The one movie that

TV, Movies, Music and the Rest!
Libertas

The one movie that

Post by Libertas »

Everybody loves, from all walks of life, celebrated tonight at the Oscars, of course I’m talking about The Godfather.

Francis Ford Coppola, Al Pacino and Robert De Niro we’re on stage together.

And it would appear that when Chris made a joke about Will Smith‘s wife Jada and her hair or lack there of, Will Smith walked up to him on stage and punched him or slapped him and then yelled from the audience keep my wife’s name out of your fucking mouth and I guess it was real.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/15 ... 69576?s=21

Uncensored version of what happened
I sigh in your general direction.
ZoWie

Re: The one movie that

Post by ZoWie »

It was real. The best thing at the Oscars is the industry in-jokes, but making fun of someone's wife's real physical affliction was over the line.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Libertas wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:41 pm Everybody loves, from all walks of life, celebrated tonight at the Oscars, of course I’m talking about The Godfather.

Francis Ford Coppola, Al Pacino and Robert De Niro we’re on stage together.
I'm one of those who didn't like The Godfather. I saw it when if first came out and it bored me. I don't remember if I was either expecting too much from the hype for the movie or whether I was in a foul mood but the movie just didn't do anything for me.
And it would appear that when Chris made a joke about Will Smith‘s wife Jada and her hair or lack there of, Will Smith walked up to him on stage and punched him or slapped him and then yelled from the audience keep my wife’s name out of your fucking mouth and I guess it was real.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/15 ... 69576?s=21

Uncensored version of what happened
Chris Rock made a bad joke and he should have realized it before he said it and use some other joke. Will Smith slapping Chris Rock was inexcusable for a person of his stature and he should have ignored it or dealt with it by talking to Chris Rock during a break or after the show but slapping him was wrong.
When you vote left, you vote right.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Comedians often make jokes in poor taste. But the Oscars aren’t really the place for these sorts of roasts. I’m not excusing it. It was obviously pretty hurtful to her.

But you know, if Will Smith hadn’t reacted the way he did, no one would have even remembered what the joke was. The joke was lame.

This is Will’s immediate reaction to the joke. He thought it was funny until he realized it upset Jada.

"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

6 years ago Chris made a joke at the Oscars that Jada was boycotting for Will not getting nominmation for "Concussion" so on stage at the Oscars Chris said "Her boycotting Oscars is like me boycotting Rihanna's panties, I wasnt invited"

So that added to the hair joke set Will off.

Problem is, it was violence and it is wrong and then his son Jaden tweeted "that is how we do it" meaning Chris is not the first person Will slapped.

Will is to blame here. Chris, if he knew she had a medical condition, shame on him.

Then four Will to talk about love in his acceptance speech over and over, does he not know what irony is?
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

If irony were money, people in the entertainment business wouldn't have to work as much, if at all.

I've read all that bragging by Smith's people about how their family often handles its problems in this manner. Fortunately for me, I never have to be around them.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ZoWie wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:45 pm If irony were money, people in the entertainment business wouldn't have to work as much, if at all.

I've read all that bragging by Smith's people about how their family often handles its problems in this manner. Fortunately for me, I never have to be around them.
I tweeted this and now holding out for a writing job with Judd Apatow
comedians being asked to comment on “the slap” could say they were “caught between a Rock and a hard place“
@JElvisWeinstein
J Elvis name is there as I included his name in the tweet along with Andy Kindler, they do a podcast, this is his response
And then promote their Catskills dates.
I then changed it from comedians to celebrities, since Will is not a standup the joke doesnt work as well so I changed it.
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

Drak wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:15 pm Comedians often make jokes in poor taste. But the Oscars aren’t really the place for these sorts of roasts. I’m not excusing it. It was obviously pretty hurtful to her.

But you know, if Will Smith hadn’t reacted the way he did, no one would have even remembered what the joke was. The joke was lame.

This is Will’s immediate reaction to the joke. He thought it was funny until he realized it upset Jada.

the vid clip did not show Will reacting to his wife.

no one showed beyond the clip posted, what he did next. did he look at her and then see her face or...what happened next?
then he was hitting the stage.
somewhere in there is a few seconds of vid no one has seen.
what did she do that sent him up on the stage like that....after seeing him smile as he did.
Who are these..flag-sucking halfwits fleeced fooled by stupid little rich kids They speak for all that is cruel stupid They are racists hate mongers I piss down the throats of these Nazis Im too old to worry whether they like it. Fuck them.
HST.