CW/DC-TV/"Arrowverse"

TV, Movies, Music and the Rest!
ProfX

CW/DC-TV/"Arrowverse"

Post by ProfX »

So, with the new WB-Discovery acquisition/merger the fate of CW's TV "DCverse" was always in question, and now, some shoes have dropped.

Batwoman is toast.
Legends of Tomorrow got the axe. I remember them discussing if their last season finale was going to be a series finale, and ... so it was. (It's too bad because Sarah & Ava were expecting a baby! They also introduced Booster Gold.) Dunno, Legends had been jumping the shark for so long, I'm really shocked it lasted this long. Down to them fighting, in the last season, android versions of themselves.
The rumors on Stargirl and a possible season 3 go back and forth. It is in a post-Crisis different earth/continuity so we'll see.
Superman & Lois is doing well, complete with a new Bizarro storyline. Oh, and Lana is the new Mayor of Smallville.
The Flash ... well, it's unclear. Is it going to get a Season 9? A truncated one? A lot seems up in the air.
Naomi just got off the ground. This is a very new character for DC ... we'll see. (Her origin reminds me a lot of America Chavez.)
Titans just got a Season 4 ... over on HBO MAX.

Also, there are big questions about the DCEU Movieverse. The "Flashpoint" movie was supposed to reboot things, but it's pretty much in limbo with Ezra Miller's arrest. What's going to happen going forward will be ... interesting. For now, the Pattinson Batman seems in a different continuity than the main DCEU one. Whether the Snyderverse Justice League is or isn't a thing continues being ... discussed.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ProfX

Re: CW/DC-TV/"Arrowverse"

Post by ProfX »

Naomi now on the chopping block. Aired one season and done.

I gotta confess the story was interesting. Her backstory reminds me a lot of America Chavez. The problem was the pacing of it was really slow, including the very slow reveal of where she came from (i.e. Earth 29) and what her powers actually are. And when they weren't dealing with those, it reminded me a lot of a lot of typical teen dramas. Ehhh, it's too bad. It had some potential.

I think the days of DC on CW are short-lived, although apparently the network is going to premiere Gotham Knights.

BTW, I finally saw the Robert Pattinson Batman film. Boy, it was dark. And I mean that literally. Seems like 90% of the film was shot at night or in darkness. Now I know Batman is supposed to be nocturnal, but ... it was weird, reminded me a lot of Nolan's treatment, except ... even more gritty realism, far more low tech (the Batmobile is just basically a nitro racer, he uses very few gadgets, no utility belt), the character is even darker in mood and tone (there really is no Bruce Wayne playboy life he hides behind), and the villains are ... diff. Penguin is just a nicknamed mobster, no trick umbrellas; Catwoman just a very ordinary (if hot) cat burglar; Riddler is just a whack serial killer, reminded me more of the Zodiac. No running around in question mark pajamas.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D