Free Tim Kaine

News and events of the day
ProfX

Free Tim Kaine

Post by ProfX »

... he was stuck in that winter storm on I-95 for 20 hours.

Virginia senator recounts being stuck on I-95 for more than 20 hours after winter storm
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/04/politics ... index.html

Sen. Tim Kaine on Tuesday recounted his hours-long journey on a Washington-area highway after a winter storm crippled the region and left hundreds, including the Virginia Democrat, stranded for hours on roads.

"At some point it switched from a miserable travel day into kind of a survival mode day for me. And, you know, the roads are incredibly slick, and my car is sliding around, and I don't have food or drink in my car, so I was more focused on, 'OK, how do I safely get out of this mess,' " Kaine told CNN's Alisyn Camerota by phone of his 27 hours stuck in traffic on Interstate 95.

[snip]

Since Monday, hundreds of vehicles have been stuck on portions of a 50-mile stretch of I-95 in the Fredericksburg area in Northern Virginia, between Richmond and Washington, partly because of disabled trucks blocking the way in snowy and icy conditions, VDOT said.

[snip][end]

P.S. by focusing on a politician stuck in this storm, please note it doesn't mean everyone else stuck in it doesn't also deserve my/our sympathy.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D