More of anti-LGBTQ+ DeSantis

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: More of anti-LGBTQ+ DeSantis

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs, JoeMemphis, and Green Ass have fallen for the current version of really old Cold War/Jesse Helms era propaganda and stereotyping of gays. LGBTQs were shut out of federal jobs, marriage rights, entire professions like teaching, and most especially fostering and adoption based on the same propandistic predator/groomer stereotypes they keep trotting out in these threads.

It’s only been in the past decade that these rights were even won, despite these people.

Their overtly violent cousins like Proud Boys, Groypers, Patriot Front, etc., are disrupting Pride celebrations, Drag Queen reading hour at the library, and gay bars, again based on the same stereotypes these clowns are peddling around here.

The resident culture warriors also actively vote for the worst antigay politicians in the country, who in turn run to Twitter to promote more Cold War/Lavender Scare propaganda.

Conservatives still stuck in 1954 like these geniuses are the reason Pride month and LGBTQ rights movements exist in the first place.

Conservatives have NEVER stopped their legislative and legal assaults on LGBTQs. Their foot in the door is the usual “whuddubbout the children” and “age-appropriateness” canards. Next, they’ll be trotting out the rhetoric about NAMBLA again, all while labeling everyone who pushes back at these assaults “divisive,” "woke," "pc." Asserting your own hard-won rights is "to far left," etc. :problem:

Since when do conservatives ever care about children. Once you’re actually born, you’re a product of Original Sin, which makes you fair game for their filthy, authoritarian, socially-perverse laws. "Age-appropriate" to them means teachers go to school packing, but no Toni Morrison in the library. They've literally reverted back to the Heather Has Two Mommies years, as if they think we've all forgotten about it.

:roll: :problem:

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Oh my goodness, GenX, Boomer, and Greatest Generation’s parents exposed us all to drag!

Someone put Giphy.com in jail! Won’t somebody think of the children!

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:59 pm Today we learned that Christina Aguilera wore and stroked a dildoe at what was supposed to be a family friendly all ages welcome event.
Sometimes people are their own worse enemies
Where did you get this information?

2nd request.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:59 pm Republicans teach their kids to be violent and immerse them in gun culture from the time they start walking - but pride events are outrageous! What a fucked up bunch.
They're quite violent towards their own non-conformist children, look the other way when the topic is Republicans and human trafficking, also look the other way when it's pedophile priests and pastors; they demand Protestant Christian prayers in schools, are banning books in school libraries, sending their vigilante GenZ thugs to disrupt Drag Queen Reading Hour and Pride, and forcing LGBTQ kids into heterosexuality & cisgenderism with conversion "therapy."

Everything they say about perverted grooming is pure projection. They are the perverts and the groomers.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:38 am They're quite violent towards their own non-conformist children, look the other way when the topic is Republicans and human trafficking, also look the other way when it's pedophile priests and pastors; they demand Protestant Christian prayers in schools, are banning books in school libraries, sending their vigilante GenZ thugs to disrupt Drag Queen Reading Hour and Pride, and forcing LGBTQ kids into heterosexuality & cisgenderism with conversion "therapy."

Everything they say about perverted grooming is pure projection. They are the perverts and the groomers.
The thing that most decent people have yet to grasp is that this 50 to 70 million MAGA ASSHOLES like the ones here actually do want violence to be done to all of us whether we’re Gay or POC or libs/dems etc.
I sigh in your general direction.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:17 am Where did you get this information?

2nd request.
Amazing, ain't it, how our runaway trucker demands links of others but keeps running away when others ask him the same question? He'll come back with a post saying we're playing games with him asking for a link when in fact he's the one who is playing games.
When you vote left, you vote right.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Number6 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:01 pm Amazing, ain't it, how our runaway trucker demands links of others but keeps running away when others ask him the same question? He'll come back with a post saying we're playing games with him asking for a link when in fact he's the one who is playing games.
These cons are so cowardly and dishonest they don't even recognize themselves being dishonest cowards.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:59 pm Today we learned that Christina Aguilera wore and stroked a dildoe at what was supposed to be a family friendly all ages welcome event.
Source, please.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Number6 »

carmenjonze wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:40 pm Source, please.
I asked him five days ago, when he posted it, for a link and he has runaway again. It's not like he hasn't been on this board since then because he's been posting since Tuesday so he's either:

1. A coward
2. A liar
3. A troll
4. All of the above.

Johnny, I'll take Door Number Four.
When you vote left, you vote right.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Number6 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:07 pm I asked him five days ago, when he posted it, for a link and he has runaway again. It's not like he hasn't been on this board since then because he's been posting since Tuesday so he's either:

1. A coward
2. A liar
3. A troll
4. All of the above.

Ding ding ding, we have a winnah!

Well, now there's a place to keep track of all of these missed opportunities for this con to demonstrate all that intellectual superiority we've heard about for the past several centuries. Introducing, Link Please. :lol:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Toonces »

She wore a bejeweled dildo as part of a Hulk costume. It was an all-ages event. Whether it was deemed "family-friendly" is a matter of who is reporting on it. I did not see anything about any warnings (either way). There may well have been warnings of potentially adult content. If there was, that's on the parents if they were offended.

Inappropriate if it was family-friendly, still not the best choice for "all ages". I think it's important to notes that "All ages" does not necessarily mean "family-friendly".

If you're taking your children to a comedy show, LGBTQ show, or movie, you may see or hear things that you may not consider to be family-friendly or appropriate for children. Indeed, Pixar's Lightyear has content that some consider family content, two same-sex characters kissing!

Myself, I've never been to a Pride event. What I have seen via news or other sources is that some things are more risque than what you'd see at Disneyland. You have to be mindful of this. If things related to sexuality are too much for your children a Pride event may not be the best of choices, much like a comedy show may not be the best of choices. If children are not the target audience, there may be things you deem inappropriate.

Still, performers should be mindful of the audience.

Personally, I don't think it's any less inappropriate than taking children to a gun show or hunting Bambi with your toddlers.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Number6 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:07 pm I asked him five days ago, when he posted it, for a link and he has runaway again. It's not like he hasn't been on this board since then because he's been posting since Tuesday so he's either:

1. A coward
2. A liar
3. A troll
4. All of the above.

And it is sad to note the things he hears or thinks he hears that BOTHER him and cant wait to mention here, usually without proof. Like a child.

Excellent post, btw.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Toonces wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:20 pm She wore a bejeweled dildo as part of a Hulk costume. It was an all-ages event. Whether it was deemed "family-friendly" is a matter of who is reporting on it. I did not see anything about any warnings (either way). There may well have been warnings of potentially adult content. If there was, that's on the parents if they were offended.

Inappropriate if it was family-friendly, still not the best choice for "all ages". I think it's important to notes that "All ages" does not necessarily mean "family-friendly".

If you're taking your children to a comedy show, LGBTQ show, or movie, you may see or hear things that you may not consider to be family-friendly or appropriate for children. Indeed, Pixar's Lightyear has content that some consider family content, two same-sex characters kissing!

Myself, I've never been to a Pride event. What I have seen via news or other sources is that some things are more risque than what you'd see at Disneyland. You have to be mindful of this. If things related to sexuality are too much for your children a Pride event may not be the best of choices, much like a comedy show may not be the best of choices. If children are not the target audience, there may be things you deem inappropriate.

Personally, I don't think it's any less inappropriate than taking children to a gun show or hunting Bambi with your toddlers.

So, the q. for Glennfs is where HE got this information.

It’s a question he’ll never answer because the answer is quite likely some Tucker Carlson or Breitbart or Ben Shapiro type of place.

In other words, he is propagandized and biased against LGBTQs. He has been, since I’ve been on these boards, though he and people like him tell themselves otherwise.

IDK if this guy has ever attended a Pride event, either, but I CAN tell you that he has no idea what he is talking about regarding anything having to do with any of the communities, let alone any of us who are a part of them.

It actually reminds me of 2008 when a lot of white gays were scapegoating African Americans for taking away samesex marriage/pro-Prop 8 in California with the correlation to our pro-Obama vote. It was a major problem, especially for us Black queers.

I was not surprised at all, because I’ve been dealing with that type of person for decades: the type that has spent their entire lives being inundated with generic American anti-Black ideology. They’re the sort that is very eager to believe the propaganda about “The Black Church” and “The Black Community” and all their infamous homophobia, 1- without having known any actual Black people in their lives, 2- never having set foot in any said church in their lives, and 3- never having known any Black fellow LGBTQs.

Well, we know them, because being numerical minorities, we have to deal with them as an unfortunate constant. Those people were quite willing to believe a promoted — and debunked — falsehood, based on their own long-standing anti-Black biases. They continued to peddle it for years in the wake of that election, despite the perception having been disproven.

Same thing is happening with the Glennfs’s of the world regarding the anti-LGBTQ crap he runs around here spouting off about.

For myself, I’ve attended only a few Pride parades, due to the crowds, but many, many Pride events. I’ve done so for work, this year, too.

Part of the larger issue why this current ploy of the rightwing to discredit and run political campaigns on these old-ass stereotypes of LGBTQ=predators is that after 50+ years of Pride and longer, there’s still a lot of ignoamce-based homophobia, and it’s not limited to the right. It’s why Pride and antu-closet/visibility efforts exist in the first place.

Otherwise, ignorance is a breeding ground for propaganda, and in this country, anti-minority propaganda always accompanies and forms the rationale for denial of civil and equal rights. Always. Today is no different; anyone can just look at the 200+ anti-LGBTQ laws and bills introduced and/or passed in the past couple years for verification.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

The bad news for the current American right is that old-school gaybaiting is all they’ve got.

The GOP barely even has a platform anymore (you really have to sleuth to even find it in their website; it’s like they’re embarrassed about it or something.) They can’t law-make or govern for shxt. All of conservatism in this country is now stunk up with white supremacism and white nationalism, which completes the circle of anti-LGBTQ extremism we’re witnessing even among these rightwing nobody-footsoldiers on a small message board like this one.

Well…all of them were already anti-LGBTQ before this political moment, as it was.

My point is, Glennfs came in here with whuuddubbouttery for which he doesn’t have the integrity to admit where he got it from. The Aguilera story is not out of concern for “the children”; rightwingers who think it’s fine for 18 year-old guys to have sex with 15 year olds do not have any concern for children.

The entire rightwing is concern-trolling about “the children” and “families” & whatever in the lead up to the midterms, because scapegoating trans children and their families is all conservatives have left, anymore.
Or forcing their 7 year olds into beauty pageants, or sending them
to coaches and priests and pastors who brutalize and sexually abuse them. :problem:

Very good point.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

I can tell you where Glenn got it from. Drudge. That's where he gets most of his stuff.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:27 pm I'm sure seeing all the kids at this month's Pride parades and festivals are driving the right nuts, and they're probably busy writing bills right now to have the government investigate all parents involved. Probably have some 1-800 numbers so people can turn them in, and websites to upload photos of kids at those events so they can be prosecuted.
Wannabe white-con Mark Burns wants HUAC reinstated and parents of LGBTQs executed.

viewtopic.php?p=28693#p28693
“I want to make sure that those parents are being held accountable,” Burns continued. “We should start putting some of those parents in jail for abusing their child’s minds, and especially in the school system. Any teacher is [sic] teaching that LGBT, transgenderism, flurries [sic], the groomers, any sexual orientation communication in the school system should be immediately terminated but also be held for abusing young children. Our children should not be born to be indoctrinated. That is 1922 Nazi Germany all over again.”

The comments by Burns echo Republican leadership who have called LGBTQ+ people and allies "groomers" as well as calling gender-affirming health care for trans youth "child abuse."

Burns said the underlying goal of those he called “the LGBT transgender grooming our children’s minds” is to destabilize the country. He said that parents and teachers discuss LGBTQ+ issues with children are a "national security threat" to the U.S.

“That’s why when I’m elected, I don’t want to just vote. I want to start holding people accountable for treason to the Constitution. I am going to push to reenact HUAC,” he said, referring to the House Un-American Activities Committee.
:?

#prolife
#profamily
#smallerlimitedgovernment
Probably even give them the ability to sue parents for damages too. It's what the GOP is doing now.
I think it's also helpful to keep in mind the one thing that the Glennfs's and other #prolife #profamily anti-LGBTQ bigots of the world wish to sweep under the rug. There are kids at Pride events for one very simple reason: LGBTQ people have kids, and grandkids, and great-grandkids, and they attend Pride together.

And also, parents accompany their LGBTQ kids to Pride.

These cons have to remain ignorant about what Pride is, and why it even exists (it's because of people like them). That way, they can continue to cling to their 1952 stereotypes and the propaganda that stems from them. Their ignorance-based propaganda is the justification for their anti-LGBTQ laws, and any of their other various anti-Muslim, anti-minority, anti-immigrant, anti-woman laws.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:08 am I can tell you where Glenn got it from. Drudge. That's where he gets most of his stuff.
That old eyesore was a web-design disaster 20 years ago. 20 years later, the sh#tty, outdated, unusable aesthetic is the brand, itself.

It represents American conservatism, well.

ETA: Wait, did I say 20 years? Make that 25.

Look at these a-holes. :problem:

https://web.archive.org/web/19981212013 ... eport.com/

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

We need to protect our kids, not from being shot in our schools, or getting COVID, or having underfunded poor-quality facilities and instructional equipment; nay, we must protect them from Christina Aguilera wearing a green dildo.

It was an all-ages Pride event. This was not (as some other cons complained about) an event specially held for children. Yes, there may have been children present. Yes, there were children watching the Super Bowl, when Janet Jackson's microsecond-exposed bare nipple may have harmed them for life. As, after all, since some breastfed, they had never seen a exposed nipple before. :roll:

The green dildo is, of course, a whataboutist distraction from the topic of this thread - as usual.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:26 am We need to protect our kids, not from being shot in our schools, or getting COVID, or having underfunded poor-quality facilities and instructional equipment; nay, we must protect them from Christina Aguilera wearing a green dildo.
This guy makes excuses for his own coach brutalizing the guys. viewtopic.php?p=23864#p23864 :(

These people do not care about children. They don't even care about themselves as children or their own children except to use them as bragging implements. They DO care about getting to legally oppress the LGBTQs again.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

Toonces wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:20 pm She wore a bejeweled dildo as part of a Hulk costume. It was an all-ages event. Whether it was deemed "family-friendly" is a matter of who is reporting on it. I did not see anything about any warnings (either way). There may well have been warnings of potentially adult content. If there was, that's on the parents if they were offended.

Her performance time was close to 10 pm. I very much doubt many young kids would be there at that point. That and parents have the right to decide how to raise their kids. I never let my kid watch restricted movies or play games like GTA V, but other parents do and that’s up to them, even if I don’t agree with it.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

That Rusty Bowers that testified Trump committed insurrection, was asked if he vote for Trump again he said he would.

We are fucked if we don’t do something soon.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

We didn't learn any such thing, liar. You have been propagandized into spreading anti-LGBTQ wares.

This is what you #smallerlimitedgovermnent stupidsh#ts are doing in/to Florida.

Teachers voice concerns after Orange County previews ‘Don’t Say Gay’ impact to classrooms - WFTF
In private, administrators-only seminars last week, OCPS attorneys advised principals what behaviors would and would not be legal under the law during a “Camp Legal” presentation.

According to representatives of the county’s teacher association, teachers and staff members will be disallowed from wearing rainbow articles of clothing, including lanyards distributed by the district last year. Elementary-level teachers reported being discouraged from putting pictures of their same-sex spouse on their desk or talking about them to students.

“Safe Space” stickers aimed at LGBTQ students may have to be removed from doors, teachers will have to report to parents if a student “comes out” to them and they must use pronouns assigned at birth, regardless of what the parents allow, the CTA reported.

Some of the measures appeared to be far outside what the law actually forbids, as it focuses primarily on mental health monitoring and classroom curriculums.
:?

The law focuses on de-gaying the public schools. IDK who WFTF thinks they're kidding.
“It will be alarming if our district chooses to interpret this law in the most extreme way,” CTA President-Elect Clinton McCracken said. “We want them to protect student privacy. We want them to make sure that they’re creating and helping to create safe classrooms. We believe our school board supports that.”
The law itself is "extreme."

Extremist law, by and for extremists, is extremist.

:problem:

~ Ida B. Wells