Talk about it here.

Moderators: plunderer, Bernie the union guy

ProfessorX
Board Emeritus

OANN lawsuit against Maddow tossed

Post by ProfessorX »

One America News Network’s defamation suit vs. Rachel Maddow tossed
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nation ... story.html

Rachel Maddow has dunked on One America News Network yet again — this time in a courtroom.

A judge ruled on Friday that the host of the MSNBC program “The Rachel Maddow Show” did not malign the ultraconservative political network when she called it “Russian propaganda" and dismissed OAN’s $10 million defamation lawsuit, reported Variety.

[snip][end]
-- Tis an ill wind that blows no minds.
Malaclypse the Younger

Sam Lefthand
Board Emeritus

Re: OANN lawsuit against Maddow tossed

Post by Sam Lefthand »

I'm sure I posted in this thread yesterday. :|

When a lawsuit gets tossed under SLAPP special rules It means the case was seen to be an act of harassment by the plaintiff upon the defendant, not a case with merit.

Doremus Jessup
Political Junkie

Post by Doremus Jessup »

Expect an appeal.

Sam Lefthand
Board Emeritus

Post by Sam Lefthand »

Doremus Jessup wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:16 pm
Expect an appeal.
I expect one. There's a topic split on the board. I mistakenly thought one of my posts had disappeared, then I discovered there had been a topic split, my missing post was on the other side of the split in a thread on the same topic with a similar title.

That post applies to expecting an appeal. This is where that post is as well as an additional reply on the expecting an appeal subject further down: viewtopic.php?p=476977#p476977

Libertas
Board Emeritus

Post by Libertas »

ProfessorX wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:50 am
One America News Network’s defamation suit vs. Rachel Maddow tossed
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nation ... story.html

Rachel Maddow has dunked on One America News Network yet again — this time in a courtroom.

A judge ruled on Friday that the host of the MSNBC program “The Rachel Maddow Show” did not malign the ultraconservative political network when she called it “Russian propaganda" and dismissed OAN’s $10 million defamation lawsuit, reported Variety.

[snip][end]
These pro russia fascist killers, these want all dems dead assholes. never learn...problem is Moscow Mitch is packing the courts with people with the title "judge" but who are in fact traitors, liars, and they know nothing of the law and constitution and dont want to know...

When are we gonna deal with that? We clearly have to increase the size of the SC for instance, do people understand that and why? Judges who LIED to get on the court, RAPED and so on...wow, amazing.
Excuse me while I use a BROAD BRUSH to say anyone who spends one minute defending anything rump is just as guilty as he is of all his crimes