Today in White Nationalism/White Supremacism

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Today in White Nationalism/White Supremacism

Post by carmenjonze »

This thread is good for what's happening in the nooz, and also on the white nationalism/white supremacism on this board.

These people have a long history of propaganda. This thread is a good place to put it all.

To begin: Jordan Peterson on Twitter today.

Dr Jordan B Peterson
@jordanbpeterson

At the local community art centre guess where and what state? Just normal people trying to get on with their lives like everyone else..

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/sta ... 0907922432

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Re: Today in White Nationalism/White Supremacism

Post by ProfX »

That would be Jordan Peterson, self-appointed arbiter of beauty ... right?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-amer ... -rcna29879

I guess if it's not his own daughter holding a slab of meat, it's not beautiful? I really just sigh when students ask me what I think about Peterson. The answer is, you really don't want to know. He is an embarrassment to public intellectuals, I would largely call him at this point - esp. with posts like that - a public troll.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:11 pm That would be Jordan Peterson, self-appointed arbiter of beauty ... right?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-amer ... -rcna29879

I guess if it's not his own daughter holding a slab of meat, it's not beautiful? I really just sigh when students ask me what I think about Peterson. The answer is, you really don't want to know. He is an embarrassment to public intellectuals, I would largely call him at this point - esp. with posts like that - a public troll.
Lol what's really interesting about this pic is that he fits in fine with it.

So I don't understand what his problem is. :?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

I know my problem with him.

I'm interested in the Jungian approach to myth but Peterson's version of this in Maps of Meaning ... well, this paragraph is apt. He's primarily a psychologist, but even his psychology is ... dubious.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ps-meaning

Scrutiny shows that Peterson’s Maps of Meaning is defective as a work of anthropology, psychology, philosophy, and politics. Its emphasis on religious myth and heroic individuals provides a poor blueprint for understanding the origins of totalitarianism, and an even poorer guide to overcoming its evils.

[snip]

Peterson’s ideas are a mishmash of banal self-help, amateur philosophy, superfluous Christian mythology, evidence-free Jungian psychology, and toxic individualistic politics. Seek enlightenment elsewhere.

[snip][end]

Lately, he's been claiming an all-beef diet is the cure for all disease and depression. Yeah, I'm no vegan militant, but this is a sign of someone jumping on the crank train. Weirdly, the cover of the book seems to be an image of his daughter in a swimsuit while he stares at her ... elsewhere, he's tweeted pictures of her holding meat. What is up with that?

That about sums up his work, before he started spewing crap like this in 2017.

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktak ... se-content

Jordan Peterson, an outspoken and controversial psychology professor at the University of Toronto known for his public refusals to use gender-neutral pronouns, started a new campaign against the perceived excesses of campus liberalism. But amid criticism he abandoned the plan.

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation reported that Peterson planned to build a website that would have listed courses containing “postmodern neo-Marxist course content,” in an effort to decrease enrollment in those courses. The list was intended to reach beyond University of Toronto courses.

"We're going to start with a website in the next month and a half that will be designed to help students and parents identify postmodern content in courses so that they can avoid them," Peterson told Canadian broadcaster CTV.

In a YouTube video posted to his personal account, he highlighted English literature, anthropology, sociology, women’s studies and ethnic studies as the types of courses “that have to go.”

[snip][end]

Thankfully, Msr. Peterson, that decision is neither up to you nor Rick Scott. Boo, you do you, and leave the rest of academia to itself, hmmkay?
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

My mother was a Jungian devotee before most knew what that was or who that was.

I miss my mom.
I sigh in your general direction.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

ProfX wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:06 pm I know my problem with him.

I'm interested in the Jungian approach to myth but Peterson's version of this in Maps of Meaning ... well, this paragraph is apt. He's primarily a psychologist, but even his psychology is ... dubious.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ps-meaning

Scrutiny shows that Peterson’s Maps of Meaning is defective as a work of anthropology, psychology, philosophy, and politics. Its emphasis on religious myth and heroic individuals provides a poor blueprint for understanding the origins of totalitarianism, and an even poorer guide to overcoming its evils.

[snip]

Peterson’s ideas are a mishmash of banal self-help, amateur philosophy, superfluous Christian mythology, evidence-free Jungian psychology, and toxic individualistic politics. Seek enlightenment elsewhere.

[snip][end]

Lately, he's been claiming an all-beef diet is the cure for all disease and depression. Yeah, I'm no vegan militant, but this is a sign of someone jumping on the crank train. Weirdly, the cover of the book seems to be an image of his daughter in a swimsuit while he stares at her ... elsewhere, he's tweeted pictures of her holding meat. What is up with that?

That about sums up his work, before he started spewing crap like this in 2017.

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktak ... se-content

Jordan Peterson, an outspoken and controversial psychology professor at the University of Toronto known for his public refusals to use gender-neutral pronouns, started a new campaign against the perceived excesses of campus liberalism. But amid criticism he abandoned the plan.

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation reported that Peterson planned to build a website that would have listed courses containing “postmodern neo-Marxist course content,” in an effort to decrease enrollment in those courses. The list was intended to reach beyond University of Toronto courses.

"We're going to start with a website in the next month and a half that will be designed to help students and parents identify postmodern content in courses so that they can avoid them," Peterson told Canadian broadcaster CTV.

In a YouTube video posted to his personal account, he highlighted English literature, anthropology, sociology, women’s studies and ethnic studies as the types of courses “that have to go.”

[snip][end]

Thankfully, Msr. Peterson, that decision is neither up to you nor Rick Scott. Boo, you do you, and leave the rest of academia to itself, hmmkay?
The meat thing is his daughter’s. She claims a diet solely of meat, salt, and water cured her of a variety of physical and psychological ailments.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:03 pm The meat thing is his daughter’s. She claims a diet solely of meat, salt, and water cured her of a variety of physical and psychological ailments.
So?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:04 pmSo?
So white cons are full of shit. I think that is the point.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Bludogdem wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:03 pm The meat thing is his daughter’s. She claims a diet solely of meat, salt, and water cured her of a variety of physical and psychological ailments.
People claim to have seen Bigfoot in their backyard.

https://www.livekindly.co/jordan-peters ... -dystopia/

The daughter may have formulated the diet, but he claims to have also utilized it, and now promotes it.

No sane nutritionist I know of has endorsed it.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:17 pm People claim to have seen Bigfoot in their backyard.

https://www.livekindly.co/jordan-peters ... -dystopia/

The daughter may have formulated the diet, but he claims to have also utilized it, and now promotes it.

No sane nutritionist I know of has endorsed it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You tricked me, the way you formatted that I thought I was gonna get a video of Bigfoot in someone's yard.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:06 pm https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktak ... se-content

"We're going to start with a website in the next month and a half that will be designed to help students and parents identify postmodern content in courses so that they can avoid them,"
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Peterson told Canadian broadcaster CTV.

[snip][end]
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well, go for it, Jordan. :problem:

English lit, anthro, sosh, WSGS and ethnic studies will be the first courses students take, the minute they're out from under their ridiculous, astroturfed parents. Those departments will be eagerly awaiting you and your dumb one-stop shop website of all the interesting courses on campus to sign up for.

Omg these stupid bigots...

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

Star Wars stands with Obi-Wan Kenobi’s Moses Ingram amid racist fan backlash
Racism’s still close to home in a galaxy far, far away
https://www.theverge.com/2022/5/31/2314 ... ird-sister

In response to a swift and all too predictable wave of racist backlash from Star Wars “fans” dismayed by the idea of Black people existing in space, Disney has issued a statement supporting Obi-Wan Kenobi actor Moses Ingram.

[snip]

Clearly, telegraphed narrative intentionality has never been enough to keep racist Star Wars trolls from fixing their mouths to spout utter nonsense. John Boyega was famously met with years of ongoing racist hostility in the wake of his casting as Finn, as was Kelly Marie Tran after she joined the franchise as Rose Tico in Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi.

[snip][end]

C'mon, MAGAnerds, human skin tones will vary, even in a galaxy far, far away. Sheesh.

I get she's playing a villain in the series. Say what you want about the character (Reva), but stop this racist drivel against the actress.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

No, This Illinois High School Isn’t Set To Implement Race-Based Grading
This rumor originated with a "local" news website that is part of a so-called "pink slime" news network.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/oprf- ... d-grading/

In May 2022, a website purporting to be a local news site for the western portion of Illinois’ Cook County, the state’s most populous county that covers the Chicago metro, published an article falsely claiming that Oak Park and River Forest High School (OPRF) officials were set to implement a “race-based grading system.” The article alleged that administrators would make it mandatory for “teachers next school year to adjust their classroom grading scales to account for the skin color or ethnicity of its students.”

The website was called “West Cook News,” and the article featured a cropped version of OPRF Administrator Laurie Fiorenza’s Twitter profile photo. The contents of the article stemmed from a presentation that she gave during a recent school board meeting (a video of it posted on May 26 and is displayed below). In the presentation, she discussed research around grading students more fairly, known as “equitable grading,” and shared findings with school board members for their consideration. Neither she nor any other member of the board announced policy changes that would require teachers to change how they grade students, much less make it mandatory for them to assess students based on their race or ethnicity. For these reasons, we’re marking this claim “False.”

[snip]

West Cook News is part of a so-called “pink slime news” network, a network of websites purporting to be local news outlets (despite having few or no local reporters) that publish politically biased content. The website is run by Local Government Information Services (LGIS), which is part of the Metric Media Foundation, a pink slime network that operates more than 1,200 “local news” outlets. A 2019 investigation by the New York Times found that these networks received “at least $1.7 million from Republican political campaigns and conservative groups.”

[snip][end]
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Video of Boebert with someone saying may political blood run in the streets.

I’ll have to get it later and post it but it’s out there on Twitter

And either here or Stephanie Miller show Supreme Court just said Republicans unconstitutional gerrymandering is going to be allowed because it’s too close to the election to stop it.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 0216759265
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:57 am Video of Boebert with someone saying may political blood run in the streets.

I’ll have to get it later and post it but it’s out there on Twitter

And either here or Stephanie Miller show Supreme Court just said Republicans unconstitutional gerrymandering is going to be allowed because it’s too close to the election to stop it.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 0216759265
Karen is often WAY more vicious than the males. Anyone notice this with these people?

#PhyllisSchlaffly
#CarolynBryant

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

For obvious reasons, Christian nationalism and White nationalism have always been intertwined in this country.

And the EmptyG is clearly just fine with Christian nationalism.

MTG Just Wants To Force Everyone To Practice Christianity, Is That So Wrong?
https://www.wonkette.com/-2657455133

Marjorie Taylor Greene thinks Christian Nationalism has gotten a bad rap. In a video she posted sometime this week and shared by Right Wing Watch yesterday, Greene shared her thoughts on how "the media" is trying to scare people about Christian Nationalism instead of considering the many potential joys of forcibly converting the entire nation to Christianity.

[snip][end]

So see, according to EmptyG, it's all so simple. We should simply scrap the secular nature of our country and Constitution, go fascist and impose Christianity on everyone who lives here, and become the theocracy our Deist founders reviled ... but in return (according to her) there will be no more mass shootings, no more crime, no more "sexual immorality" (hmm might ask the Baptists about that one, or the Catholic Church) ... and I guess no one need fear the Gazpacho anymore. :roll:

Yes, I get it, she's just on the fringes, or is she? Note how many fellow GOPers endorsed and supported her call for Dominionism.
Glennfs

Post by Glennfs »

ProfX wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:50 am For obvious reasons, Christian nationalism and White nationalism have always been intertwined in this country.

And the EmptyG is clearly just fine with Christian nationalism.

MTG Just Wants To Force Everyone To Practice Christianity, Is That So Wrong?
https://www.wonkette.com/-2657455133

Marjorie Taylor Greene thinks Christian Nationalism has gotten a bad rap. In a video she posted sometime this week and shared by Right Wing Watch yesterday, Greene shared her thoughts on how "the media" is trying to scare people about Christian Nationalism instead of considering the many potential joys of forcibly converting the entire nation to Christianity.

[snip][end]

So see, according to EmptyG, it's all so simple. We should simply scrap the secular nature of our country and Constitution, go fascist and impose Christianity on everyone who lives here, and become the theocracy our Deist founders reviled ... but in return (according to her) there will be no more mass shootings, no more crime, no more "sexual immorality" (hmm might ask the Baptists about that one, or the Catholic Church) ... and I guess no one need fear the Gazpacho anymore. :roll:

Yes, I get it, she's just on the fringes, or is she? Note how many fellow GOPers endorsed and supported her call for Dominionism.
She is a fundraising machine which is why I believe they put up with her nonsense
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

If you want an example of how fascism will take over, and I mean violent fascism like rump and MAGA have promised us, it is alleged patriotic, decent human beings referring to the most vile, fascist and racist as well as dumb human beings on earth as being engaged in "nonsense."

It is like news organizations referring to the rump and MAGA insurrection and treason as "shenanigans."

This is how you lose what you dont know you have.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:01 pm She is a fundraising machine which is why I believe they put up with her nonsense
She's a filthy white nationalist, which appeals to constituents like you and the rest of the GQP.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:55 pm She's a filthy white nationalist, which appeals to constituents like you and the rest of the GQP.
She is only "nonsense" to the con. She advocates death of you and me and all non MAGA but she is only "nonsense" to con. This means con will absolutely stand by while we are murdered. We wont let that happen, but he would stand by and do and say nothing.
Glennfs

Post by Glennfs »

Libertas wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:37 pm She is only "nonsense" to the con. She advocates death of you and me and all non MAGA but she is only "nonsense" to con. This means con will absolutely stand by while we are murdered. We wont let that happen, but he would stand by and do and say nothing.
Lers review which party did the president belong to when we

Put American citizens in concentration camps

Dropped a nuclear bomb on civilians

Burned the people at WACO

Sent armed soldiers into a private home to kidnap a little boy and send him back to s communist country

Your belief that our government is planning to or going to kill people like you is unfounded.

You really need to try to move away from that thought and belief
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Glennfs wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:01 pm Burned the people at WACO
The Branch Davidians set the fire to their compound themselves, unless you're claiming some CT here.
Sent armed soldiers into a private home to kidnap a little boy and send him back to s communist country
Again, if you're speaking of Elian Gonzalez, it is absolutely true INS agents (the predecessor of ICE) reunited him with his father, who was his closest living relative, which was policy at the time.

The real question I often wonder about that whole saga is this happens day in and day out in the U.S., but I wonder if anybody would have ever heard about it if he wasn't a Cuban kid.

Kids get deported from this country regularly, but weirdly this Cuban kid is the only one most people can remember, or name.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:37 pm She is only "nonsense" to the con. She advocates death of you and me and all non MAGA but she is only "nonsense" to con. This means con will absolutely stand by while we are murdered. We wont let that happen, but he would stand by and do and say nothing.
Yes, she is something else to sweep under the rug and claim nothing to see here, just like conservative whites have always done with the rest of their elected criminals.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:01 pm Lers review which party did the president belong to when we ...
Both parties have been packed to the gills with mass-murdering conservative whites and your genocidal, destructive policies, from the outset of this country.

Even before that.

Proto-Christian nationalist religious nuts came over here and promptly started killing each other, after having spent hundreds of years in the old countries killing each other Bible verses, then proceded to kill everyone in sight. No wonder so many of your communities are still so violent.

They were so sociopathic and petty, they even killed people for trying to vote.

You personally choose the current party you guys all flocked to after Civil Rights bills were passed. So I'm not sure what your point is.

~ Ida B. Wells