White Conservatism Is Destroying This Country

News and events of the day
ProfX

Re: White Conservatism Is Destroying This Country

Post by ProfX »

When I was a youngun taking karate - yes, I did, BTW - never got a black belt :mrgreen: - I remember my karate teacher focused a lot of his lessons on self confidence and testing and pushing your limits. He did not look like Mr. Miyagi, though. :D But that was a big part of our sessions and I understood its importance.

He was able to get that point across without making us pass out, to prove the point that you can pass out and not die. :D (That is true, BTW, but allow me to point out people die every year from auto-asphyxiation because they accidentally cross that line and prove, sometimes, you can.)
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:04 pm When I was a youngun taking karate - yes, I did, BTW - never got a black belt :mrgreen: - I remember my karate teacher focused a lot of his lessons on self confidence and testing and pushing your limits. He did not look like Mr. Miyagi, though. :D But that was a big part of our sessions and I understood its importance.

He was able to get that point across without making us pass out, to prove the point that you can pass out and not die. :D (That is true, BTW, but allow me to point out people die every year from auto-asphyxiation because they accidentally cross that line and prove, sometimes, you can.)
This guy confuses physically-violent grooming with coaching, and apparently believes this type of coaching is appropriate for school sports instruction.

This is exacly the type of person primed since the 1950s to buy into the idea that communismsocilaism is putting CRT/SEL/trans children in public schools.

This person actually thinks trans girls on the sports team are "deviant" and the "threat," while he still has googoo eyes over a groomer.

:( this is really sad. I wish Glennfs was never subjected to this coach. :(

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

I had some tough coaches in my own high school sports years.

No one will be surprised to learn that a couple of them were cast as lesbian predators based solely on looks and their nontraditional spots as women in sports.

The male coach actual-predators of the sports kids...everybody knew who they were. And everybody dutifully ignored it, a lot like the Catholic Church covers for its pedophile priests. A lot like the GOP yells pizza parlor and satanic pedophile rings, yet keeps MGT, Gaetz, Trump, etc., as their party leaders.

Then you get the Gym Jordans, and Glennfs's 1960s/segregation-era creep coach, choking white male children out, and telling them it's good for them. :? These poor guys. :(

I could be wrong, but I am guessing white conservative parents also think this kind of barbaric treatment is good for their boys whom they force to endure it. This is how colonizers are made, this is how domineering Donald Trumps are made, this is how rapists and "me too" guys confuse their violent behavior with "love" and "crimes of passion." :? Jesus what a sh#tty life.

:? No wonder Glennfs thinks it's his place to lecture us "minorities" how we must be grateful for the human rights abuses we continue to suffer in this country. He was taught this type of perverse abuse dynamic at an early age.

Conservative misanthropy starts at home.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

‘Time for war bro’: How an extreme right-wing Napa mechanic built an arsenal - Vallejo Sun
If they don't listen to trump they will hear us,” Copeland wrote in a text to Rogers on Nov. 30, 2020.

“We don't need to win over 50,000 people we need 500 pissed off patriots that want America back,” Copeland said in another undated message.

“I hope 45 goes to war if he doesn't I will,” Rogers wrote in an undated text message.

The pair were further motivated to discuss violence by the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. A variety of right wing groups were involved in the attack and have been prosecuted for their role in organizing it, including four Southern California men affiliated with the Three Percenter movement who have been charged with conspiracy. A Texas Three Percenter who entered the Capitol with a pistol and zip ties was found guilty of five criminal counts in March following the first jury trial from the attack.

Rogers and Copeland have said the Three Percenter group they participated in was a “preppers” social club and not involved in militia activities. From its inception after the 2008 election of President Barack Obama, the Three Percenters have anticipated a second civil war over gun ownership, believing that the government would come to take their weapons, necessitating a violent resistance.
Freaks.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

Swastikas Fly at Disney as Neo-Nazis Appear to Join Anti-Grooming Protests
Disney has been at the center of a right-wing-led culture war for several months over its response to Florida's "Don't Say Gay" law.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7wdxm/ ... 8NEvHfLu8A

Swastika flags fluttered outside a Disney World resort entrance in Orlando, Florida, this weekend, where a medley of far-right activists—including neo-Nazis—had convened for a protest against “grooming.”

Disney and its affiliated parks have become culture-war battlegrounds ever since the company withdrew its support from Florida’s controversial “Don’t Say Gay” law earlier this year, amid a right-wing moral panic over schoolkids learning about LGBTQ issues.

In recent months, Disney has become the focal point of an intensifying conspiracy theory that claims the corporation is a front for a massive pedophile ring, and “grooms” children through subliminal messaging in its movies. :roll:

Less than a month ago, the same Disney World resort entrance was the backdrop to a similar protest that drew a few hundred MAGA activists and at least eight right-wing political candidates.

Now it would appear that neo-Nazis are looking to boost their visibility and credentials in mainstream circles by latching onto this latest right-wing cause du jour: baseless accusations that Disney supports grooming children.

[snip]

There was some initial confusion when a group of men arrived holding swastika flags and wearing gas masks, Nazi Germany-style military uniforms, and skull masks (which are increasingly associated with hardcore accelerationist neo-Nazis). At first, according to livestreams, it seemed as though the MAGA crowd thought the neo-Nazis were there to protest them. “The Nazis even came down here to fuckin’ stop us,” one man bellowed through a megaphone. But as they made their way through the MAGA crowd, toward the Disney World resort sign, they could be heard explaining that they were “all on the same side.”

[snip]

It’s not clear what group the neo-Nazis were affiliated with, if any, but their apparent interest in the issue coincides with the appearance of antisemitic flyers in at least two American cities in recent days (San Antonio and Kenosha, Wisconsin), containing a list of (supposedly) Jewish Disney executives. “Every single aspect of child grooming at Disney is Jewish,” the flyer read. :|

Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” law, which will take effect next year, bars educators from discussing anything related to sexual orientation or gender identity with kids up to the age of 12. Critics of the law, which now includes Disney, have been baselessly accused of “supporting” grooming. In the last two months, this narrative has ballooned: Right-wing culture warriors have lambasted the company for pushing a “woke” agenda on kids through their movies featuring diverse characters. The debacle has opened the floodgates for intensely homophobic and transphobic rhetoric, and allowed right-wingers to launder tired narratives about the LGBTQ community and sex predators into the mainstream.

[snip][end]

Probably belongs in the QCrap thread. As I expected, the old 80s-90s fundavangelical conspiracy of Disney putting "subliminal" messages into children's films has popped up again.

Hey, when neo-Nazis are joining your protests, maybe you're doing them wrong. Or mayhems from your POV - you're doing them right?

What a crazy country.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

"Pro-life" conservatives: are you giving baby formula to those babies? How dare you, Joe Biden?

Texas governor says feds shouldn’t give migrant babies formula amid U.S. shortage
https://www.borderreport.com/news/texas ... -shortage/

McALLEN, Texas (Border Report) — Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday criticized the Biden administration for providing baby formula to migrant children in holding facilities amid a nationwide shortage.

[snip]

“It’s so unfortunate that our governor is so short-sighted in his thinking. And is instead interested in stoking, xenophobia, racism and fear in an environment where we can be acting out of abundance, versus a scarcity mentality,” said Marisa Limón Garza, senior director for advocacy and programming for Hope Border Institute in El Paso, Texas.

[snip][end]

Clearly, "them" babies have no right to life!
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:54 am Swastikas Fly at Disney as Neo-Nazis Appear to Join Anti-Grooming Protests
Disney has been at the center of a right-wing-led culture war for several months over its response to Florida's "Don't Say Gay" law.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7wdxm/ ... 8NEvHfLu8A

Swastika flags fluttered outside a Disney World resort entrance in Orlando, Florida, this weekend, where a medley of far-right activists—including neo-Nazis—had convened for a protest against “grooming.”

Disney and its affiliated parks have become culture-war battlegrounds ever since the company withdrew its support from Florida’s controversial “Don’t Say Gay” law earlier this year, amid a right-wing moral panic over schoolkids learning about LGBTQ issues.

In recent months, Disney has become the focal point of an intensifying conspiracy theory that claims the corporation is a front for a massive pedophile ring, and “grooms” children through subliminal messaging in its movies. :roll:

Less than a month ago, the same Disney World resort entrance was the backdrop to a similar protest that drew a few hundred MAGA activists and at least eight right-wing political candidates.

Now it would appear that neo-Nazis are looking to boost their visibility and credentials in mainstream circles by latching onto this latest right-wing cause du jour: baseless accusations that Disney supports grooming children.

[snip]

There was some initial confusion when a group of men arrived holding swastika flags and wearing gas masks, Nazi Germany-style military uniforms, and skull masks (which are increasingly associated with hardcore accelerationist neo-Nazis). At first, according to livestreams, it seemed as though the MAGA crowd thought the neo-Nazis were there to protest them. “The Nazis even came down here to fuckin’ stop us,” one man bellowed through a megaphone. But as they made their way through the MAGA crowd, toward the Disney World resort sign, they could be heard explaining that they were “all on the same side.”

[snip]

It’s not clear what group the neo-Nazis were affiliated with, if any, but their apparent interest in the issue coincides with the appearance of antisemitic flyers in at least two American cities in recent days (San Antonio and Kenosha, Wisconsin), containing a list of (supposedly) Jewish Disney executives. “Every single aspect of child grooming at Disney is Jewish,” the flyer read. :|

Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” law, which will take effect next year, bars educators from discussing anything related to sexual orientation or gender identity with kids up to the age of 12. Critics of the law, which now includes Disney, have been baselessly accused of “supporting” grooming. In the last two months, this narrative has ballooned: Right-wing culture warriors have lambasted the company for pushing a “woke” agenda on kids through their movies featuring diverse characters. The debacle has opened the floodgates for intensely homophobic and transphobic rhetoric, and allowed right-wingers to launder tired narratives about the LGBTQ community and sex predators into the mainstream.

[snip][end]

Probably belongs in the QCrap thread. As I expected, the old 80s-90s fundavangelical conspiracy of Disney putting "subliminal" messages into children's films has popped up again.

Hey, when neo-Nazis are joining your protests, maybe you're doing them wrong. Or mayhems from your POV - you're doing them right?

What a crazy country.
I’d say scratch a homophone, find an antisemite, though I know it’s never as clear-cut as that.

But you don’t have to talk to a lot of them to find out they are often religious bigots, typically against Judaism and Jewish people. And that they readily buy into old antisemitic canards.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Motor City »

ProfX wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:28 am "Pro-life" conservatives: are you giving baby formula to those babies? How dare you, Joe Biden?

Texas governor says feds shouldn’t give migrant babies formula amid U.S. shortage
https://www.borderreport.com/news/texas ... -shortage/

McALLEN, Texas (Border Report) — Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday criticized the Biden administration for providing baby formula to migrant children in holding facilities amid a nationwide shortage.

[snip]

“It’s so unfortunate that our governor is so short-sighted in his thinking. And is instead interested in stoking, xenophobia, racism and fear in an environment where we can be acting out of abundance, versus a scarcity mentality,” said Marisa Limón Garza, senior director for advocacy and programming for Hope Border Institute in El Paso, Texas.

[snip][end]

Clearly, "them" babies have no right to life!
from the article
In a call with media on Thursday afternoon, White House senior administration officials explained the baby formula shortage began on Feb. 17 when the nation’s largest infant formula manufacturer in the country, Abbott Nutrition, initiated a voluntary recall of several lines of formula after concerns of possible bacterial contamination at its manufacturing facility in Sturgis, Michigan.

Four infants became ill and two died in late 2021 and early 2022 prior to the voluntary recall.

On Thursday, “President Joe Biden spoke with retailers and manufacturers, including the CEOs of Walmart, Target, Mead Johnson and Gerber to talk to them about the work they are doing and call on them to do all they can to help families purchase and access infant formula,” a senior administration official said.

They discussed how to faster stock shelves and other companies taking up the slack of inventory in Abbott Nutrition’s absence.

They also discussed “additional steps to get more infant formula onto store shelves as quickly as possible without compromising safety,” a senior administration official said.
This includes the following:

Increasing imports of baby formula.

Calling on the FTC and state attorneys general “to crack down on price gouging and unfair market practices related to the sales of infant formula,” officials said.

Cutting red tape and restrictions to get more infant formula to store shelves by urging states to provide flexibility in the WIC program.........
seems like they got a few other things to talk about as well

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/ ... 4725381148
Few are discussing the root cause of the baby food shortage: corporate malfeasance.

Abbot nutrition used $ 5bn of profit for stock buybacks instead of fixing the broken machines that contaminated formula & led to two infant deaths.

More here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNt6Rnq7-pA

Wall Street GREED Is THE REAL Reason For The Baby Formula Shortage
When they dont do justice on these larger issues it leads to these other problems, breakdowns, failures.

To explain it in such a way being voluntary recall rather than a whisleblower and agency mandated shutdown I dont get why they are doing that. One of the solutions being to cut what these same business crooks think is red tape and restrictions, it will likely spur more of the same type crisis.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Shares of Disney are rising, as is visitation to Disney, all Death Sentece did add was to add over One Billion Dollars ($1,000,000.00) to tax burden of people of Florida will have to pick the slack because Disney will NOT being taxes. Great Move Death Sentence.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Motor City wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:39 am To explain it in such a way being voluntary recall rather than a whisleblower and agency mandated shutdown I dont get why they are doing that. One of the solutions being to cut what these same business crooks think is red tape and restrictions, it will likely spur more of the same type crisis.
I wasn't really posting about the causes of the baby formula shortage in the U.S., but thank you for elaborating.

However, I was focusing on how the gov. of TX was scapegoating immigrant infants for apparently being the cause of it.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Another mass-murdering white conservative.

viewtopic.php?p=25115#p25115

Buffalo mass shooting – latest: Ten dead in ‘pure evil’ racially motivated attack at supermarket - Independent
Police said the shooting took place at Tops in the 1200 block of Jefferson Avenue.

“This was pure evil,” said Erie County sheriff John Garcia in a press conference on Saturday. “It was straight up racially motivated hate crime from somebody outside of our community.”

In addition to the 10 who were killed, a group that included a retired Buffalo police officer working as a security guard, another three were injured with non-life-threatening injuries.

Investigators are looking into whether the alleged shooter livestreamed the massacre and posted a white supremacist manifesto online.

The suspect is an 18-year-old white male who came from another county in New York state, officials said.
When even the cops have to acknowledge in the press that it’s a racist mass murder…

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

"Forgotten"?

Forgotten by whom??

Anyway.

Forgotten history: Chicano student walkouts changed Texas, but inequities remain - NBC News
The student walkouts over subpar classes, lack of equipment and an unequal education system led to San Antonio's first Latino schools superintendent.
Scholars, activists, students and alumni of the walkouts came together this week to preserve this crucial, but overlooked civil rights history, and draw parallels for a younger generation mobilizing for not only education, but climate change, gun violence and immigration reform.

Organizers of the three-day National Chicano Student Walkouts Conference that ended Friday in San Antonio hope the conference expands research and documentation of the student walkouts that have gotten little national attention.

They used the three days to begin collecting oral histories of the “alumni” of the walkouts and the college students, activists and teachers who helped organize them.
Some of the issues they raised continue to be sticking points today. Mexican American studies only recently became an elective in the Texas school curriculum and groups continue to protest the state’s school finance system.

The face of Texas has changed significantly and Latinos are expected to be the largest racial group in Texas by 2020. But one in three Latino children in Texas live in poverty compared to one in 10 white children.

The median income for Latinos in the sate is $44,500, while it is $70,000 for white Texans, said Rogelio Saenz, dean of the College of Public Policy at University of Texas at San Antonio.

“Nothing is enough and nothing will solve all problems,” Montemayor said.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

Well now. Surprise, surprise, surprise. :roll:

U.S. Senate Republicans block bill to battle white supremacy
https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-senate-rep ... 34885.html

U.S. Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked debate on a bill that represented the first effort by Congress to address mass shootings since a white supremacist's killing of 10 Black people in New York and a gunman's massacre of 19 pupils and two teachers in Texas.

The 47-47 vote along strict party lines fell short of the 60 yes votes required to launch debate in the 100-member Senate on a bill titled the Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act.

The vote effectively blocked the bill which would have authorized federal agencies to monitor and report jointly on domestic terrorism within the United States, including incidents related to white supremacy.

[snip][end]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

The Simple Antidote to the Poisonous ‘Race Science’ Revival - Daily Beast
A new wave of geneticists are using shoddy genetics to launder racist science into mainstream discussions. There’s an easy way to stamp them out.

This isn’t a discussion of what-ifs. Research like this trickles down into violent thought, both through the end of a gun or the flow of a pen. For instance, Long Island’s Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is now a prestigious biology research station but originally was a hub for eugenics research, especially starting in 1910 at the creation of the Eugenics Record Office (ERO). Work there directly influenced the 1927 Supreme Court ruling in Buck v. Bell. A Virginia law allowed for forcible sterilization by the state of anyone deemed “socially inadequate.”
I've talked quite a bit about Buck v. Bell, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, and the eugenics movement on RFL. On RFL 2.0: search.php?keywords=buck+bell
The law at the heart of Buck was based on a “model” written in 1914 by Henry Laughlin, the biologist and founder of the ERO. In his draft, Laughlin created what he thought was a law that would pass constitutional muster when used as a framework by states to draft formal legislation. He detailed who he thought should be subject to sterilization by the state, including any “socially inadequate person…[who] fails chronically in comparison with normal persons to maintain himself or herself as a useful member of the organized social life of the state,” or anyone who due to genetic inheritance was at least one quarter socially inadequate (as well as ne’er do wells, tramps, people without homes, and paupers).

The Buck ruling upheld the Virginia statute, formally allowing more than 70,000 people the government deemed “imbeciles” to be sterilized in the decades to follow. Referring to Carrie Buck (the woman at the heart of the case), her mother, and Buck’s child, Associate Justice Oliver Wendall Holmes wrote in the decision: “Three generations of imbeciles are enough.” Most of those sterilized after the decision was issued were women of color.

This is an old saw, now spoken again. Rather than deem people imbecilic, the recent trend among human behavioral genetics researchers has been use of the genome-wide association study, or GWAS. They ask: Are there genetic causes for the difference in wealth, educational attainment, even divorce and infidelity rates among different populations, particularly white and Black Americans?
On May 14, a gunman walked into a Tops grocery store in a predominantly Black neighborhood in Buffalo, New York. The massacre killed 10 people. Beforehand, he had posted a long screed online about Great Replacement Theory, using, among other things, links to a series of genetics studies—peer reviewed, and published in prestigious journals like Nature—as citations. These were a variety of human behavioral genetics studies, a field of research that tries to use genetics to find the source of complex human behaviors. One study was a genomic study on whether intelligence is inherited from one generation to the next. Another was on the genetics of different psychological traits. Then another study on the genetics of intelligence.
If you haven't read the manifesto, you should.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

As I've said many, many times over the years: white conservatism is a national security threat.

White Christian Nationalism ‘Is a Fundamental Threat to Democracy’ Philip S. Gorski and Samuel L. Perry discuss their new book, The Flag and the Cross. - NY Mag
An ideology is on the march. Traces of it are detectable in a racist massacre in Buffalo; in Tucker Carlson’s monologues; in Marjorie Taylor Greene’s public comments. Find it again in the right’s anti-abortion rhetoric, which poorly disguises demographic anxiety, or in the right’s response to the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, which shows it embracing God and guns with ever greater conviction. This ideology has a name, argue sociologists Samuel L. Perry of the University of Oklahoma and Philip S. Gorski of Yale University. Perry and Gorski call it white Christian nationalism, and in their view, it represents a pressing threat to democracy.

In The Flag and the Cross, their new book from Oxford University Press, white Christian nationalists undergo careful scrutiny. Combining research with data analysis, Gorski and Perry argue that white Christian nationalists share a set of common anti-democratic beliefs and principles. “These are beliefs that, we argue, reflect a desire to restore and privilege the myths, values, identity, and authority of a particular ethnocultural tribe,” they write. “These beliefs add up to a political vision that privileges the tribe. And they seek to put other tribes in their proper place.”

I recently spoke with Gorski and Perry about their findings and the threat white Christian nationalism poses to democracy.

Why do you think the term “white Christian nationalism” is so important to use?

Gorski: I think because it identifies one of the deepest and most powerful currents in American political culture, one that has been invisible to most folks outside of that culture and even, in a way, to a lot of people inside of that culture because it’s the water they swim in and the air they breathe. And of course it’s also important because it is right now evolving into a deeply anti-democratic ideology, one that really is driving some of the most radical fringe groups in the United States today, including many mainstream political candidates in the Republican Party.

Perry: I would say that one element we see, just from an empirical standpoint, is that quantitative indicators of Christian-nationalist ideology seem to operate differently for white Americans than for, say, African Americans. When white Americans take our surveys and answer questions about whether the United States is a Christian nation or we don’t need a separation of church and state or we should advocate Christian values in the government, for them, it is powerfully associated with things like nostalgia and authoritarianism and a certain vision of America’s history as this kind of mythic story: that we have a special relationship with God and that there is this kind of place that we are going — this deep story.
More in lnik.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Yes, they are.

They would have NO POWER if rank and file gop voters like those here would denounce them and refuse to associate with them or vote for any con who does.

But they won't do that. They are going to help them kill us with their support.
I sigh in your general direction.
Glennfs

Post by Glennfs »

Libertas wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:20 pm Yes, they are.

They would have NO POWER if rank and file gop voters like those here would denounce them and refuse to associate with them or vote for any con who does.

Back when Democrats were having ethics problems did you denounce them and vote for Republicans
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:56 pm Back when Democrats were having ethics problems did you denounce them and vote for Republicans
There's no rational reason to vote for Republican politicians or Republican policies, so why should they?

The only reason to vote Republican is if you're corrupt, dishonest, munny hungry, and think this is still 1956.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:20 pm Yes, they are.

Well, I don't want these amoral, gun-worshipping confederate gang members voting D and stinking up our party with their corruption again, I can say that much.

Let them worship their skin color in their own party and leave ours alone, for once.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Board cons love MTG and will vote for her...

She complains here about going thru justice for George Floyd..."We went thru justice for George Floyd." :twisted:
Comedian Shreds MTG For Comparing Jan 6th To George Floyd
https://youtu.be/PYceaqsfQ8o
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Jazz the Professor
@LikeButta3

#OTD Jun 25, 1964: Riots erupt in St Augustine, FL when a mob of over 800 whites attack Blacks peacefully protesting segregation by attempting to use public facilities (beach, restaurants). Racial tensions had been tense & violent for weeks.
#History

[VIDEO]

https://twitter.com/LikeButta3/status/1 ... 2754520065

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Leaders join man hurt by Patriot Front mob in speaking out against hate - Boston Herald
“It’s mind boggling to me that a group of 100 children of the KKK were allowed to march across the span of the city, from Haymarket to into this area of Back Bay, without appropriate police presence or surveillance,” Peterson said,
Is it mind-boggling, though?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen
@NoLieWithBTC

Marjorie Taylor Greene just suggested on Facebook the recent mass shootings are false flags “to persuade Republicans to go along with more gun control” because it happened in “a rich white neighborhood” and not during Pride Month. (h/t @patriottakes)

[VIDEO]

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status ... 6839465984

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ap215 »

Not sorry

Illinois GOP candidate for governor apologizes for saying ‘let’s move on’ after Highland Park shooting

“If you’re angry today, I’m here to tell you: Be angry. I’m furious."

That was Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker at a press conference in Highland Park on Monday, hours after a gunman on a rooftop opened fire on an Independence Day parade there, killing at least six people and leaving at least 30 others wounded. Authorities named a person of interest, 21-year-old Robert “Bobby” E. Crimo III, who was taken into custody after an hours long manhunt on Monday evening.

https://www.aol.com/news/illinois-gop-c ... 03448.html
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ap215 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:02 am Not sorry

Illinois GOP candidate for governor apologizes for saying ‘let’s move on’ after Highland Park shooting

“If you’re angry today, I’m here to tell you: Be angry. I’m furious."

That was Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker at a press conference in Highland Park on Monday, hours after a gunman on a rooftop opened fire on an Independence Day parade there, killing at least six people and leaving at least 30 others wounded. Authorities named a person of interest, 21-year-old Robert “Bobby” E. Crimo III, who was taken into custody after an hours long manhunt on Monday evening.

https://www.aol.com/news/illinois-gop-c ... 03448.html
Flipped on a dime, does not give one shit about ANY life other than his own. Remind us of anyone?