Republican commission refuses to certify New Mexico primary vote

News and events of the day
Libertas

Republican commission refuses to certify New Mexico primary vote

Post by Libertas »

Wait, is this me warning this will happen in all red states this Novermber, again?

No, this is NOW HAPPENING :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... imary-vote

New Mexico’s secretary of state on Tuesday asked the state supreme court to order the Republican-led commission of rural Otero county to certify primary election results after it refused to do so over distrust of Dominion vote-tallying machines.

The request by Maggie Toulouse Oliver, a Democrat, came a day after the three-member Otero county commission, in its role as a county canvassing board, voted unanimously against certifying the results of the 7 June primary without raising specific concerns about discrepancies.

The commission’s members include the Cowboys for Trump co-founder Couy Griffin, who subscribes to unsubstantiated claims that former president Donald Trump won the 2020 election. Griffin was convicted of illegally entering restricted US Capitol grounds – though not the building – amid the riots on 6 January 2021, and is scheduled for sentencing later this month.

He acknowledged that the standoff over this primary could delay the outcome of local election races.

“I have huge concerns with these voting machines,” the Otero county commissioner, Vickie Marquardt, said on Monday. “When I certify stuff that I don’t know is right, I feel like I’m being dishonest because in my heart I don’t know if it is right.”
As someone around here warned, this will now happen in ALL red states when a MAGA candidate loses.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Re: Republican commission refuses to certify New Mexico primary vote

Post by carmenjonze »

See them in court, then.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:52 pm See them in court, then.
And pray to GOD it isnt a MAGA judge.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

New Mexico Supreme Court orders republican controlled commission to certify the election.
New Mexico's Supreme Court on Wednesday ordered Otero County's Republican-led commission to certify June's primary election results, which it has refused to do, citing conspiracy theories about voting machines.

The order grants a request made by the secretary of state after the three-person commission in Otero County on Monday voted against certifying the results of the June 7 primary election for races including governor, congress and attorney general despite the county clerk's assurances that the vote results were sound.

Voters cast their ballot in New Mexico primary

A voter casts his ballot at Dona Ana County Government Center during the New Mexico primary in Las Cruces, New Mexico, U.S., June 2, 2020. REUTERS/Paul Ratje
Register now for FREE unlimited access to Reuters.com

June 15 (Reuters) - New Mexico's Supreme Court on Wednesday ordered Otero County's Republican-led commission to certify June's primary election results, which it has refused to do, citing conspiracy theories about voting machines.

The order grants a request made by the secretary of state after the three-person commission in Otero County on Monday voted against certifying the results of the June 7 primary election for races including governor, congress and attorney general despite the county clerk's assurances that the vote results were sound.
Advertisement · Scroll to continue

Secretary of State Maggie Toulouse Oliver, who had said the commission was acting "illegally," celebrated the top court's decision.

"Though it was sad to see the Commission give in to discredited conspiracy theories and try to halt the legal process of election certification, it's encouraging to know that the rule of law prevailed," Toulouse Oliver, a Democrat, said in a statement.
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/new-me ... 022-06-15/

Looks to me like this is a trial run to see if the republicans could successfully refuse to certify an election in the run up to the general election this year and for 2024.
When you vote left, you vote right.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Number6 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:16 pm New Mexico Supreme Court orders republican controlled commission to certify the election.
From the link
Looks to me like this is a trial run to see if the republicans could successfully refuse to certify an election in the run up to the general election this year and for 2024.
So all they have to do is find a traitor judge, and they will. Not in every case but in some. Plus I think the plan is when they are overruled by the courts to just go to violence.