Mass Shootings/Gun Control Reform Thread

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: Mass Shootings/Gun Control Reform Thread

Post by carmenjonze »

Motor City wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:58 pm America is some children hating people

Ohio Gov. signs law to have teachers carry firearms in classrooms with 24 hours of training

No safe place in a school that a teacher could fire a gun without endangering children other teachers or staff. Then there is what could happen if its wrestled away or misplaced or left lying around.
Make teachers carry killing machines, but oh my goodness there’s a Black kid in the math book!

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Toonces

Post by Toonces »

Libertas wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:37 pm NRA believes ALL of us should have guns, right?
More guns make everyone safer. We can probably agree, this isn't true.

More guns are about freedom. It isn't. The USA is not the 'freest' nation, not even close.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Toonces wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:48 pm More guns make everyone safer. We can probably agree, this isn't true.

More guns are about freedom. It isn't. The USA is not the 'freest' nation, not even close.
You have to watch the video, really. Both funny and informative.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:55 pm Image
Just posted this on FB, but I limit who can see what I post so it wont help.

If I allowed every person who I am friends with to see everything I posted, half of them would come unglued. The ONLY friends I still have there that are trumpers are relatives, so I just dont let them see what I post.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Senate releases text of bipartisan gun control bill

The Senate has released the text of an agreement on gun control legislation, after weeks of bipartisan negotiations. Republican Senator John Cornyn, one of the key Republican negotiators, suggested there could be a procedural vote as soon as Tuesday night.

The deal has the backing of a bipartisan senators, including the 10 Republicans it would need to pass. If it passes both chambers of Congress, the legislation would be the first major gun reform legislation in decades. Top Senate Democrat Dick Durbin said they're aiming to pass the bill this week, and the Senate will stay in town until it's done.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gun-contro ... -released/
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Get ready for more mass shootings killings & toothless thoughts & prayers bullshit from the GOP New York.

Supreme Court Rules Against New York's Gun Permit Law

The Supreme Court ruled against a New York law that restricts who can carry a firearm in public in a 6-3 decision that comes weeks after 19 children and two teachers were fatally shot in an Uvalde, Texas, school.

The court decided whether denying a concealed-carry license for self-defense violated the Second Amendment.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/nationa ... w/2864016/
ap215

Post by ap215 »

FAES: Five Years Violating Human Rights and Counting

On July 14th, the Fuerzas de Acciones Especiales (FAES) of the National Police (PNB) turns five years old. From the beginning, several organizations and institutional representatives have pointed out that this division is responsible for committing serious human rights violations in the country. What’s the balance of their performance? What’s happened to the hundreds of casualties in which it’s been involved?

These are the conclusions drawn by the investigation “Las FAES no dependen de nadie. La muerte como divisa,” which I published a few weeks ago, in an attempt to answer these and other questions linked to the “FAES phenomenon.”

https://www.caracaschronicles.com/2022/ ... -counting/
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Suspected terror-linked shooting in Oslo kills 2, wounds 10

OSLO, Norway (AP) — A gunman opened fire in Oslo’s night-life district early Saturday, killing two people and leaving 10 seriously wounded in what police are investigating as a possible terrorist attack during the Norwegian capital’s annual Pride festival.

Investigators said the suspect, identified as a 42-year-old Norwegian citizen originally from Iran, was arrested after opening fire at three locations in downtown Oslo.

https://thehill.com/homenews/wire/35368 ... wounds-10/
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

Shooting at WeatherTech facility in Chicago suburb leaves 1 dead, 2 injured; suspect arrested
A shooting Saturday morning left one person dead and two others injured at a WeatherTech facility in a Chicago suburb, police said. WeatherTech manufactures and sells auto accessories.

At about 6:30 a.m. Saturday, police responded to reports of a person shot at the location of WeatherTech's factory store in the village of Bolingbrook, a southwest suburb of Chicago that is about 25 miles from the city.

A shooter fled the building following the incident, and police arrested a suspect at around 9:30 a.m. Saturday, the Bolingbrook Police Department said in a statement......
ap215

Post by ap215 »

‘Too much mayo’: Subway customer arrested after shooting 2 employees, killing 1 over sandwich order

ATLANTA — Atlanta police are investigating a shooting that has left one woman dead and another in critical condition at a metro Atlanta Subway store.

The reason for the shooting? Too much mayonnaise on a sandwich, police said.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlant ... GH4IXU2WY/
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ap215 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:35 pm ‘Too much mayo’: Subway customer arrested after shooting 2 employees, killing 1 over sandwich order

ATLANTA — Atlanta police are investigating a shooting that has left one woman dead and another in critical condition at a metro Atlanta Subway store.

The reason for the shooting? Too much mayonnaise on a sandwich, police said.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlant ... GH4IXU2WY/
this is the very reason they wanna keep all their guns