideologies'

Rep. Madison Cawthorn, R-N.C., called Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky a "thug" at a campaign event over the weekend.

"Remember that Zelensky is a thug," Cawthorn said in a video obtained by WRAL. "Remember that the Ukrainian government is incredibly corrupt and is incredibly evil and has been pushing woke ideologies."

The 26-year-old Cawthorn’s statement is a deviation from mainstream Republican support of Zelensky and the Ukrainian people as they defend themselves against the Russian invasion, but it echoes comments made at the first impeachment trial of then-President Donald Trump.

[snip][end]

Madison and MTG and Tucker and Sean and Marco are my enemy. They want me dead. They want Putin to murder infants and children and Women and men.

They arent the only ones too. And not one syllable of that is an exaggeration.
Oh and I am not special, they want you dead as well. In fact, for reasons we both understand they probably want you dead more.
I sigh in your general direction.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

ProfX wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:11 pm GOP Rep. Cawthorn calls Zelensky a 'thug,' says Ukraine is pushing 'woke ideologies'

[snip][end]

Cawthorn needs to spend more time getting his driver's license back than spending time praising Putin. Cawthorn had his driver's license revoked and this is his third time he's been stopped while driving with a revoked license.
When you vote left, you vote right.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Accused Russian Agent Gave to One Politician: Tulsi Gabbard

Tulsi Gabbard, a former Democratic congresswoman from Hawaii and 2020 presidential dark horse candidate, has long perplexed U.S. officials and observers with her seemingly inexplicable pro-Russian positions. And a new development this week is sure to reinforce the half-jokes that Gabbard is a “Russian asset”; as it turns out, her campaign took money from one.

That agent—dual Russian-American national Elena Branson, also known as Elena Chernykh—stands accused of illegally pushing pro-Russia policies in the United States for nearly a decade, at the direction of top Kremlin officials, without registering under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA), according to a criminal complaint federal prosecutors filed this week in the Southern District of New York.

https://news.yahoo.com/accused-russian- ... 40546.html
gounion

Post by gounion »

Number6 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:03 am Cawthorn needs to spend more time getting his driver's license back than spending time praising Putin. Cawthorn had his driver's license revoked and this is his third time he's been stopped while driving with a revoked license.
According to the GOP, if you don’t have a DL you shouldn’t be able to vote.

But seriously, if a man isn’t responsible enough to keep a DL, why should he be in Congress?
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Just saw CIA director says it is going to get real bad in Ukraine.

That Putin is not deterred AT ALL...NATO must act, but so far :twisted:
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

[from Twitter]
George Takei@GeorgeTakei

When Russia sanctioned Canada, it barred leaders from all major federal parties, including conservative leaders.

But when Russia sanctioned the U.S.. it barred Democratic leaders only. It didn't name a single GOP leader. The signal couldn't be clearer.
[end]

You always were good at noticing the rocky parts of the space course ahead, Captain Sulu.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Number6

Post by Number6 »

What's the difference between Ukrainians and republicans?

The Ukrainians defend their capitol.
Drak

Post by Drak »

More obvious links to Fox and the GOP’s collusion with Russia.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kremlin-t ... lect-trump

Of course, more Hunter Biden garbage involved.
Putin’s invasion of Ukraine pitted Russia against most of the world, leaving Kremlin propagandists yearning for any tidbits of pro-Russian sentiment in the United States. These days, state television draws on a bounty of translated quotes almost exclusively from two Western voices: Tucker Carlson of Fox News and former U.S. President Donald J. Trump. They have a plan to reward them both: Carlson with a highly coveted interview with Russian President Vladimir Putin, and Trump with a freebie PR campaign designed to light his path back to the White House.

Last Thursday, Russia’s Defense Ministry released a colorful diagram, purporting to demonstrate that President Joe Biden’s son Hunter, is secretly bankrolling the Pentagon’s biolabs in Ukraine, allegedly developing biological weapons to target Russia. The allegation was preposterous and was squeamishly avoided by the responsible mainstream media, but Tucker Carlson immediately latched on to it. Talking about the accusation later the same day, Carlson did his best to pre-empt any doubts about his motivation. He said: “What are the outlines of that story? We’re not sure. We know it’s legitimate to ask what it means, why wouldn’t it be? You’re not a Russian agent repeating discredited Putin talking points if you ask. You’re a good citizen.”
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/stat ... 6626011138

Julia Davis @JuliaDavisNews - Verified

Kremlin TV Hopes Russia’s Unhinged Bioweapons Claim Will Help Re-Elect Trump:

State TV pundits are delighted that Russian propaganda about Hunter Biden’s supposed funding of bioweapons in Ukraine has “served up a beneficial deck of cards for Trump.”
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Drak

Post by Drak »

Julia Davis @JuliaDavisNews - verified
15h
Meanwhile on Russian state TV: Another translated clip of Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard, introduced by state TV host Vladimir Soloviev as "Our girlfriend Tulsi."

After the clip plays, one panelist asks: "Is she some sort of a Russian agent?" The host quickly replies: "Yes."

Video at link

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/stat ... 2735584262

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:26 am Julia Davis @JuliaDavisNews - verified
15h
Meanwhile on Russian state TV: Another translated clip of Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard, introduced by state TV host Vladimir Soloviev as "Our girlfriend Tulsi."

After the clip plays, one panelist asks: "Is she some sort of a Russian agent?" The host quickly replies: "Yes."

Video at link

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/stat ... 2735584262
Arrest her for treason.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:31 pm Has there ever been a time or place better for minorities than The United States of America during the times in which we live.
These targeted mass murders mirror the era when you guys did this with impunity.

Like the days of the past, these acts of domestic terrorism are always committed by conservative white males.

Just this week:

Dallas police: Shooting at Koreatown salon not hate crime - viewtopic.php?p=24943&hilit=dallas#p24943

It's a hate crime. The Dallas police are full of crap.

Buffalo mass shooting being investigated as a hate crime - viewtopic.php?p=25130#p25130

It's a hate crime.

Every time you repeat WN garbage like the general public being accepting of so-called racism against whites, you are repeating Tucker Carlson and the white replacement theory he's made popular.

Of course, that ideology in itself is well over 120 years old. Every time you tell us how good we've got it, here, you are repeating the myth of the happy slave on the plantation and three hots and a cot. Keep in mind that this way of thinking was devised at the same time as mass murders of Native Americans and rampant discrimination against Asian Americans and Latinos.

Your ideology and your entire way of life is a hate crime, which tells "minorities" how we're supposed to feel about this country's legendary, mass-murderous white supremacism.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

Glennfs wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:31 pm Has there ever been a time or place better for minorities than The United States of America during the times in which we live.
i think you might be missing the the point.

They may have it better than they ever have, very true.

But when you compare the past history of the "The United States of America" to the present, it's not saying much.

But then, i see your point. They should be happy that they are 4/5ths instead of 3/5ths.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
gounion

Post by gounion »

bradman wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:43 am i think you might be missing the the point.

But when you compare the past history of the "The United States of America" to the present, it's not saying much.

But then, i see your point. They should be happy that they are 4/5ths instead of 3/5ths.
Some things never change. In the south in the 60's, the whites said their black were completely happy with their lot, right up till those damned northerners came down to rile them up.

Glenn's saying the blacks should be overjoyed that the level of personal and structural racism in today's America isn't worse, and they should be happy with their second-class status.

Just like they were happy in the south in the sixties.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Also it depends on what kinds of minorities we are talking about. Just ethnic or racial?

Muslims and Jews are a religious minority.
Trans people are a LGBTQ minority.
Mexican migrants are a immigrant/linguistic/national minority.

I don't think right now is hardly the "best of all times" for these groups. Not with rampant anti-Semitism/Islamophobia, nativism, and transphobia in the country.

Women are technically a minority group, they seem about to lose their reproductive rights.

Right now, Texas seems to be considering taking any parents/families investigating options for their trans children to prison for child abuse. :|
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:43 am i think you might be missing the the point.

Yes. Anything is an improvement.

People should understand, however, that conservative whites do not consider their treatment of others to be discrimination or oppression or genocide or state repression.

They said that all of those barbaric things in fact were civilizing measures.

They still think that about their past.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

During even the very worst of the worst: mandated quotas/severe limits in immigration and entire sectors of employment, mob rule by KKK in government, genocide and forced assimilation as public policy, forced childbearing under enslavement, colonizing wars in the Caribbean and the Philippines, Lavendar Scares, Exclusion Acts, rampant denials of basic civil rights…conservative white conventional wisdom was then exactly how Glennfs talks, today.

There’s no better time and no better country to be a minority, being civilized by God’s Favorites. Discrimination is opportunity. Mistreatment and extreme violence is law and order. Mass murder is pro life.

Dirty, dirty bigots.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

I think this is an appropriate thread for this.

This is what Donald Trump is currently messaging over on his Truth Social Site

carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:32 am I think this is an appropriate thread for this.

Imagine the replies. :?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:32 am I think this is an appropriate thread for this.

Unrest is inevitable with people who do this...
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

George Soros in the lower right hand corner, ...

... didja know this? I did not (but just noticed it now) ...

Remember the MAGAbomber, Cesar Sayoc?

A pipe bomb was placed in the mailbox at Soros's home in Katonah, New York, on October 22, 2018, as part of the October 2018 United States mail bombing attempts. The package was discovered by a caretaker,[140] who removed it and notified authorities. It was photographed and exploded by the FBI, which launched an investigation.[141][142] For several days afterward, similar bombs were mailed to Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and other Democrats and liberals.[143]

On October 26, 2018, Cesar Sayoc was arrested in Aventura, Florida, on suspicion of mailing the bombs.[144] In August 2019, Sayoc was sentenced to 20 years in prison for mailing 16 pipe bombs to 13 victims. None of the devices had exploded maliciously.
[snip][end]

... the next guy might know how to make bombs that go off. :|

(I personally don't think his incompetence meant he should get a lighter sentence).
Drak

Post by Drak »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/house-re ... 04bab1?hgm

Jennifer Bendery @jbendery - Verified

NEW: House Republicans just rolled out their official "Commitment to America” plan for 2023 with an inspirational video chock full of scenes presented as exceptional imagery of America -- but that are actually stock footage from Russia and Ukraine.

Jennifer Bendery @jbendery

“We celebrate the rich heritage of the American story,” says the narrator in the GOP's video as it features a clip of a drilling rig at sunset.

That clip is a stock video of a drilling rig in Russia's Volgograd region.

Here's a side-by-side of the image used in the GOP's video -- a scene apparently aimed at celebrating America's natural resources -- and the original stock footage filmed in Russia.

But wait, there's more!

Here's a side-by-side of a boy featured in the GOP's video -- with the words "liberty and the pursuit of happiness" on the screen, a nod to America's Declaration of Independence -- and the original stock footage, filmed in Russia's Volgograd region.

How do I know these clips used in the GOP's kickoff video for its "Commitment to America" agenda were filmed in Russia's Volgograd region?

I found the Russia-based artist who filmed them and asked him! I still can't believe I found him.

Jennifer Bendery @jbender

There's still more, guys.

The GOP's video, at one point, shows a woman walking in a grocery store as the narrator talks about the "crippling inflation" in America caused by Democrats.

Except the footage is from a European grocery store.

If you look closely on the bottom left, you can see a tag hanging on one of the shelves that says “AKCIA,” a Slovak word that means “action.”

Informally, “AKCIA” is used to designate sales in Slovakian stores.

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1573394446351478785

The GOP is Russia owned.

Drak

Post by Drak »

Liz Cheney @Liz_Cheney

Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch - Why do you continually put Douglas MacGregor on
@FoxNews to spread Putin’s propaganda and lies? This is absolutely not in America’s interest.

https://twitter.com/Liz_Cheney/status/1 ... 3101345793

Dave Brown @dave_brown24 - Verified

Trump ad asks people to support the troops. But it uses a picture of Russian jets https://politi.co/3c5vPCb via
@politico

https://twitter.com/dave_brown24/status ... 2131884032

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/1 ... ets-414883