Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

News and events of the day
gounion
Posts: 4013
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by gounion »

bradman wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:48 pm Again. why care?

It's good for the conversation.

Think of it this way. Your friend is more of a troll than the other so called conservatives on this board.

One has little or nothing to offer, the others, maybe do.
It's better to have honest conversations, without people making shit up to try to make their point. Doing so falsifies their arguments.
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:23 pm So why'd you leave the board, greengrass? You weren't banned, you just got snotty when you were unmasked and found out, and whined and ran away. So now you come back pretending to be someone else - haven't you figured out by now that you just aren't very good at pretending to be someone else? Or are you really that dense?
Or, just another conservative psycho? My vote is with the latter.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
Toonces
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:52 pm

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by Toonces »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:05 pm You’re a fool if you think woman can compete with solid male athletes after middle school. There’s a reason you don’t see girls playing on the boys teams in high school or college.
It does happen, even on minor league teams and it has happened at a major league level. I can speak mostly for hockey because I'm more familiar with it. Hockey is one of the more physically demanding sports.

Though the reasons as to why it doesn't happen more aren't simply tied to skill or ability.

Still, what is at point here is that trans women are women and should be allowed to compete.
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:05 pm There’s a reason you don’t see girls playing on the boys teams in high school or college.
Yeah, it’s that guys like you can’t stand losing to women or girls, or the team with the chicks and the f#gs on it.
Even Venus and Serena said they couldn’t beat someone ranked in the top 200.
Source, please.
Mother Nature is a bitch.
:roll:

Even your stupid, unoriginal metaphors are misogynist.

But I understand: it’s much more emotionally safe to stay stuck in sports and bathrooms and library books than acknowledge the damage that these anti-trans discrimination laws are doing to trans kids and how they’re witch-hunting trans-friendly families.

As I just told that confederate Glennfs, Texas’ anti-trans family law got struck down on Saturday. The rest of you guys’s related laws are headed for the same dumpster. Go move to England if you want to live in a TERF country.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:52 pmBut I suspect your experience is a bit limited.
:? what experience do you have playing womens or girls sports as a woman or girl?

Which era of made-up life experience did that occur in?
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by carmenjonze »

Toonces wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:33 pm It does happen, even on minor league teams and it has happened at a major league level. I can speak mostly for hockey because I'm more familiar with it. Hockey is one of the more physically demanding sports.

Though the reasons as to why it doesn't happen more aren't simply tied to skill or ability.
Or even phenotype. These clowns around here are conflating all three, based on their binarism and cissexism.

They believe conservative gender propaganda to be fact and truth, very much like they believe their race and sexuality propaganda to be fact and truth.

The two things are related. We can tell because it’s always Black women athletes that freak them TF out, the most. And if not Black women, out lesbian/bi/queer women.

They are completely ill-equipped to think rationally about women like Brittany Griner. Thanks god I’ll never have to be a confused conservative man. :?
Still, what is at point here is that trans women are women and should be allowed to compete.
These guys are lost in the high weeds when it comes to the irrational, illogical treatment of intersex women and competition and so-called Mother Nature. Those are the instances that show up conservative gender ideology to be the scam it is.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
gounion
Posts: 4013
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:30 am Yeah, it’s that guys like you can’t stand losing to women or girls, or the team with the chicks and the f#gs on it.



Source, please.



:roll:

Even your stupid, unoriginal metaphors are misogynist.

But I understand: it’s much more emotionally safe to stay stuck in sports and bathrooms and library books than acknowledge the damage that these anti-trans discrimination laws are doing to trans kids and how they’re witch-hunting trans-friendly families.

As I just told that confederate Glennfs, Texas’ anti-trans family law got struck down on Saturday. The rest of you guys’s related laws are headed for the same dumpster. Go move to England if you want to live in a TERF country.
It's nice to hear one of their laws got struck down. But they'll appeal it, and I'm not very sanguine that the current Supreme Court won't uphold it.
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:18 am It's nice to hear one of their laws got struck down. But they'll appeal it, and I'm not very sanguine that the current Supreme Court won't uphold it.
Then we’ll just have to fight harder and stronger.

Civil rights struggles are for the long game. These supremacists have never gotten that, and they don’t get it , today. It’s part of why they’re so violent and so petty.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
gounion
Posts: 4013
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:37 am Then we’ll just have to fight harder and stronger.

Civil rights struggles are for the long game. These supremacists have never gotten that, and they don’t get it , today. It’s part of why they’re so violent and so petty.
That's why they want to control the Supreme Court. Because with the court, they can do whatever they want.
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:40 pm That's why they want to control the Supreme Court. Because with the court, they can do whatever they want.
That’s their delusion of white-supremacist omnipotence. The goal of their 19th and 20th c. rigged government games and other forms of vicious hegemony was wearing people down on all sides by attrition, and just outright murder.

Didn’t work, and it won’t work this time, either.

Oh, and by the way, they will continue to try it in the next decades, and the next generations with no letup. Their behavior over the past 70 years (at least) attests to it.

All it really means is liberals and the left have a lot of work to do.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
Glennfs
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by Glennfs »

gounion wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:40 pm That's why they want to control the Supreme Court. Because with the court, they can do whatever they want.
Would you say that I is also true of the left. Which explains why we had all the talk about expanding the courts.
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:52 am Would you say that I is also true of the left. Which explains why we had all the talk about expanding the courts.
Hi Mister Whuddubbouttery.

“The left” doesn’t curtail and eliminate the rights of entire groups of people, starting with targeting the country’s most vulnerable populations, to some of the largest, e. g. women. The point of GoUs post is that cons, Republicans, etc., have, and do.

“The left” doesn’t have the history of presidents, legislators, governors, sherrifs, SCOTUS members & other judges, the head of the FBI belonging to the KKK and White Citizens Councils. Your brand of conservatism does.

“The left” doesn’t strap up, don the flags of loser nations, and trash this country’s capitol with intent to overturn a general election and murder the VP and Speaker of the House. Your type of conservatism does, all while screaming “age appropriate” and whidduddoutt the children.

“The left” bears no resemblance to you guys or what you guys have done to everyone else. That’s why I don’t want people like you ever voting Democratic. You guys already stunk up this party, once. Keep that odor *over there,* please.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
Glennfs
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by Glennfs »

carmenjonze wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:02 am Hi Mister Whuddubbouttery.

“The left” doesn’t curtail and eliminate the rights of entire groups of people, starting with targeting the country’s most vulnerable populations, to some of the largest, e. g. women. The point of GoUs post is that cons, Republicans, etc., have, and do.

“The left” doesn’t have the history of presidents, legislators, governors, sheffifs, SCOTUS members and other judges, the head of the FBI belonging to the KKK and White Citizens Councils. Your brand of conservatism does.

“The left” doesn’t strap up, don the flags of loser nations, and trash this country’s capitol with intent to overturn a general election and murder the VP and Speaker of the House. Your type of conservatism does, all while screaming “age appropriate” and whidduddoutt the children.

“The left” bears no resemblance to you guys or what you guys have done to everyone else. That’s why I don’t want people like you ever voting Democratic. You guys already stunk up this party, once. Keep that odor *over there,* please.
So progressives want to stack the courts for noble reasons. While conservatives reasons are nefarious.
Sigh
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:52 am Would you say that I is also true of the left. Which explains why we had all the talk about expanding the courts.
You guys are the groomers, claiming some kid on the sports team is.

Your party is literally legalizing looking up the girls’s skirts in the name of “protecting” the girls. Classic Chester the Child Molester/groomer behavior.

This is the level of voyeuristic perversion your politicians are making into laws, based on your personal, trashy gender ideology.

Florida’s new transgender sports ban permits schools to require genital inspections of children - Independent, 2021

It's not just Ohio: N.J. bill has genital checks to guard against transgender athletes - Politico; this author is way too accommodationist off this behavior

After backlash, GOP leader says ‘genital inspections’ won’t be part of anti-trans athlete bill - Ohio Capital Journal

Aww, that’s sweet. That’s so mighty white of them.

Fact is, none of this is about sports or fairness to girls or protecting “biological females,” since you guys are very actively also trying to strip “biological females” of reproductive rights and physical autonomy.

The point is to do what authoritarian conservatism and especially white conservatism always does: use legal, legislative and policy means to force others into second-class citizenship.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:12 am So progressives want to stack the courts for noble reasons. While conservatives reasons are nefarious.
Sigh
That's not even close to what I said, though you get a silver star for trying to distort it.

Reread, then think.

No other group in this country uses the courts the way conservatives -- especially white conservatives -- have.

Comparing what you guys have done over the course of generations and centuries to "the left" and "progressives" is not only dishonest, it's ahistorical.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
Drak
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by Drak »

Glennfs wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:12 am So progressives want to stack the courts for noble reasons. While conservatives reasons are nefarious.
Sigh
The left wants the court balanced, not “stacked.” More parroting BS. You guys stacked the court with a minority of extremists who do no represent the majority of Americans.

And yes, conservatives ARE nefarious. You want to stop free and fair elections, prevent women from having control over their own bodies, and push anti gay laws. Etc.

Take a seat.
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:34 am The left wants the court balanced, not “stacked.” More parroting BS. You guys stacked the court with a minority of extremists who do no represent the majority of Americans.

And yes, conservatives ARE nefarious. You want to stop free and fair elections, prevent women from having control over their own bodies, and push anti gay laws. Etc.

Take a seat.
Lol he used the $5 word "nefarious" so he wouldn't have to use the $1 word "lethal."
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:11 pm Best solution to the problem that would fair to both sides is to add a category of trans athletes
There are more than two sides.

Ask any intersex athlete.

You should also drop the pretext of fairness, given that the government-forced childbearing you conservative cis men advocate for has nothing at all to do with fairness.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:22 pm So is misogyny, homophobia and racism. Something that is permeating all your arguments on this issue.
gounion wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:21 pm Yeah, the white athletes didn't like black athletes in their locker room, either.

History sure repeats, doesn't it?
The ideology is identical: these guys are the ones who can't compete. It's the reason for their segregationism in the first place, including the locker room, including the public pool, including the military, including every major and petty aspect of public and private life.

They simply have an existential crisis when a woman or girl of any race/ethnicity out-performs them, just like they have the same existential crisis whenever a nonwhite person of any gender out-performs them.

So here they are, in the middle of Pride month, still arguing for anti-trans policies and legal rulings. Their desires for a government-forced two-tiered society do not stop there, either.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
Glennfs
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by Glennfs »

Drak wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:34 am The left wants the court balanced, not “stacked.” More parroting BS. You guys stacked the court with a minority of extremists who do no represent the majority of Americans.

And yes, conservatives ARE nefarious. You want to stop free and fair elections, prevent women from having control over their own bodies, and push anti gay laws. Etc.

Take a seat.
You never have any argument of substance. All of your arguments are exactly the same . Using words like parroting because you have zero substance to make any real argument.
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
User avatar
Toonces
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:52 pm

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by Toonces »

Currently, the court is in the midst of taking away rights. It's not something the left would seem to want to do, outside of sensible gun regulations. They aren't intent on taking away anyone's civil liberties. Abortion is the start of rolling-backed rights that people have gained. There is a clear intent to also take away rights for marriage equality, for example.

Background checks for buying a gun do not rise to the level of revoking the rights of two people to marry.

Most people support the idea of marriage equality, right to abortion, and background checks.
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:11 pm You never have any argument of substance.
Yes, he does.

You on the other hand can't counter the historical fact that white conservatism has used the courts like NO other group in this country: to enrich yourselves and suppress the rights of everyone else. GoU is right that the same people are using the courts to try and do the same thing once again.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
Drak
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by Drak »

Glennfs wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:11 pm You never have any argument of substance. All of your arguments are exactly the same . Using words like parroting because you have zero substance to make any real argument.
False. What I said is true. You are the one who comes to a liberal message board to troll, lie and spread disinformation. You’re the one who constantly parrots RW bullshit, it bears repeating. You refuse to educate yourself and constantly try to bend reality. I don’t care that you don’t like it. I’ll keep calling out your bullshit. So Keep crying. You have NO influence over the people on this board.

And you want to talk about having no substance and the same arguments? Look in the mirror then apply for a job as a projectionist. You repeat the same absurd nonsense over and over, and refuse to read credible information handed to you.
Last edited by Drak on Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by carmenjonze »

Toonces wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:20 pm Currently, the court is in the midst of taking away rights. It's not something the left would seem to want to do, outside of sensible gun regulations. They aren't intent on taking away anyone's civil liberties. Abortion is the start of rolling-backed rights that people have gained. There is a clear intent to also take away rights for marriage equality, for example.

Background checks for buying a gun do not rise to the level of revoking the rights of two people to marry.

Most people support the idea of marriage equality, right to abortion, and background checks.
Their goal is re-establishing the iron fist of white-conservative rule.

Immigrants, all women including cis, trans, and gender-nonconforming women; liberal whites whom they label anteefuh, commies, comrades and niggerlovers; all LGBTQs including the conservative white ones, anyone who isn't a conservative Christian...the latter they call "religious liberty," the "liberty" to make everyone else in their environment into a second-class citizen, again.

We're all fair game to these dirty confederates because we always have been.

These people still think we're in 1952 just because that's the year they're still trapped in. :problem:
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
Drak
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Re: Is this the high-water mark of our freedoms? Must-see.

Post by Drak »

carmenjonze wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:32 pm Yes, he does.

You on the other hand can't counter the historical fact that white conservatism has used the courts like NO other group in this country: to enrich yourselves and suppress the rights of everyone else. GoU is right that the same people are using the courts to try and do the same thing once again.
"You never have any argument of substance" - Glennfs
Is absolutely hilarious coming from him. :lol: :lol:
Post Reply