Today in White Nationalism/White Supremacism

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: Today in White Nationalism/White Supremacism

Post by carmenjonze »

Today in What Century is This, Again? :?

A Professor Who Studies Housing Discrimination Says It Happened to Him - NYT
Nathan Connolly and his wife, Shani Mott, say an appraisal company undervalued their home based on their race. The couple has filed a lawsuit in Maryland.

A professor of history at Johns Hopkins University, Dr. Connolly is an expert on redlining and the legacy of white supremacy in American cities, and much of his research focuses on the role of race in the housing market.
Months after that first appraisal, the couple applied for another refinance loan, removed family photos and had a white male colleague — another Johns Hopkins professor — stand in for them. The second appraiser valued the house at $750,000.

This week, Dr. Connolly and Dr. Mott sued loanDepot, which is based in Foothill Ranch, Calif., as well as 20/20 Valuations and Shane Lanham, the owner of 20/20 Valuations. Mr. Lanham is the appraiser who conducted the first appraisal.
JHC.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

Children’s Hospital….”Pro Life….” Doesn’t apply to the transgender community.
:roll: :?

Statement released by the DOJ

Ben Collins @oneunderscore__
New statement from the Department of Justice about the threats directed at Boston Children’s Hospital from far-right activists.

"I will not sit idly by and allow hate-based criminal activity to continue in our District."

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/sta ... 7666921474

"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Nothing says "pro life" like threatening doctors with death. :roll:

BTW, there were quite a few incidents like this during the height of COVID, too, because people were claiming the doctors were lying about COVID, so they also got death threats.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:32 pm Nothing says "pro life" like threatening doctors with death. :roll:

BTW, there were quite a few incidents like this during the height of COVID, too, because people were claiming the doctors were lying about COVID, so they also got death threats.
What do we call them? I cant use the alternative to fascist thing we talked about, some of them are not overtly racist.

What do you call someone who on this board starts the argument with any abortion is taking of a human life, how do you talk to someone who doesn't understand the simplest and most basic of science?

You know me, I need a two or three word term to call them, or one word I suppose.

"Anti Woman"
"Pro Forced Birth"

etc...
I sigh in your general direction.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

I think for today, I'll go with people without humanity, swimming in bullshit.

Ask me again tomorrow.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/statu ... 9669387267
No way in the world was this accidental.

We’ve gone way beyond dog whistles, to calling up the reserves.

Everybody vote!!
The Alabama GOP apologized after they ‘accidentally’ posted a GOP image with klansmen embedded in the imagery.
Accident or intentional?
I’ll let you decide, this is the image. 👇🏼
Image at link
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Must-watch video.

Why I have never had a problem calling conservative whites fascism-enablers, small-c confederates, and sometimes outright "fascist."

It's not a conflation on my part. Conservative whites embrace this kind of anti-immigrant, and white-victimhood, and race-demagoguery designed to appeal to them, which have become founding principles of one of two political parties in this country.

Cry me a river if it hurts the snowflake feelings of the people who are destroying this country. They have been carrying over this ideology since at least the proto-Klan Know-Nothings (many of whom, by the way, turned into Republicans). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_Nothing

And yes, this guy is right: the ideology is identical.

Sam Hoadley-Brill 🙏 RIP CHARLES MILLS 🐐
@deonteleologist

Sometimes people give me shit for comparing the talking points of right-wing media and politicians to those of the KKK.

I want to say I’m sorry: they’re not comparable, they’re actually identical.

[VIDEO]

https://twitter.com/deonteleologist/sta ... 9930000384

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

Public schools receive 'In God We Trust' poster donations as new Texas law requires their display
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/19/us/texas ... index.html

Texas school districts have begun receiving donated posters and framed copies of the national motto, "In God We Trust," that they will now be required to display in accordance with a new state law.

[snip][end]

Got that? Many of these same districts which have banned display of Pride Flags, BLM Posters, and anything with "slogans" or messages on them or implied, are mandating that these posters be displayed in a conspicuous place at every school.

Because, well, they are against indoctrination. :roll:

Next question: change that word to "Allah" and I think the freakout across Texas would be legendary.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:07 pm Public schools receive 'In God We Trust' poster donations as new Texas law requires their display
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/19/us/texas ... index.html

Texas school districts have begun receiving donated posters and framed copies of the national motto, "In God We Trust," that they will now be required to display in accordance with a new state law.

[snip][end]

Got that? Many of these same districts which have banned display of Pride Flags, BLM Posters, and anything with "slogans" or messages on them or implied, are mandating that these posters be displayed in a conspicuous place at every school.

Because, well, they are against indoctrination. :roll:

Next question: change that word to "Allah" and I think the freakout across Texas would be legendary.
Yeah, SC will say it is fine. We MIGHT survive but as long as these folks are here, there is no way we can be like we were, not now anyway.

Bannon accomplished his goal, Putin helped. DeStupid represents the permanent end. We must fight like hell.

Fuck you assholes who love this...and you know you do.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

MTG seeking to harm people with the least power on earth.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA10RhGB

Marjorie Taylor Greene rolls out "Protect Children’s Innocence Act"

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene launched her new "Protect Children's Innocence Act" on Friday which details that anyone who "knowingly performs any gender-affirming care on a minor" is guilty of a class C felony, carrying a punishment of 10 to 25 years in prison and a maximum fine of $250,000, per a statement given by Greene's office.

In addition to pressing a criminalizing thumb on those providing gender-affirming care to trans youth, the new Act also looks to "prohibit using federal funds for gender-affirming health care, including in Affordable Healthcare Act plans and bar colleges and universities from offering instruction on gender-affirming care."

Expressing her thoughts on what prompted the Act during an appearance on the Fox News show "Tucker Carlson Tonight" on Thursday, Greene said "When it comes to gender-affirming care, which is really child abuse, this is actually an assault and it's child abuse . . . This practice should never happen. It's so disgusting and appalling … this needs to be illegal."
Suffice to say, board cons support this.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Whoever this is, says violence against us is necessary.

https://crooksandliars.com/2022/08/char ... e-ags-raid

Charlie Kirk Wants GOP State AGs To 'Raid' Liberal Groups
"Raids must be met with raids,” Kirk said. What?

By John Amato — August 19, 2022

Turning Point USA's Charlie Kirk told "Christian" nationalist Eric Metaxas that Republican state attorneys should retaliate for the FBI search on Trump's Florida resident by raiding liberal groups without probable cause.

Fascism at its finest. Kirk said Republican lawmakers should raid Planned Parenthood and other groups he considered to be left-wing, calling them criminal groups.

Kirk's group is supporting Florida Governor Ron DeSantis' recent countrywide promotion tour to support the most extreme wackos this country has seen running for office.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

He's bad mojo.

Charlie Kirk is the head of Turning Point USA, a group I'm quite familiar with because they try and get professors they consider "too woke" or whatever else fired. They advocate filming professors' lectures without their knowledge and permission. I guess so they can then use this as "evidence" of whatever BS they want to claim.

As to that bill by MTG...

Note that, shockingly, EmptyG is as always full of shit. She's protecting "children", she says, except, uh, it prevents teaching about trans identity in colleges and universities (where 99% of students are adults), & interferes with doctors and patients who are adults from undergoing any procedures ... not that anything in the bill really "protects" children, mind, but the whole bill and its title is a lie. :roll:

... the bill will go nowhere, but even glenn who says she is an embarrassment to the GOP, acknowledges the party loves her because she raises a lot of money. Well, she raises a lot of money, because, duh, this is what "the base" wants.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Charlie Kkkirkkk is a straight up fascist.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Today in Niggerlover Treatment

viewtopic.php?p=35127#p35127
Glennfs wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:44 pm Ooooo. soooooo look at me I have an online gay activist friend who is also African American ooooooo ooooooo I have reached the pinnacle of progressive hierarchy

Oh my god oh my God oh my God I get to sit at the cool kids table

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

viewtopic.php?p=32218#p32218
Glennfs wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:34 am Illegals crossing the border is something people are concerned about.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

viewtopic.php?p=32238#p32238
Glennfs wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:34 am Illegals crossing the border is something people are concerned about.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

viewtopic.php?p=31176#p31176
Bludogdem wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:13 pm Response from the club.

https://www.ktnv.com/news/disturbing-di ... -community

The photo in the link has better resolution and when you zoom in the piece doesn’t necessarily look African American. Looks like a poorly renditioned miniature.

viewtopic.php?p=31176#p31203
Bludogdem wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:16 am Black is black. That’s not black. I’ve known a few model rail enthusiasts as well and as you said they can be quite unique. And it only takes one to create something like that. It’s poor taste now but maybe not 30 years ago. Especially out west.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

DeSantis takes crusade against ‘woke ideology’ [ :roll: ] to Pennsylvania, Ohio as he rallies for GOP candidates - Yahoo Finance/The Hill
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) railed against “woke ideology” and touched on familiar culture war issues like critical race theory (CRT) and the participation of transgender women and girls in sports as he campaigned for Republicans in the key swing states of Pennsylvania and Ohio.

DeSantis traveled first to Pittsburgh to campaign for Pennsylvania gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano (R) and later Youngstown, Ohio, to rally with Republican Senate hopeful J.D. Vance. Both events were organized by Turning Point Action.
TPUSA is a Trump Youth organization. J.D. Vance is a straight up white nationalist, and so is Ron DeSantis.

Republican Senate candidates promote ‘replacement’ theory - AP

Too bad these conservative whites aren't beating down the doors of the local PTA to make sure great replacement theory is never taught in public schools.

:roll: :problem:
DeSantis has also been leaning into national culture war issues in Florida, raising his profile among the Republican Party’s conservative base.
Can't govern, can't think independently, can't act independently; need authoritarianism, need demagoguery, need the backing of state violence.

Basic white conservatism.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

This entire Twitter thread is a worthy read.

Unicorn Riot
@UR_Ninja

Cordelia Scaife May's brother, Richard Mellon Scaife, a major early funder & board trustee of The Heritage Foundation, gave his blessing to Tanton’s efforts through the Colcom Foundation.

This chart shows Tanton network orgs like FAIR and Center for Immigration Studies share interlocking funding with larger, key right-wing institutions like the Federalist Society, Heritage Foundation, Hudson Institute, Claremont Institute, Manhattan Institute, Hoover Institution

https://twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/1561865718777389059

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Even RAND gets it. :?

A Dangerous Web: Mapping Racially and Ethnically Motived Violent Extremism
Racially and Ethnically Motivated Violent Extremism: The Basics

Racially and ethnically motivated violent extremism (REMVE) refers to a loosely organized movement of individuals and groups that espouse some combination of racist, anti-Semitic, xenophobic, Islamophobic, misogynistic, and homophobic ideology. REMVE actors see their race or ethnicity under threat and promote the use of or engage in violence against a given population group. The majority of REMVE actors are motivated by cultural nationalism or White supremacy—beliefs that Caucasian or "Aryan" peoples represent superior races, and that "White culture" is superior to other cultures. Many REMVE actors also are motivated by White nationalism, which overlaps with White supremacy: Adherents espouse the belief that the White race is superior to others, and White nationalism emphasizes defining a country or region by White racial identity and promoting the interests of White people exclusively and at the expense of non-White populations.

More-common terms related to REMVE include far-right extremism, right-wing terrorism, radical right, or extreme right, which are used more frequently in literature and by other countries. Although these terms are not synonymous, they are used somewhat interchangeably and often without precise definitions. These terms also can be applied to political parties and movements that participate in political systems and do not engage in violence directly, particularly in Europe, where many parliamentary systems have formal far-right parties that participate in elections.

The U.S. State Department commissioned the RAND Corporation to produce a comprehensive network analysis of the White Identity Terrorist Movement (WITM) and REMVE in response to a congressional requirement from the 2021 National Defense Authorization Act.[2] The analysis—which sought to identify key actors, organizations, and supporting infrastructure and the relationships and interactions between them—is intended to inform a U.S. government strategy to counter REMVE.

About Trends

• Although right-wing extremism has been increasing both online and offline, the movement is largely online. There are more-limited instances of offline activity and violence.

• There has been a shift toward a post-organizational landscape that is made up of decentralized networks of small cells and lone actors.

About Transnational Dynamics

• Internationalization of the REMVE movement has accelerated across the West in recent years; online messaging and social media platforms contribute to the spread of far-right extremist ideologies. However, much of the far-right discourse in online conversations stays within national boundaries.

• REMVE concerns are generally local and domestically focused, although online REMVE actors in different countries share many of the same sentiments, especially about anti-immigration tropes.

About Recruitment

• Mainstreaming—for example, sharing messages on Twitter that mingle extremist views with mainstream messages (e.g., using hashtags) or that normalize extremist perspectives using humor or satire—is the most common recruitment tactic.

• In-person recruitment activities often are centered around festivals, concerts, and other events, such as those related to the mixed martial arts scene.

About Training

• In the United States, REMVE groups conduct both field-based paramilitary training and online security training. Some groups encourage their members to seek organized, professional training; this includes urging group members to join the U.S. military.

• Both Russia and Ukraine have attracted extremists interested in training. Neo-Nazis (who are mostly Russian, but some are American) have trained and fought with militias, such as the Azov Battalion, in Ukraine. The Russian Imperial Movement organizes training through its armed wing, the Imperial Legion.

About Fundraising

• Most funding is obtained through legal, public means. Major funding sources (both in dollar amount and number of organizations and transactions) include crowdfunding, private donations, and commercial activities. How much revenue groups are raising and what portion of those revenues—and from what sources—go toward violent activities remain poorly researched.

• Little evidence exists of extensive funding of REMVE causes through trafficking or criminal activity. The groups themselves are not sanctioned or labeled as terrorist organizations and thus are not inherently illegal.
More in this report https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_brie ... 841-1.html

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

This was a newspaper article from 1952 about how the new immigration law passed that year would require Jewish migrants to "state their race" (which means even by that point, Jews were not accepted fully as "white").

BTW, the 1965 reforms would finally end this nonsense, but this is not antediluvian history ...
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

David Diego
@DiegoDarwin2021

ALL TIME GREATEST meltdown of a press conference I’ve ever seen🤣

Rich white couple throw insanely racist party then try to restore their names but 25 min into it reveal that she anonymously runs a super racist Twitter account. Got to see this👇

[VIDEO]

One clarification: this couple is not being sued for having a racist party, a Black firefighter (link👆) was forced to go to this party by his captain and the firefighter is suing the fire department. Which makes it all the more crazy they chose to have this press conference 🤣

https://twitter.com/DiegoDarwin2021/sta ... 7061407744

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

Neo-Confederate is as Confederate does.

I mean, is this not a classic example of "when they tell you who they are, believe them?"

Exclusive: Pennsylvania candidate Mastriano posed in Confederate uniform at Army War College
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclus ... 022-08-26/
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:00 am David Diego
@DiegoDarwin2021

ALL TIME GREATEST meltdown of a press conference I’ve ever seen🤣

Rich white couple throw insanely racist party then try to restore their names but 25 min into it reveal that she anonymously runs a super racist Twitter account. Got to see this👇

[VIDEO]

One clarification: this couple is not being sued for having a racist party, a Black firefighter (link👆) was forced to go to this party by his captain and the firefighter is suing the fire department. Which makes it all the more crazy they chose to have this press conference 🤣

https://twitter.com/DiegoDarwin2021/sta ... 7061407744
People with too much money that didn’t earn it using it to hurt others.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:49 am Neo-Confederate is as Confederate does.

I mean, is this not a classic example of "when they tell you who they are, believe them?"

Exclusive: Pennsylvania candidate Mastriano posed in Confederate uniform at Army War College
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclus ... 022-08-26/
Yes it's a Republican.

Yes it's a conservative white male.

Yes it's a fascist.

Yes, it's all three.

~ Ida B. Wells