Mass Shootings/Gun Control Reform Thread

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: Mass Shootings/Gun Control Reform Thread

Post by carmenjonze »

Motor City wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:58 pm America is some children hating people

Ohio Gov. signs law to have teachers carry firearms in classrooms with 24 hours of training

No safe place in a school that a teacher could fire a gun without endangering children other teachers or staff. Then there is what could happen if its wrestled away or misplaced or left lying around.
Make teachers carry killing machines, but oh my goodness there’s a Black kid in the math book!

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

I sigh in your general direction.
Toonces

Post by Toonces »

Libertas wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:37 pm NRA believes ALL of us should have guns, right?
More guns make everyone safer. We can probably agree, this isn't true.

More guns are about freedom. It isn't. The USA is not the 'freest' nation, not even close.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Toonces wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:48 pm More guns make everyone safer. We can probably agree, this isn't true.

More guns are about freedom. It isn't. The USA is not the 'freest' nation, not even close.
You have to watch the video, really. Both funny and informative.
Drak

Post by Drak »

"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:55 pm Image
Just posted this on FB, but I limit who can see what I post so it wont help.

If I allowed every person who I am friends with to see everything I posted, half of them would come unglued. The ONLY friends I still have there that are trumpers are relatives, so I just dont let them see what I post.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Senate releases text of bipartisan gun control bill

The Senate has released the text of an agreement on gun control legislation, after weeks of bipartisan negotiations. Republican Senator John Cornyn, one of the key Republican negotiators, suggested there could be a procedural vote as soon as Tuesday night.

The deal has the backing of a bipartisan senators, including the 10 Republicans it would need to pass. If it passes both chambers of Congress, the legislation would be the first major gun reform legislation in decades. Top Senate Democrat Dick Durbin said they're aiming to pass the bill this week, and the Senate will stay in town until it's done.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gun-contro ... -released/
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Get ready for more mass shootings killings & toothless thoughts & prayers bullshit from the GOP New York.

Supreme Court Rules Against New York's Gun Permit Law

The Supreme Court ruled against a New York law that restricts who can carry a firearm in public in a 6-3 decision that comes weeks after 19 children and two teachers were fatally shot in an Uvalde, Texas, school.

The court decided whether denying a concealed-carry license for self-defense violated the Second Amendment.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/nationa ... w/2864016/
ap215

Post by ap215 »

FAES: Five Years Violating Human Rights and Counting

On July 14th, the Fuerzas de Acciones Especiales (FAES) of the National Police (PNB) turns five years old. From the beginning, several organizations and institutional representatives have pointed out that this division is responsible for committing serious human rights violations in the country. What’s the balance of their performance? What’s happened to the hundreds of casualties in which it’s been involved?

These are the conclusions drawn by the investigation “Las FAES no dependen de nadie. La muerte como divisa,” which I published a few weeks ago, in an attempt to answer these and other questions linked to the “FAES phenomenon.”

https://www.caracaschronicles.com/2022/ ... -counting/
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Suspected terror-linked shooting in Oslo kills 2, wounds 10

OSLO, Norway (AP) — A gunman opened fire in Oslo’s night-life district early Saturday, killing two people and leaving 10 seriously wounded in what police are investigating as a possible terrorist attack during the Norwegian capital’s annual Pride festival.

Investigators said the suspect, identified as a 42-year-old Norwegian citizen originally from Iran, was arrested after opening fire at three locations in downtown Oslo.

https://thehill.com/homenews/wire/35368 ... wounds-10/
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

Shooting at WeatherTech facility in Chicago suburb leaves 1 dead, 2 injured; suspect arrested
A shooting Saturday morning left one person dead and two others injured at a WeatherTech facility in a Chicago suburb, police said. WeatherTech manufactures and sells auto accessories.

At about 6:30 a.m. Saturday, police responded to reports of a person shot at the location of WeatherTech's factory store in the village of Bolingbrook, a southwest suburb of Chicago that is about 25 miles from the city.

A shooter fled the building following the incident, and police arrested a suspect at around 9:30 a.m. Saturday, the Bolingbrook Police Department said in a statement......
ap215

Post by ap215 »

‘Too much mayo’: Subway customer arrested after shooting 2 employees, killing 1 over sandwich order

ATLANTA — Atlanta police are investigating a shooting that has left one woman dead and another in critical condition at a metro Atlanta Subway store.

The reason for the shooting? Too much mayonnaise on a sandwich, police said.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlant ... GH4IXU2WY/
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ap215 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:35 pm ‘Too much mayo’: Subway customer arrested after shooting 2 employees, killing 1 over sandwich order

ATLANTA — Atlanta police are investigating a shooting that has left one woman dead and another in critical condition at a metro Atlanta Subway store.

The reason for the shooting? Too much mayonnaise on a sandwich, police said.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlant ... GH4IXU2WY/
this is the very reason they wanna keep all their guns
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Danish police say several killed in Copenhagen mall shooting

COPENHAGEN, July 3 (Reuters) - Several people were killed in a shooting at a shopping centre in Copenhagen on Sunday, Danish police said, adding they had arrested a 22-year-old Danish man and could not rule out it was an "act of terrorism".

"There are several injured, and what we also know now is that there are several dead," Chief Police Inspector Soren Thomassen told journalists, adding police had launched a massive search operation throughout the local Zealand region.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/re ... 022-07-03/
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

2 officers killed, 5 others injured in a shootout in eastern Kentucky: police
...Storz used a rifle to fire multiple rounds at officers around his residence on Main Street in Allen, Kentucky, the citation said.

Kentucky State Police were called to the scene at 6:30 p.m., joining local officers already on the scene.

Floyd County Sheriff John Hunt told local media that the suspect opened fire on deputies who were serving a court-issued warrant Thursday evening related to a domestic violence situation.....
3 Kentucky police officers dead, others wounded after suspect with rifle opens fire
...About three hours later, Lance Storz, 49, was taken into custody, Gayheart said. He was booked into the Pike County Detention Center about 4:30 a.m. and charged with two counts of murdering a police officer, five counts of attempted murder of a police officer, one count of attempted murder and one count of first-degree assault of a service animal, court records show.....
Toonces

Post by Toonces »

With all these shootings I can begin to understand why someone would feel the need to carry a gun.

I'm closest to New York State. Since the gutting of the gun laws, we're even more apprehensive to go than before. Paranoid? probably. Since we are unlikely to see someone walking around with a gun here it, I believe it tends to be a matter of perspective.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

I figured this would happen on this day.

Shooting reported at 4th of July parade in Chicago suburb of Highland Park

A shooting was reported at a Fourth of July parade in the Chicago suburb of Highland Park, Illinois, on Monday, the Lake County Sheriff's Office said.

Highland Park Mayor Nancy Rotering tweeted that Highland Park police are responding to an incident downtown and that "Fourth Fest" is canceled.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-repo ... d=86186529
Toonces

Post by Toonces »

ap215 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:22 pm I figured this would happen on this day.

Shooting reported at 4th of July parade in Chicago suburb of Highland Park

A shooting was reported at a Fourth of July parade in the Chicago suburb of Highland Park, Illinois, on Monday, the Lake County Sheriff's Office said.

Highland Park Mayor Nancy Rotering tweeted that Highland Park police are responding to an incident downtown and that "Fourth Fest" is canceled.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-repo ... d=86186529
This is going to bring out the "typical Chicago" crowd.

Whenever there is debate about shootings, someone will invariably bring up Chicago. I know I can immediately discount what they have to say on it because Chicago and shootings are mere talking points and they clearly don't know anything about the subject. When it comes to gun violence, Chicago isn't even close to the top.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Nothing to do with Chicago or urban crime or any of that. Typical suburb, typical young white male shooter, typical everything. The cops put 60 rounds in a black guy in Akron for running away or something, but whacko white incel kids get to go online and egg each other on with the full protection of the law.

Thoughts and prayers will start any moment now. The Supreme Court will continue to create a wild west show. Business is as usual in the USA.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

6 killed, 24 hurt in Highland Park shooting along parade route; 4th of July events canceled

In the video
WATCH | 'Bodies were blown up by AR-15s': Dr. David Baum describes parade shooting
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

News footage shows a building roof where a large rifle on a tripod was apparently left behind by the shooter. It's huge, and unmistakable even from way down in the street.

What, the police didn't have a chopper doing roof checks? Huh?
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ZoWie wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:05 pm Nothing to do with Chicago or urban crime or any of that. Typical suburb, typical young white male shooter, typical everything. The cops put 60 rounds in a black guy in Akron for running away or something, but whacko white incel kids get to go online and egg each other on with the full protection of the law.

Thoughts and prayers will start any moment now. The Supreme Court will continue to create a wild west show. Business is as usual in the USA.
It's also a Jewish suburb.

Hoping that this was not an antisemitic incident. :(

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Lynn Sweet
@lynnsweet

My video.. I was at #Highland Park parade.. Terrified people fleeing July 4th parade when shooting started.

https://twitter.com/lynnsweet/status/15 ... 7105135617

:( :evil:

This was exactly my worry during SF Pride last week, given the number of white-conservative domestic terrorists disrupting Pride events.

I don't see how this could be a random event in a highly-Jewish locale. I still sure hope it is. :(

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:15 pm Lynn Sweet
@lynnsweet

My video.. I was at #Highland Park parade.. Terrified people fleeing July 4th parade when shooting started.

https://twitter.com/lynnsweet/status/15 ... 7105135617

:( :evil:

This was exactly my worry during SF Pride last week, given the number of white-conservative domestic terrorists disrupting Pride events.

I don't see how this could be a random event in a highly-Jewish locale. I still sure hope it is. :(
Never happens, not ONCE, if cons including those here would stop supporting politicians who take money from the NRA and gun mfgs to cause this.

It is THEIR fault.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Nothing is confirmed as far as I can see. But this is the suspect.

StopAntisemitism
@StopAntisemites
Highland Park shooter - Robert “Bobby” E. Crimo III; he may be driving a 2010 silver Honda Fit license plate #DM80653

Crimo is still at large and is extremely dangerous; call 911 if spotted.

Supposedly he's the son of Bob, Crimo, who ran for mayor back in 2019. This is his only tweet, retweeting Trump

bob crimo
@CrimoBob
Replying to
@WhiteHouse45

@WhiteHouse
and
@realDonaldTrump
Nice way to end the press conference!
I Love it! 2020

https://twitter.com/CrimoBob

and surprise, this is the account Bob Senior follows(ed)

https://twitter.com/POTUS45
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine