Moderators: plunderer, Bernie the union guy

Libertas
Board Emeritus

WI can deny voting...so says 3 GOP fuck judges

Post by Libertas »

Appeals court reverses Wisconsin voting restrictions rulings
Source: AP

By TODD RICHMOND

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A federal appeals court panel upheld a host of Republican-authored voting restrictions in Wisconsin on Monday, handing conservatives a significant win in a pair of lawsuits just months before residents in the battleground state cast their ballots for president.

The three-judge panel —all Republican appointees— found that the state can restrict early voting hours and restored a requirement that people must live in a district for 28 days, not 10, before they can vote. The panel also said emailing and faxing absentee ballots is unconstitutional.

The state’s photo ID requirement for voters wasn’t in question, although the panel did find that expired student IDs are acceptable at the polls and kept intact an option that allows people to vote without an ID if they show an affidavit saying they tried to obtain one.

Judge Frank Easterbrook, who wrote the opinion, noted that the restrictions don’t burden people in the state, where voters still enjoy more ways to register, long poll hours on Election Day and absentee voting options than in other states.

Read more: https://apnews.com/4655cd4a463ab99f39ab3b1ce4fd96aa
When i see these fascists getting more power, denying voting, attacking minorities, and knowing they are KILLING ME with a virus that they PURPOSELY are allowing to run rampant, I get angry of course, but because people did not heed the warning, there is nothing I can do, they want to kill me, they will kill me...and you if you are susceptible to dying from this instead of just suffering terribly.

ZoWie
Board Emeritus

Re: WI can deny voting...so says 3 GOP fuck judges

Post by ZoWie »

The fascists didn't do it on purpose, since that would be bad for business, and therefore threaten their corporate state. The fascists did make it worse, by turning masks and other sensible precautions into political issues. Thing is... the evidence is that it's not just MAGAts who are the problem. It's some of every group. People just got really really stupid. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Now the system is collapsing. The mayor of LA brags that there are enough tests for everyone in the city, but people who call can't get appointments. We have to do better than this.

Libertas
Board Emeritus

Post by Libertas »

ZoWie wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:28 pm
The fascists didn't do it on purpose, since that would be bad for business, and therefore threaten their corporate state. The fascists did make it worse, by turning masks and other sensible precautions into political issues. Thing is... the evidence is that it's not just MAGAts who are the problem. It's some of every group. People just got really really stupid. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

LA Times had a big long story on this. Everyone they quoted said the problem started on Memorial Day. The consensus is that, for various reasons, a large share of the public simply put coronavirus behind them.
Listening to Joe on FB, our next prez, and one of the responses was, and I am not kidding
"Trump is the most transparent and hard working president we have ever had"
Joe just said if rump purposely did not protect our soldiers then he shouldnt be president, gotta be honest Joe, I want more, he should be indicted for treason of course.

As to that quote of the rump supporter...what that person is saying is "water is not wet"...

ZoWie
Board Emeritus

Post by ZoWie »

He's transparent all right. He violates the emoluments clause right out in the open.

There will always be people who will think 2+2=5 because the government says so. They don't get intimidated by little things like facts.