Fires and Violence In Minneapolis In The Aftermath of George Floyd Murder.

What's up today?

Moderators: plunderer, Bernie the union guy

bradman
Policy Wonk

Re: Fires and Violence In Minneapolis In The Aftermath of George Floyd Murder.

Post by bradman »

JoeMemphis wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:25 pm
Well. I said that might be one reason people may be purchasing firearms. I never totally depended on the police to defend my home or family in Memphis. I felt I had an obligation to take on some of that responsibility myself. Police in this community have always been over extended. However police and policing has come under attack in this country and I have no idea what will come of it nor how it will affect my community. No one here is talking about defunding law enforcement. I don’t think it has much support in this community. Most folks here want more police.

But then again. We are all working remotely these days and I might move permanently to quieter and more peaceful settings.
After the fourth shooting ........They are now starting to remove CHOP barriers.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. - Will Rogers

JoeMemphis
Board Emeritus

Post by JoeMemphis »

carmenjonze wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:36 pm
Yes this is why I asked you to be more specific regarding what people you're talking about, since your personal community is not the only community in the Memphis area.

Police and policing has not come under attack, destructive policing that results in disproportionate killings, murders, and exploitation of primarily Black and Latino populations is rightly getting pushback for abuses.

Like all supremacists, the getting pushback and demands for change by the people who pay their salaries is perceived as an attack. Happens, when one has been told their entire life that they're entitled to smack around anyone they please without accountability or consequence.

In this current environment, the mentality applies to institutions and structures set up that way.

People who are essential workers are not working remotely. So it's impossible that everyone is working remotely.
I don’t really know to whom you are referring to as being a supremacist. I personally don’t know anyone who was told they had a right to smack anyone around. There are lots of folks here of all races and income levels who think we need more police. Been that way for years. Been a problem in this community for years. So if it becomes more difficult to recruit people to that profession, that would not be a good thing for the Memphis community as a whole. It makes the current problem worse.

JoeMemphis
Board Emeritus

Post by JoeMemphis »

carmenjonze wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:36 pm
Yes this is why I asked you to be more specific regarding what people you're talking about, since your personal community is not the only community in the Memphis area.

Police and policing has not come under attack, destructive policing that results in disproportionate killings, murders, and exploitation of primarily Black and Latino populations is rightly getting pushback for abuses.

Like all supremacists, getting pushback and demands for change by the people who pay their salaries is perceived as an attack. Happens, when one has been told their entire life that they're entitled to smack around anyone they please without accountability or consequence. This is a common problem of conservative authoritarians, dependent on police to prop up their lifestyle that values things over people.

In this current environment, the mentality applies to institutions and structures set up that way.

People who are essential workers are not working remotely. So it's impossible that everyone is working remotely.
Yeah well the definition of just who is or is not essential is kinda sketchy. But fact remains that many jobs that had formerly been performed on site were forced offsite by the pandemic and now folks are looking at the cost savings they can achieve for the business and the employee. So if you can keep your job and move to a safer emvironment with lower taxes, lower cost of living, why not do it?

carmenjonze
Board Emeritus

Post by carmenjonze »

Reminder: the only reason the protest that marched past these stupid conservative white racists' house is because the mayor of St. Louis read off names of protesters much like happens in so-called third world countries.

It's evidently not *just* a rightwing conservative thing to do, as this mayor is a Democrat. So people marched on her residence.

So the circuit attorney, who is of African descent, says she's alarmed and investigating. That's good although if this were a Black couple in an HOA-infested neighborhood, they'd already be behind bars or worse. Or taken up by conservative whites as tokens.

Circuit Attorney
@stlcao
Statement from Circuit Attorney Kimberly M. Gardner in regards to events over weekend:

https://twitter.com/stlcao/status/1277668500027342848
Last edited by carmenjonze on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stop calling the cops on us.

carmenjonze
Board Emeritus

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:44 pm
I don’t really know to whom you are referring to as being a supremacist.
Yes, you do.

It's as plain as day in the post. The sentence reads, "In this current environment, the mentality applies to institutions and structures set up that way."
I personally don’t know anyone who was told they had a right to smack anyone around.
Purely anecdotal remark.

But what we do find, and have found literally for centuries, are departments after cop unions after certain types of cops after departments after cop unions after certain types of cops who believe their organizations have such rights.

The only people who apparently do not believe so are the whistleblowers.

And then, you get the cop-callers.

carmenjonze
Board Emeritus

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:52 pm
Yeah well the definition of just who is or is not essential is kinda sketchy. But fact remains that many jobs that had formerly been performed on site were forced offsite by the pandemic and now folks are looking at the cost savings they can achieve for the business and the employee. So if you can keep your job and move to a safer emvironment with lower taxes, lower cost of living, why not do it?
Since we live in a free country and nobody is stopping anyone else from moving to what they perceive as a safer environment, this is a pointless observation.

What I was pointing out is that no, "we are all" not working remotely these days. Maybe you and your colleagues/peers are, maybe me and my colleagues/peers are.

But that does not constitute "all". This is a typical conservative outlook that sees the people who do certain kind of jobs as expendable. And iroincally enough, "essential workers" does include the cops so many conservatives are emotionally dependent on to protect their precious owned objects from actual persons, by the way.

The whole mentality stems from this country having been based on an econmic system in which actual persons were indeed the owned objects. Conservatives cannot escape their failure to reconcile this history. It crops up in every move they make.

carmenjonze
Board Emeritus

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:42 pm
After the fourth shooting ........They are now starting to remove CHOP barriers.
Portland is in its fourth week of protests. Same for Los Angeles and other locales.

If you wonder why, unaccounted police shootings of the unarmed, killings, murders, and brutality-on-camera cases have remained consistent throughout this period.

JoeMemphis
Board Emeritus

Post by JoeMemphis »

carmenjonze wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:57 pm
Yes, you do.

It's as plain as day in the post. The sentence reads, "In this current environment, the mentality applies to institutions and structures set up that way."

Purely anecdotal remark.

But what we do find, and have found literally for centuries, are departments after cop unions after certain types of cops after departments after cop unions after certain types of cops who believe their organizations have such rights.

The only people who apparently do not believe so are the whistleblowers.

And then, you get the cop-callers.
There are tons of anecdotal posts on a message board. We all have opinions based upon personal experience.

I know several cops as well as other first responders. Have worked in and around them for years. Most are good decent people. They don’t make a lot of money and we expect them to do difficult challenging jobs. I have no doubt that as with any other human endeavor, there are going to be a few that have no business in the uniform. However defunding the entire organization does damage to the many good cops as well as to the few bad cops. As in any employment situation it is sometimes difficult to identify those bad employees. As in any employment situation it is sometimes difficult to identify people who are nearing burnout and need a break. There is no magic bullet in public service that just as there is no magic bullet in private industry. IMO I would be spending more money on upgrading the quality of policing. Not less.

carmenjonze
Board Emeritus

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:44 pm
So if it becomes more difficult to recruit people to that profession, that would not be a good thing for the Memphis community as a whole. It makes the current problem worse.
Which Memphis community as a whole? You should write your local police department and let them know the effects of unchecked police misconduct, murder, killings, and overgrown budgets has on the current problem.

Protesting generations police brutality does not make the current problem worse. The current problem, e.g. police brutality with no end in sight, is what makes the current problem worse.

bradman
Policy Wonk

Post by bradman »

JoeMemphis wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:18 pm
There are tons of anecdotal posts on a message board. We all have opinions based upon personal experience.

I know several cops as well as other first responders. Have worked in and around them for years. Most are good decent people. They don’t make a lot of money and we expect them to do difficult challenging jobs. I have no doubt that as with any other human endeavor, there are going to be a few that have no business in the uniform. However defunding the entire organization does damage to the many good cops as well as to the few bad cops. As in any employment situation it is sometimes difficult to identify those bad employees. As in any employment situation it is sometimes difficult to identify people who are nearing burnout and need a break. There is no magic bullet in public service that just as there is no magic bullet in private industry. IMO I would be spending more money on upgrading the quality of policing. Not less.
Depends, are we spending the money for better military training or, are we spending money for a better peace keeping force?
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. - Will Rogers

JoeMemphis
Board Emeritus

Post by JoeMemphis »

bradman wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:24 pm
Depends, are we spending the money for better military training or, are we spending money for a better peace keeping force?
I see your point. I don’t think these are mutually exclusive goals. To me it is a question of quality. How do we get better candidates that are capable of performing the law enforcement component of the job using only the minimal amount of force required? At the same time we need these same officers to perform their many duties without prejudice. They need to be able to treat everyone equally. That’s the job. They have to ignore and set aside whatever personal bias they may have (and we all have them) and treat everyone the same because that is the job. You have to be able to set aside your personal feelings. I have seen lawyers do this all the time. I don’t know why we can’t recruit and train law enforcement to do the same.

carmenjonze
Board Emeritus

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:18 pm
This is good. You're starting to catch on about why I asked you to be specific about what people you were initially referring to.
I know several cops as well as other first responders. Have worked in and around them for years. Most are good decent people.
Conservative anecdotal myopia and self-centeredness. That there are good or decent cops is not in question, and never has been.

The protests conservatives are clutching their guns about have to do with institutions, organizations, and structures, not a few officers you happen to know or even "most" of these individuals in your opinion.
However defunding the entire organization does damage to the many good cops as well as to the few bad cops.
Please follow the logic of the cliché, and complete the following sentence: A few bad apples spoils ____________.

After generations of police abuses by a supposed few bad apples, after decades of supposed reforms, after every conservative freakout even about said, so-called reforms, it's time for defunding because munny is the only thing conservatives understand, or have any emotional attachment to.

We can tell because of you guys' fixation on the word "defunding," while one of the main problems are the police unions and their exploitative contracts, ironically, the only unions conservatives support.

Defunding of police departments is already happening countrywide, by the way, and has been in this current climate for the past several weeks. So it's time for you guys to move past that issue. If you're wringing your hands about recruitment, then just recalibrate recruitment plans for the current environment.

But then, it's not about recruitment or concerns for individual police officers who are decent people. Never was.

The conservative goal of law enforcement is very simple and the same as it has been since the 1500s: keeping intact as many institutions, organizations, cops unions, and public policy structures that result in disproportionate killings and murders of unarmed Black and Latino peoples.
There is no magic bullet in public service that just as there is no magic bullet in private industry.
This metaphor probably reveals a whole lot more about the conservative mentality about policing and what it's for, than you wish.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bradman
Policy Wonk

Post by bradman »

JoeMemphis wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:33 pm
I see your point. I don’t think these are mutually exclusive goals. To me it is a question of quality. How do we get better candidates that are capable of performing the law enforcement component of the job using only the minimal amount of force required? At the same time we need these same officers to perform their many duties without prejudice. They need to be able to treat everyone equally. That’s the job. They have to ignore and set aside whatever personal bias they may have (and we all have them) and treat everyone the same because that is the job. You have to be able to set aside your personal feelings. I have seen lawyers do this all the time. I don’t know why we can’t recruit and train law enforcement to do the same.
Sounds like a game plan.

The main problem seems to be this....
They have to ignore and set aside whatever personal bias they may have (and we all have them) and treat everyone the same because that is the job
i agree. That will cost money.

JoeMemphis
Board Emeritus

Post by JoeMemphis »

carmenjonze wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:20 pm
Which Memphis community as a whole? You should write your local police department and let them know the effects of unchecked police misconduct, murder, killings, and overgrown budgets has on the current problem.

Protesting generations police brutality does not make the current problem worse. The current problem, e.g. police brutality with no end in sight, is what makes the current problem worse.
I think we deal with police misconduct as we would any other employee misconduct or any other crime depending on the case. I would not judge every officer by the conduct of a few. In this community, the last few police
Commissioners have been minorities. The city mayor for the last 3 decades have been democrats and except for the last 4 to 6 years, has been minority. A large portion of the law enforcement community has been minority. As soon as we get folks trained they are often recruited by other police agencies in other cities. I doubt defunding is going to improve things at all. It will only make the problem worse for everyone; black brown and white.

So if you have ideas that have not been tried in Memphis then I am glad to hear them. Maybe you can put them down in writing to MPD yourself.

JoeMemphis
Board Emeritus

Post by JoeMemphis »

bradman wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:41 pm
Sounds like a game plan.

The main problem seems to be this....

i agree. That will cost money.
When you look at the costs to communities of all this chaos, it is worth it. Besides a safer community is good for everyone.

carmenjonze
Board Emeritus

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:33 pm
They need to be able to treat everyone equally. That’s the job.
Treating everyone equally is not the job. Perhaps in the abstract, it is supposed to be the job.

They have to ignore and set aside whatever personal bias they may have (and we all have them) and treat everyone the same because that is the job. You have to be able to set aside your personal feelings. I have seen lawyers do this all the time.
You are focused on the wrong "they".

This is not a problem about individuals, it is a problem that scares the pants off of conservatives: the longstanding institutions, political structures, organizations, laws, and public polices that have forced these conditions on the people conservatives have always seeked to violently suppress.

Any analysis that reduces "the job" to individuals is intent on making sure that none of these institutions, public policies, etc., remain intact as ever.
I don’t know why we can’t recruit and train law enforcement to do the same.
Because setting aside personal feelings and treating everyone the same is not the job of law enforcement. If it was, the country would not be in this political environment.

These nationwide and really worldwide protests are intent on forcing it to be the job of law enforecment as a set of institutions, not as a bunch of individual good or bad apples. And that idea makes conservatives want to point their sacred killing objects at everyone who passes them on the sidewalk, while moving to the hills.

bradman
Policy Wonk

Post by bradman »

JoeMemphis wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:45 pm
When you look at the costs to communities of all this chaos, it is worth it. Besides a safer community is good for everyone.
So, we are in agreement.

My next question would be........How should we deal with a simple traffic ticket that can so entrench some in the judicial system to the point it's over whelming. After all, it's come to a point where cities rely on that income to sometimes function. The police are receiving orders to perpetuate that system. Doesn't seem like a good idea.

JoeMemphis
Board Emeritus

Post by JoeMemphis »

carmenjonze wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:51 pm
Treating everyone equally is not the job. Perhaps in the abstract, it is supposed to be the job.

You are focused on the wrong "they".

This is not a problem about individuals, it is a problem that scares the pants off of conservatives: the longstanding institutions, political structures, organizations, laws, and public polices that have forced these conditions on the people conservatives have always seeked to violently suppress.

Any analysis that reduces "the job" to individuals is intent on making sure that none of these institutions, public policies, etc., remain intact as ever.

Because setting aside personal feelings and treating everyone the same is not the job of law enforcement. If it was, the country would not be in this political environment.

These nationwide and really worldwide protests are intent on forcing it to be the job of law enforecment as a set of institutions, not as a bunch of individual good or bad apples. And that idea makes conservatives want to point their sacred killing objects at everyone who passes them on the sidewalk, while moving to the hills.
Institutions are groups of people. People. Not machines. People. You can make all sorts of policy but changing the culture of an organization is about changing people, influencing people. If you don’t change people you aren’t going to change the culture.

Look at prohibition, the war on drugs, immigration, gun control. Big changes require people to buy in. Otherwise they ignore all your policy changes and do what they want.

I think the country is ready for change. How much change remains to be seen.

carmenjonze
Board Emeritus

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:44 pm
I think we deal with police misconduct as we would any other employee misconduct or any other crime depending on the case.
'Cept "any other employee" does not carry a badge, a gun, as provided to them paid for by the taxes of the same people they're suppressing.
I would not judge every officer by the conduct of a few. In this community, the last few police Commissioners have been minorities. The city mayor for the last 3 decades have been democrats and except for the last 4 to 6 years, has been minority. A large portion of the law enforcement community has been minority. As soon as we get folks trained they are often recruited by other police agencies in other cities. I doubt defunding is going to improve things at all. It will only make the problem worse for everyone; black brown and white.
And the mayor of St. Louis, who is a Democrat, just read off the names and addresses of cop-defunding protesters, what's your point.

Clarence Thomas, Candace Owens, and Alex Azar are "minorities," what's your point.

Conservatives are so easliy confused about this sort of thing because you're overfocused as many liberals are on individuals and tokenism of nonwhites in certain positions. Consequently, a lot of you guys thus go to bed at night thinking "training," whatever that means to you, is the solution, because you're not willing to think the problem through.

I get it: thinking the problem through means you have to broaden your outlook beyond bad apples and other stupid individualist metaphors to how institutions, organizations, public policies, and structures work together. Doing so directly implicates the conservative lifestyle that is dependent on these functions for everything you have. And let's be clear: the entire conservative identity is based in what conservative indivicuals can boast to others about owning.

These solutions of so-called training and the kinds of law enforcement reforms of the past generation are what have landed us in the very boat we are now in. If you're worried about why the word "defunding" has entered mainstream news, this is why.
So if you have ideas that have not been tried in Memphis then I am glad to hear them.
I think you are lying about that.
Maybe you can put them down in writing to MPD yourself.
:lol: what would I do that for, as I'm not in the business of making excuses for MPD -- or any PD -- based on simpleton ideas about individual cops.

Hey, I get that conservatives have grown accustomed for the past several centuries to pawning off your own work upon others. But making your own police department accountable to the taxes you pay them is your job, no one else's, and is only a first step.

I've got enough to worry about regarding my own city's PD, if you've been following this thread. I don't want to walk out of my apartment this evening and have some Airbnb karen call the cops on me since she's only been around for a couple weeks and doesn't know I've lived in this neighborhood for 2x years. That's the last hole in the head I need. So I'm never going to do your personal work for you, for any reason.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoeMemphis
Board Emeritus

Post by JoeMemphis »

carmenjonze wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:07 pm
'Cept "any other employee" does not carry a badge, a gun, as provided to them paid for by the taxes of the same people they're suppressing.

And the mayor of St. Louis, who is a Democrat, just read off the names and addresses of cop-defunding protesters, what's your point.

Clarence Thomas, Candace Owens, and Alex Azar are "minorities," what's your point.

Conservatives are so easliy confused about this sort of thing because you're overfocused as many liberals are on individuals and tokenism of nonwhites in certain positions. You guys thus end up think "training," whatever that is, is the solution, because you're not willing to think the problem through.

I get it: doing so means you have to broaden your outlook to how institutions, organizations, public policies, and structures work together. Doing so directly implicates the conservative lifestyle that is dependent on these functions for everything you have. And let's be clear: the entire conservative identity is based in what conservative indivicuals can boast to others about owning.

These solutions of so-called training and the kinds of law enforcement reforms of the past generation have landed us in the boat we are now in. If you're worried about why the word "defunding" has entered mainstream news, this is why.

I think you are lying about that.

:lol: what would I do that for, as I'm not in the business of making excuses for good apple MPD officers, as you are.

Hey, I get that conservatives have grown accustomed for the past several centuries to pawning off your own work for others to do. But making your own police department to the taxes you pay them is your job, no one else's, and only a first step.

I've got enough to worry about regarding my own city's PD. I don't want to walk out of my apartment this evening and have some Airbnb karen call the cops on me since she's only been around for a couple weeks and doesn't know I've lived in this neighborhood for 2x years. That's the last hole in the head I need. :problem:
Well okay then. I will worry about what happens in my city and you can busy yourself worrying about what is happening in your community. Since we don’t live in the same community, I got no problem with that. Try whatever solutions you want in your community. I wish you luck.

carmenjonze
Board Emeritus

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:13 pm
Well okay then. I will worry about what happens in my city and you can busy yourself worrying about what is happening in your community. Since we don’t live in the same community, I got no problem with that. Try whatever solutions you want in your community. I wish you luck.
Well thanks for the good luck wish, but let's recall that unlike you, I've never been a beneficiary of the kinds of Jim Crow/segregation public policies that these policing practices we see across the nation today, produced.

And so also unlike you, getting the cops called on us randomly by karen and ken guns-and-ammo-worshipping conservatives are things Black and Latino people have to think about before leaving our abodes, based solely on looks.

It's not unique to us. Our parents did, our grandparents did, our great grandparents did, our great-great grandparents did. And then you get into the slavery era.

Karen and ken are just doing what their own parents, grandparents, great grandparents and great-great grandparents did. That is, if their relatives have even been in this country this long.

So perhaps after two full generations of protesting nationwide modern police brutality, it's starting to catch on with some of you, though evidently not others: getting the cops randonly called on you can land you in the morgue.

(It's why karens and kens do it.)

Your attitudes are an excellent display of why these calls for a complete overhaul of the police are happening in your city, in my city, nationwide, and across the world.

Those atittudes have a very, very consistent continuity. Not just in your city but in mine as well. Those attitudes are the reason this country is at the point it is, after a generation of so-called reform.

carmenjonze
Board Emeritus

Post by carmenjonze »

Despite the self-deceiving perceptions conservative whites & fellow travelers have about their superior intellects, we see them year after year after decade after decade peddling the same failed solutions to the police brutality problems their ideologies and institutions created.

Then they wonder why young people have been out in the streets for the past month. :problem:

carmenjonze
Board Emeritus

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:05 pm
Institutions are groups of people. People. Not machines. People.
No one, not anyone on earth, is talking about "machines".

Institutions are more than simply groups of people. Which people, or instance. Conservatives never wish to answer this.

The conservative overepmhasis is only on "people," knowing full well that it's the decades and generations of institutions, laws, policies, and structures they set up that are the root of the problem.
You can make all sorts of policy but changing the culture of an organization is about changing people, influencing people. If you don’t change people you aren’t going to change the culture.
You already know this to be a lie.
Look at prohibition, the war on drugs, immigration, gun control. Big changes require people to buy in. Otherwise they ignore all your policy changes and do what they want.
:lol: but why stop with these?

You left out: military desegregation, decriminalizing integrated interstate travel, decriminalizing homosexuality, decriminalizing contraception, the end of Don't Ask Don't Tell, allowing women in the Citadel, ending school desegregation, the end of formal, official housing and home loan discrimination; the end of discrimination in transportation....none of these things depended on "people" to buy in.

'Cause that, of course, depends on which "people" you're talking about. But we've been over this already.

Conservatives are still clinging to the self-absorbed idea that we need your buy-in for anything, or must wait until you're personally comfortable with societal or public policy/legal change.

Had anyone waited on that starting in like some time in 1620, we'd still be waiting.
I think the country is ready for change. How much change remains to be seen.
Yeah that's what they always say. Yet, five years ago Bree Newsome was arrested for taking down the Confederate flag.

(In case you forgot, this is the same flag waved by conservative whites at presidential rallies, now.)

Only thing for cons to remember is, defunding of the cops is already happening, whether or not you understand it, whether or not you like it.

Larger picture: like rights movements of the past, current rights movements aren't waiting on conservatives' or MLK white moderates' comfort levels or validation. They in fact, never have, because we're not afraid of conservative whites and their legendary guns. That can be their individual guns or their state-sponsored guns.

This has put conservatives at a deep disadvantage that they never understood throughout the 20th century, and are just now starting to wise up on in the 2nd decade of the 21st. You guys are the ones who are going to need the luck.

carmenjonze
Board Emeritus

Post by carmenjonze »

Bye, Leo.

Belgium takes down statue, king expresses regret for colonial violence - PBS
Belgium confronted its colonial past and looked toward reconciliation Tuesday, with the king expressing regret for the violence carried out by the country when it ruled over what is now Congo. Later in the day, the bust of a former monarch held responsible for the death of millions of Africans was taken off public display.
Conservative whites are so lacking in political will or even basic reason, the idea of doing the same thing here is an exitential threat.

carmenjonze
Board Emeritus

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:02 pm
So, we are in agreement.

My next question would be........How should we deal with a simple traffic ticket that can so entrench some in the judicial system to the point it's over whelming. After all, it's come to a point where cities rely on that income to sometimes function. The police are receiving orders to perpetuate that system. Doesn't seem like a good idea.
You guys are acting like this has not already been thought through.

Reminder: the issue here is on police killings, abuse, murder, and brutality against overwhelimginly Black and Latino people.

It so often appears like some of you would rather address ANY topic than that one.