January 6 hearings...

News and events of the day
Post Reply
User avatar
Libertas
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:16 pm

January 6 hearings...

Post by Libertas »

We will need a thread for this.

Note faux news is ignoring the hearings, I wonder what they did during the Benghazi Hearings. We know they concluded that neither Hillary or the Obama administration did anything wrong, but still as I recall they were ALL OVER those.

Someone at DU said maybe they will run "F Troop" reruns. On a side note, I loved that show when I was a kid.
Image
Glennfs
Posts: 2207
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by Glennfs »

If these hearings are bi partisan and only to get the facts out to the American people and not designed to help democratic candidates in the upcoming elections.

Then why did the Democrats hire a tv producer and former president of ABC news to do the show.
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
gounion
Posts: 3956
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by gounion »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:15 am If these hearings are bi partisan and only to get the facts out to the American people and not designed to help democratic candidates in the upcoming elections.

Then why did the Democrats hire a tv producer and former president of ABC news to do the show.
I predicted to you last week that you would attack and belittle the hearings, no matter what they said. You couldn't even wait for them to happen to start. This shows that you're on Trump's side and will defend him.
User avatar
Number6
Posts: 1315
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:18 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by Number6 »

I'll be recording these hearings because they are historic and important. Also, when our resident conservatives start denying who said what I'll be able to do say what the announcers at an NFL game would say, "Let's go to the video."
When you vote left, you vote right.
User avatar
Drak
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by Drak »

The GOP and Trump sure are banging those pots and pans as loud as they can, telling their base not to watch these hearings and pushing their typical absurd distractions. Things innocent people do….
gounion
Posts: 3956
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by gounion »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:15 am If these hearings are bi partisan and only to get the facts out to the American people and not designed to help democratic candidates in the upcoming elections.

Then why did the Democrats hire a tv producer and former president of ABC news to do the show.
Let's be clear: the right has used professionals to aid them all along, from Rush Limbaugh to Sean Hannity and Fox News. I never heard Glenn complain about THAT yet.

Hey, Glenn, say they were releasing a written report, and they hired a professional writer and layout person to ensure the report was readable and professional looking? Would that mean that the report was false?

You were laughing a few weeks ago that it would probably be just Committee members bloviating on for most of it, and they would look foolish.

I guess now you're scared they aren't. You're scared of what will be in the hearings. I'm not surprised. But let's be clear, no matter WHAT the hearings bring out, no matter how factual, you will attack it and will defend Trump. You won't even wait to hear what evidence the hearings put forth.
Glennfs
Posts: 2207
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by Glennfs »

I knew you wouldn't be able to give a valid reason.
Because it is clear that the presentation of the evidence and especially any videos is going to be designed as a campaign commercial.
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
Glennfs
Posts: 2207
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by Glennfs »

gounion wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:45 pm I predicted to you last week that you would attack and belittle the hearings, no matter what they said. You couldn't even wait for them to happen to start. This shows that you're on Trump's side and will defend him.
I have a couple of liberal friends who thought it was a onion style joke at first.

But then they aren't closed minded partisans
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
User avatar
Number6
Posts: 1315
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:18 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by Number6 »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:04 pm I knew you wouldn't be able to give a valid reason.
Because it is clear that the presentation of the evidence and especially any videos is going to be designed as a campaign commercial.
If you were in charge of the committee how would you present the evidence to the American people?
When you vote left, you vote right.
User avatar
Drak
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Re: January 6 hearings..

Post by Drak »

There’s nothing wrong with using professional production companies to make these hearings consumable and digestible to the American public. We no longer live in the era of watergate when news was different and people were somewhat smarter. We now live in an infotainment reality TV, Fix News world. Just more RW propaganda nonsense and whining.
User avatar
Drak
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by Drak »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:05 pm I have a couple of liberal friends who thought it was a onion style joke at first.
No you don’t. No one here should ever believe a word you say. Ever.
But then they aren't closed minded partisans
The ridiculous lack of self awareness from this poster is absolutely mind boggling.

Keep trying to deny and bend reality on a small liberal message board to protect your hyper partisan feelings. It’s like watching a half dead fish attempt to swim up Niagara Falls.
Glennfs
Posts: 2207
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by Glennfs »

Number6 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:28 pm If you were in charge of the committee how would you present the evidence to the American people?
Like every other congressional hearing
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
Glennfs
Posts: 2207
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by Glennfs »

Drak wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:20 pm No you don’t. No one here should ever believe a word you say. Ever.



The ridiculous lack of self awareness from this poster is absolutely mind boggling.

Keep trying to deny and bend reality on a small liberal message board to protect your hyper partisan feelings. It’s like watching a half dead fish attempt to swim up Niagara Falls.
Prove it post something I said that was an intentional lie
You can't
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
User avatar
Drak
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by Drak »

Speaking of the Onion. The entire Trump presidency was over and beyond anything the Onion ever delivered. The local con Troll spent the entire time normalizing and defending it.
User avatar
Drak
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...ou

Post by Drak »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:50 pm Prove it post something I said that was an intentional lie
You can't
You have no credibility here. Period. You are a disinformation merchant and a liar.
User avatar
Drak
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Re: January 6 hearings..

Post by Drak »

Drak wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:53 pm There’s nothing wrong with using professional production companies to make these hearings consumable and digestible to the American public. We no longer live in the era of watergate when news was different and people were somewhat smarter. We now live in an infotainment reality TV, Fix News world. Just more RW propaganda nonsense and whining.
Glennfs
Posts: 2207
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...ou

Post by Glennfs »

Drak wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:52 pm You have no credibility here. Period. You are a disinformation merchant and a liar.
So prove it
You keep saying it so step up
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
User avatar
Drak
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...ou

Post by Drak »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:54 pm So prove it
You keep saying it so step up
Prove what? That you’re a liar? You prove that all on your own. You prove it every time you post certifiably false statements and articles then run off when it’s pointed out with facts. Or when you post links that don’t say what you pretend they do, thinking no one will notice. Or when you claim you didn’t say things you did, which are then proven via direct quotes. Or the fact that you purposely don’t follow what’s going on. I bet not one person outside of the other con that posts here would vouch that you have any credibility. You don’t.
gounion
Posts: 3956
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by gounion »

So Glenn Liz Cheney is on the Committee and Republican Adam Kinzinger is a co-chair. BTW, Cheney and Kinzinger were the only Republicans that voted to form a Committee to investigate Jan 6th.

I realize you don't want Jan 6th investigate like Watergate was investigated. Because without the Committee, Nixon would never have had to resign. And you don't want Trump to pay any price for what he did. Because your party is all that matters to you.
User avatar
Libertas
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:16 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by Libertas »

Number6 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:46 pm I'll be recording these hearings because they are historic and important. Also, when our resident conservatives start denying who said what I'll be able to do say what the announcers at an NFL game would say, "Let's go to the video."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image
User avatar
Libertas
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:16 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by Libertas »

One of the fascist traitors said "after everything he (trump) had done for us, I figured I could do this."

FACT - he did nothing but give the richest Americans a tax break AT YOUR EXPENSE you dumb ASSHOLE


Jim Jordan just tweeted "when will there be hearings on $5 a gallon gas"

so i responded "you voted against gas gouging bill, you dont care"

That tweet will endanger my life. Guaranteed.
Image
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5507
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:05 pm I have a couple of liberal friends who thought it was a onion style joke at first.

But then they aren't closed minded partisans
Why do you suppose Fox News isn't carrying the hearings?
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
Number6
Posts: 1315
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:18 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by Number6 »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:49 pm Like every other congressional hearing
Typical no-answer answer.
When you vote left, you vote right.
User avatar
Number6
Posts: 1315
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:18 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by Number6 »

Very damning evidence against Trump. Trump kept denying he lost but Bill Barr told he he did, his numbers guy told him there is "no there, there" meaning no way to win, and Trump's daughter said when Barr said he lost she accepted that. Its one thing to think you've won but when your own people and daughter tells you you lost then anything Trump did to try and overturn the election shows intent to commit a crime.

The committee laid out the timeline very well showing how Trump called for people to come to the capitol, how Alex Jones said the next day (Jan 6th) was "going to be wild," how Trump told the crowd to go to the Capitol, the movements of the Proud Boys before and during the insurrection, the storming of the Capitol, the fact Trump never called for the crowd to stand down or called for the National Guard. The committee showed a clip from a Trump/Biden debate where Trump was asked about the Proud Boy and he told them, the Proud Boys, to "stand by."

There will be 10 more hours of hearings and more will come out.
When you vote left, you vote right.
Glennfs
Posts: 2207
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by Glennfs »

Number6 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:18 pm Typical no-answer answer.
Typical I just got done driving 8 hours.

I found the speeches to be far less political than I expected.
I had to listen to the videos and they were exactly what you would expect from an award winning TV producer.
The evidence was pretty much what we already knew but, it was nice to hear and it was very damming for Trump.
But, I doubt we will see any criminal referrals made by the committee against trump. Not because trump is innocent. But because it would probably hurt the democratic party at the polls.
Now if public opinion turns harshly against trump and for him being charged then we will see a criminal referral
It is pretty obvious that they surely have enough on him to be able to refer charges.
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
Post Reply