The Crazy Q-Anon Crap Thread.

News and events of the day
gounion

Re: The Crazy Q-Anon Crap Thread.

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:11 pm Nobody calls it "the Ukraine" anymore.
They don't? :o :? :shock:

Why the hell didn't I get the memo?
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:13 pm They don't? :o :? :shock:

Why the hell didn't I get the memo?
In case you're just joking, TMK it was dropped after independence from the Soviet Union.

Looked it up and turns out I was right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_of_U ... te_article
Ukraine is one of a few English country names traditionally used with the definite article the.[1] Use of the article was standard before Ukrainian independence, but has decreased since the 1990s.[2][3][30] For example, the Associated Press dropped the article "the" on 3 December 1991.[3] Use of the definite article was criticised as suggesting a non-sovereign territory, much like "the Lebanon" referred to the region before its independence, or as one might refer to "the Midwest", a region of the United States.[31][32][33]

In 1993, the Ukrainian government explicitly requested that, in linguistic agreement with countries and not regions,[34] the Russian preposition в be used instead of на,[35] and in 2012, the Ukrainian embassy in London further stated that it is politically and grammatically incorrect to use a definite article with Ukraine.[1] Use of Ukraine without the definite article has since become commonplace in journalism and diplomacy (examples are the style guides of The Guardian[36] and The Times[37]).
They should also probably include "The Gambia" in here, but still.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:16 pm In case you're just joking, TMK it was dropped after independence from the Soviet Union.

Looked it up and turns out I was right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_of_U ... te_article

They should also probably include "The Gambia" in here, but still.
Nope, wasn't joking. I've been using "The Ukraine".

But that makes sense.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

BTW, besides the millions of children who will go hungry this year, each year around 8000 children in the U.S. will die from gun violence.

The really sad fact: the gun fired that kills them is most likely one in or from their own home.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:42 pm No. I was involved in politics, and walked the picket lines when I was a kid.

What today's conservatives are doing isn't including children in politics, it's indoctrinating children to HATE. But then history repeats, doesn't it?

This image is very apropos to this thread.

White conservatives are prone to whackodoodle conspiracy theories because it is baked into their confederate culture.

The left and especially the far left also has a CT problem, and CTs are exactly where the horseshoe crossover too often comes together.

We saw it with 9/11 trooth, we see it with their shared antisemitic conspiracy theories, we see it with the shared antivaxx CTs and ideologically in authoritarian tankie-ism.

But when it comes to QAnon, I think there are many reasons why it took off like wildfire, specific to the right. For one, conservative Evangelicalism is equally prone to the supremacist canard that they are graced with special gifts from God that allow them to see what others don't. (The Pentecostals and Charismatics actually refer to these as "gifts of the Spirit." They think it empowers them to enact conservative Christianity in things like politics.)

So it's no wonder that QAnon has ripped through conservative Evangelicalism over the past 3 years.

Conservative Evangelicalism is also shot through with white superiority and white supremacism. Same for white Christian Fundamentalism.

White conservative Evangelicalism and Fundamentalism make up the overwhelming bulk of both segregationist policies and QAnon believers.

For two, the far right of the 1930s to the present, and the type of commiebaiting Glennfs continues to do around here on a weekly basis. viewtopic.php?p=20960#p20960

All of these people are homophobic and transphobic to the core, which is why it's their organizations that are behind every anti-LGBTQ law there is, and why proper binary masculinity and femininity must be enforced by the government and vigilante violence.

From 2008:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:34 pm It is always wrong to include children in politics. Regardless who is doing it.
Isnt' it, though.

You call this groomer "a good family man," as he destroys families using the law.

Nice going.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:13 pm Look if your were under 14 and taking part in political protests I find that to be sad.
Huh. Think so? Okay.

Take a look at your ideal president, as he signs predatory law after predatory law.

This poor little girl. :(

Their parents need to be sued for all the therapy they're going to need in another 10 years.

How come so many conservative "family men" are perverts and groomers?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

So, it's quite clear. Children are innocent and to be protected from the world, even that cruel world that means many of them will be gunned down in their schools (I"m thinking of the Parkland kids, yes, many of whom are adults now, but not when they started). They should not be taken to protests, let alone have protests of their own (like HS kids walking out of school in protest).

No, they are only to be used as political props for governors like deStupid, posed in photo ops, being asked to hold signs "STOP WOKE" or "NO CRT" because, well, they were told to by a teacher or other authority figure to pose for the photo with the Guv & that sign, they don't really know or really care what's on it.

"Hey Sally. What is CRT? Why are you holding a 'No CRT' sign." "Well, Principal Jones said we would get extra recess time if we stand here and hold this sign. I don't even know what CRT is." :roll:
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:10 pm So, it's quite clear. Children are innocent and to be protected from the world, even that cruel world that means many of them will be gunned down in their schools (I"m thinking of the Parkland kids, yes, many of whom are adults now, but not when they started). They should not be taken to protests, let alone have protests of their own (like HS kids walking out of school in protest).

No, they are only to be used as political props for governors like deStupid, posed in photo ops, being asked to hold signs "STOP WOKE" or "NO CRT" because, well, they were told to by a teacher or other authority figure to pose for the photo with the Guv & that sign, they don't really know or really care what's on it.

"Hey Sally. What is CRT? Why are you holding a 'No CRT' sign." "Well, Principal Jones said we would get extra recess time if we stand here and hold this sign. I don't even know what CRT is." :roll:
CRT is making me hate the white kid in the chair next to me! and Mickey Mouse is making me wanna wear pants instead of dresses!

Governor DeSantis save us from sjw pc woke!

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Predators in training.

They're probably all Republicans, now.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

Orval Faubus, what a Racist Ass Hole!!!

Central High sundered the relationship between my Grand Mother and my Father. Dad supported then Republican President Dwight D. Eisenhower federalizing the Arkansas Guard to protect the Little Rock Nine.

Grand Ma was a proud and loud Daughter of the Confederacy. I loved that woman dearly, but she was an out and out racist.

Orval Faubus, Lester Maddox and George Wallace. What sad and racist legacy for the South.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Inept "People's Convoy" Chased Out of Bay Area By Egg Throwing Kids.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/ ... 122881.php.

The dreams of the “People’s Convoy” quickly died in the Bay Area after a critical tactical error: turning onto a street with a Safeway and a group of bored kids.

The trucker convoy, which aimed to emulate the disruptive Canadian protests against COVID-19 restrictions, has failed spectacularly at every turn. During a few weeks of driving around Washington, D.C., the convoy was held up by a single bicyclist, and some convoy members said they were having difficulty finding places for bathroom breaks and, as a result, were forced to urinate in their pants.

After an anemic showing in Washington, the convoy made the long drive back across the country, landing in the Bay Area this week. Since the convoy began, practically all major COVID restrictions have been lifted in the United States, so it appears it’s switched its messaging to support other conservative causes.

On Friday afternoon, the small convoy of semitrucks, pickup trucks, minivans and other cars drove to Democratic Assemblymember Buffy Wicks’ East Bay home to protest her support of an abortion rights bill. As they honked and used bullhorns in the quiet residential neighborhood, neighbors gathered to heckle them right back, yelling at the truckers to get off their street.

Livestreams posted by convoy participants show police arriving to protect Wicks’ home, which eventually prompted the group to move on. It was here the convoy members made their mistake, driving onto busy, one-lane College Avenue on the Berkeley-Oakland border. There, slowed down by the usual Friday afternoon traffic, they were sitting ducks outside the Safeway. A large group of kids, armed with eggs purchased at the grocery store, began pelting the convoy.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

ProfX wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:31 pm each year around 8000 children in the U.S. will die from gun violence.

The really sad fact: the gun fired that kills them is most likely one in or from their own home.
This is incorrect.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:50 am This is incorrect.
You are deceptive about who you are.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:50 amThis is incorrect.
For a person who a is a known notorious lying sock, who has purported to have read for the law and lied their ass off under each name they have ever used, you have a lot of room to talk Green.
Last edited by marindem01 on Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:50 am This is incorrect.
No, it's not. Please note I said "in or from". I'll qualify to "children under 13".

https://everytownresearch.org/report/th ... and-teens/

For children under age 13 who are victims of gun homicides, 85 percent of those deaths occur in the home, and nearly a third of those deaths are connected to intimate partner or family violence

[snip][end]

Here's a key stat.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9715182/

Guns kept in homes are more likely to be involved in a fatal or nonfatal accidental shooting, criminal assault, or suicide attempt than to be used to injure or kill in self-defense.

[snip][end]

Every year, hundreds of children in the US gain access to firearms and unintentionally shoot themselves or someone else. This is #NotAnAccident.
https://everytownresearch.org/maps/notanaccident/

Also:

Californians living with handgun owners more than twice as likely to die by homicide, study finds
Residents who don’t own a handgun but live with someone who does are significantly more likely to die by homicide compared with those in gun-free homes, research shows.
https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/ ... -risk.html

Finally:

The U.S. stands out among high-income countries: Over 90% of all the firearm deaths among children and adolescents that occur in industrialized nations occur in this country.
https://sph.umich.edu/pursuit/2019posts ... earms.html

Save the children.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

ProfX wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:12 pm No, it's not. Please note I said "in or from". I'll qualify to "children under 13".

https://everytownresearch.org/report/th ... and-teens/

For children under age 13 who are victims of gun homicides, 85 percent of those deaths occur in the home, and nearly a third of those deaths are connected to intimate partner or family violence

[snip][end]

Here's a key stat.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9715182/

Guns kept in homes are more likely to be involved in a fatal or nonfatal accidental shooting, criminal assault, or suicide attempt than to be used to injure or kill in self-defense.

[snip][end]

Every year, hundreds of children in the US gain access to firearms and unintentionally shoot themselves or someone else. This is #NotAnAccident.
https://everytownresearch.org/maps/notanaccident/

Also:

Californians living with handgun owners more than twice as likely to die by homicide, study finds
Residents who don’t own a handgun but live with someone who does are significantly more likely to die by homicide compared with those in gun-free homes, research shows.
https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/ ... -risk.html

Finally:

The U.S. stands out among high-income countries: Over 90% of all the firearm deaths among children and adolescents that occur in industrialized nations occur in this country.
https://sph.umich.edu/pursuit/2019posts ... earms.html

Save the children.
You wrote and I quote,” 8000 children in the U.S. will die from gun violence.” That is incorrect.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Deleted.
Last edited by marindem01 on Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

He's correct. I mis-stated. Only the Pope claims infallibility, and in limited circumstances. :D

8000 children are shot every year by guns.
Only 1839 DIE from gun violence.
(source: Brady campaign)

My apologies.

Should note, of course, many children who don't die will carry permanent gunshot injuries into adulthood.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:43 pm You wrote and I quote,” 8000 children in the U.S. will die from gun violence.” That is incorrect.
Why don’t you ever correct yourself?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:38 pm Why don’t you ever correct yourself?
Because Green is never wrong, kinda like Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost Authority".
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

marindem01 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:26 pm Because Green is never wrong, kinda like Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost Authority".
Hey, that is blasphemy !! Never take the Professor's name in vain like that :lol:

Laughed my ass of to him watching KTVU back in the day...then on weekends it was

Charlie O’Connell, Roller Derby Hall of Famer, dies

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/ ... 120341.php
I sigh in your general direction.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Libertas wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:30 pm Hey, that is blasphemy !! Never take the Professor's name in vain like that :lol:

Laughed my ass of to him watching KTVU back in the day...then on weekends it was

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/ ... 120341.php
Corey was the greatest. I saw him at the Marine's Memorial in S.F. back in the day. He had the audiance in stitches for over 2-hours.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

marindem01 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:38 pm Corey was the greatest. I saw him at the Marine's Memorial in S.F. back in the day. He had the audiance in stitches for over 2-hours.
Never got to see him.

I made up for it seeing George Calin's last HBO special, I was there. And many other things like Bill Cosby "Himself" at Tahoe, but now we dont talk about that. At that show I physically almost had to leave because I laughed so hard I was hurting.

There was some kids show on KTVU 2 in the early to mid sixties that I watched when I was visiting my Grandma, dont recall the name.
I sigh in your general direction.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

They're moving on to the next epidemic, spreading their viruses of the mind ...

Conspiracy theorists flock to bird flu, spreading falsehoods
https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/pol ... alsehoods/

[snip]

“You just want to beat your head against the wall,” Moline said of the Facebook groups in which people insist the flu is fake or, maybe, a bioweapon. “I understand the frustration with how COVID was handled. I understand the lack of trust in the media today. I get it. But this is real."

It's also spawning fantastical claims similar to the ones that arose during the COVID-19 pandemic, underscoring how conspiracy theories often emerge at times of uncertainty, and how the internet and a deepening distrust of science and institutions fuel their spread.

The claims can be found on obscure online message boards and major platforms like Twitter. Some versions claim the flu is fake, a hoax being used to justify reducing the supply of birds in an effort to drive up food prices, either to wreck the global economy or force people into vegetarianism.

[snip]

Other posters insist the flu is real, but that it was genetically engineered as a weapon, possibly intended to touch off a new round of COVID-style lockdowns. A version of the story popular in India posits that 5G cell towers are somehow to blame for the virus. (this crap again? :roll: )

[snip]

While the details may vary, the conspiracy theories about avian flu all speak to a distrust of authority and institutions, and a suspicion that millions of doctors, scientists, veterinarians, journalists and elected officials around the world can no longer be trusted.

“Americans clearly understand that the federal government and major media have lied to them repeatedly, and are completely corrupted by the pharmaceutical companies,” said Dr. Joseph Mercola, an osteopath whose discredited claims about vaccines, masks and the coronavirus made him a prominent source of COVID-19 misinformation. :roll:

[snip]

Polls show trust in many American institutions — including the news media — has fallen in recent years. Trust in science and scientific experts is also down, and along partisan lines.

[snip]

Conspiracy theories are bound to flourish during times of social unrest or unease, according to John Jackson, dean of the Annenberg School of Communication at the University of Pennsylvania.

Before the internet, there were likely just as many people who privately doubted explanations for big events, Jackson said. But they enjoyed limited opportunities to connect with like-minded individuals, few chances to win new converts, and no way to broadcast their views to strangers.

Now, the conspiracy theories that gain wide popularity — such as the QAnon movement or discredited claims about COVID-19 — work because they give believers a sense of control in a rapidly changing, interconnected world, Jackson said. While they can emerge after disasters, assassinations or plane crashes, they can also appear during times of social upheaval or rapid change.

[snip]

Claims that the avian flu is a hoax used to drive up food prices also highlight real-world concerns about inflation and food shortages. Worries that the flu is somehow linked to 5G towers underscore anxieties about technological change. Suggestions that it will be used to mandate vegetarianism, on the other hand, reflect uncertainties about sustainable agriculture, climate change and animal welfare.

By creating explanations, conspiracy theories can offer the believer a sense of power or control, Jackson said. But he said they also defy common sense in their cinematic fantasies about vast, sprawling conspiracies of millions working with clockwork efficiency to undermine human affairs.

“Conspiracy theories rest on the idea that humans have the capacity for keeping secrets,” Jackson said. “But they underestimate the reality that we aren’t very good at keeping them.”

[snip][end]

Well, all you gotta do is take the widespread "Birds Aren't Real" meme jokes, and add one word, and you've got instant memes for these Qcumbers.