TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

News and events of the day
gounion
Posts: 4013
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by gounion »

Citing anti-gay discrimination, 2022 Kentucky Teacher of the Year leaving classroom:
Kentucky’s 2022 Teacher of the Year, who is gay, says he is leaving the K-12 classroom “to make the most difference, and the discrimination and lack of support prevent me from making that difference.”

After 17 years being a public school teacher, Willie Carver Jr. said he decided to leave the classroom and take a position at the University of Kentucky in student support services.

*snip*



In May, Carver told a Congressional subcommittee that he faced discrimination as a gay teacher and that hatred was the norm in schools. The panel was examining the wave of race and LGBTQ censorship engulfing America’s K-12 classrooms.

Carver, who had been teaching high school in Montgomery County, told the Herald-Leader that “vocal anti-LGBTQ extremists at school board meetings (and on social media) have been personally attacking me and my former students.”

“The national rhetoric is turned up, and LGBTQ teachers bear the weight of a lot of hatred that catalyzes the vitriol. It’s tiring,” he said.

Carver said he had been unable to find support from his school administration.

Montgomery County Schools officials didn’t immediately respond.

Carter said he had been proud to be a teacher and had worked tirelessly for students and their families.

He said he found the resources they needed. He said his goal had always been to strengthen his community and teach young people to believe in themselves.

“I also know that I symbolize potential for some students. I symbolize potential for students who come from poverty, for Appalachian students, and for LGBTQ students,” said Carver. “Of late, I feel beaten down. I’ve withstood it, but it’s hard to find peace or happiness when you’re under attack. This is all the more problematic when a person is a symbol. I can’t risk breaking.”

Some schools are doing incredible work for their students and teachers who are racial or ethnic minorities, or are LGBTQ, he said. Some are not, he said.

“Some are doing harm, are rendering people invisible, are illegalizing discussions about queerness or blackness, are afraid to be allies for fear of political retribution,” Carver said.

“A question that anyone in a system has to ask is whether they are capable of changing that system or whether they are perpetuating it. I believe that I am able best to work with a system that helps students by moving forward.”
Glennfs
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by Glennfs »

gounion wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:22 am You don't know what the definition of the "victim card" is, do you? I just asked how you know what I believe. You seem to be able to see what everyone thinks, no matter what the actual proof of their views are. You say that all liberals would ban all guns if they could, for instance, even though there's lots of proof to the contrary.
You confirmed what I said to be true. As for the victim card it is your latest thing to try and discredit that which you otherwise can't.
Because once you can't go with your standard left wing talking points you have nothing.
1 go with race
2 claim.the drudge report
3 discredit the source
4 claim rw marching orders
5 use victim card
6 claim the op is repeating fox news
7 hyperbole remarks about Republicans wanting to kill their opponents

Anything but a factual argument ie you are wrong and this is why. Because 90pct of liberal beliefs are emotional not factual.
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
Glennfs
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by Glennfs »

I wonder who.picks the Kentucky teacher of the year. My first would be a teachers union or organization or some other democratic party group.
I do.not see how he being gay has anything to do with teaching.
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
gounion
Posts: 4013
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by gounion »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:30 am You confirmed what I said to be true. As for the victim card it is your latest thing to try and discredit that which you otherwise can't.
Because once you can't go with your standard left wing talking points you have nothing.
1 go with race
2 claim.the drudge report
3 discredit the source
4 claim rw marching orders
5 use victim card
6 claim the op is repeating fox news
7 hyperbole remarks about Republicans wanting to kill their opponents

Anything but a factual argument ie you are wrong and this is why. Because 90pct of liberal beliefs are emotional not factual.
You refused to say where you got the story. I knew where you did, because I went to Drudge, and it was right there. 95% of the things you manufacture outrage over come from Drudge. That's simply your reality.

And I didn't say anything more about it. Who is playing the victim card?

And people died on Jan 6th. That isn't hyperbole. Your side is doing the same thing to gay and trans people that have been done to hated minorities for centuries, and you don't mind at all that they do it. Trans people's lives ARE always at risk by people who take the right's hate speech to heart.
gounion
Posts: 4013
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by gounion »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:34 am I wonder who.picks the Kentucky teacher of the year. My first would be a teachers union or organization or some other democratic party group.
I do.not see how he being gay has anything to do with teaching.
They are usually chosen by the state school system.

But that's not the point. So it looks like your way of addressing it is saying that he's lying, that none of this happened to him.

Denial that there's any problem at all.

Typical.
User avatar
ProfX
Posts: 2149
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by ProfX »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:30 am Because 90pct of liberal beliefs are emotional not factual.
I have an emotional reaction to that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:04 am You are no different from the racist in Texas who passed those ignorant edicts.
Hi, Slavery T-shirt Guy.

Nice try, but your own politics match the extremism of the Texas GOP, and you’re quite eager to vote for the latest white-conservative extremist telling you he’s going to crush the rest of us for you.

This is a long-standing pattern with conservative whites and your penchant for demagoguery.
The only difference between your ignorance and theirs is in who you choose to hate.
I have no doubt had you been born white you would have a robe hanging in your closet.
This just shows the depths of both your ignorance and desperation to escape the facts of white-conservative history.

What you guys have done to yourselves and everyone else isn’t just a matter of historical fact, it’s a tragedy that you force this way of life on innocent offspring who then also choose to continue the cycle of violence.

Conservative whites are not born with white sheets.

You guys choose to wear them, just as you guys choose your current path of far-right extremism.
I also have no doubt had those racist in Texas been born black they would be spewing the same hatred you peddle
Ah, you’re still confused, I see.

Reminder: there is only one political demographic that has ever used the power of government to make “ignorant edicts” into the force of law: conservative whites. No other group of people; just one, and you’re one of them, chomping at the bit to vote for a demagogue far worse that the current kingmaker of your party.

Discussing you guys’s legendary hateful acts towards all comers to this country is not “hatred”.

White conservative laws and policies have always been based in xenophobia, corruption, and vigilante violence. They still are, to this minute.

It’s merely a discussion you’re unable to counter with rational facts. The best you’ve got is to pout and cry racism.

Soon, you’ll abandon the thread due to lack of any counterargument beyond crying racism and uncleriley, like you always do.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
Toonces
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:52 pm

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by Toonces »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:30 am Anything but a factual argument ie you are wrong and this is why. Because 90pct of liberal beliefs are emotional not factual.
That just seems satirical.
gounion
Posts: 4013
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by gounion »

Glenn, when you see what your side did to our nation's Capitol building on Jan 6th, you can't accuse OUR side of hate, before you deal with the extreme hate on your side.

I mean, you even defend your side siccing state investigators on parents of trans children. I mean, how can you defend that - yet you do!
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:30 am 5 use victim card
This post here …

viewtopic.php?p=28860#p28860

… is even lower than the victim card, since you have to completely invent hypothetical “what ifs” to try and make your flimsy point.

Crying racism uncleriley is your response when faced with your own stupefying idea that you’re a victim of four women in Congress.

Whereas, conservative whites have elected hundreds of victimizers into not just Congress, but the White House, sheriffs departments, courts, eugenics boards, state legislatures, governorships, mayors, federal and state housing commissions, and school boards.

Whereas, you demonstrate your own personal willingness to vote for and support politicians who are every bit as bad as the TX GOP, every single day.

You don’t have to mop yourself into these corners. You choose to mop yourself into theee corners.
Anything but a factual argument ie you are wrong and this is why. Because 90pct of liberal beliefs are emotional not factual.
You just demonstrated your own emotional lack of facts in your last post to me, linked above.

It’s all you’ve got, and you already know before even hitting “Enter” that it’s not good enough.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:15 am I have an emotional reaction to that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
gounion
Posts: 4013
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:57 am This post here …

viewtopic.php?p=28860#p28860

… is even lower than the victim card, since you have to completely invent hypothetical “what ifs” to try and make your flimsy point.

Crying racism uncleriley is your response when faced with your own stupefying idea that you’re a victim of four women in Congress.

Whereas, conservative whites have elected hundreds of victimizers into not just Congress, but the White House, sheriffs departments, courts, eugenics boards, state legislatures, governorships, mayors, federal and state housing commissions, and school boards.

Whereas, you demonstrate your own personal willingness to vote for and support politicians who are every bit as bad as the TX GOP, every single day.

You don’t have to mop yourself into these corners. You choose to mop yourself into theee corners.


You just demonstrated your own emotional lack of facts in your last post to me, linked above.

It’s all you’ve got, and you already know before even hitting “Enter” that it’s not good enough.
I do find it strange that he's so damned scared of these four women. I don't even think he understands why they trigger him so. Here's the funny thing - he's so damned scared of them, but he couldn't name all of them off the top of his head.

But those women and Bernie Sanders are the ones the right demonizes, the ones that Glenn gives an excuse to defend all the horrible things that the right is doing.
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:34 am
I do.not see how he being gay has anything to do with teaching.
When’s the last time you were an out gay teacher in a political climate that targets out gay teachers for discrimination?

When’s the last time you were an out gay person in the south?

When’s the last time you were an out gay teacher in the south?
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:04 am I do find it strange that he's so damned scared of these four women. I don't even think he understands why they trigger him so. Here's the funny thing - he's so damned scared of them, but he couldn't name all of them off the top of his head.

But those women and Bernie Sanders are the ones the right demonizes, the ones that Glenn gives an excuse to defend all the horrible things that the right is doing.
I find it par for the course that a misogynist white con thinks he’s a victim of four not-white women who are out from under their control.

They symbolize one of the biggest fears of Birth if A Nation, the Whiye Citizens Councils, the KKK, Phyllis Schlaffly and Rebecca Felton, and the legendary iron fist of white conservatism in general.

It’s not even their policies, it’s that they’re stick figures that represent the final nail in the coffin of white-males-rule. Their mere existence is the basis of their rationale for the current backlash and vigilantism we’re seeing from them currently.

Just as they have in the past, the justification for the violence is supposedly preventative, when in fact the goal is just the imposition of yet more violent white conservatism on the four women and everyone else.

The commiebaiting of people like Bernie Sanders is just an acceptable way of calling people n-lovers. It’s really the only use they have for that epithet.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by carmenjonze »

Toonces wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:42 am That just seems satirical.
Right?

Or self-parody.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:09 am Please provide a link to show that Desantis is rounding up and executing people.
That was clearly not a real quote, and you know this.

Fact is, the calls for executing LGBTQ people and parents of LGBTQ people invariably come from politicians of your chosen party, and fellow members of your chosen political demographic. Some recent examples from just this past week:

Texas pastor says gay people should be 'shot in the back of the head' in shocking sermon - NBC News
Pastor Dillon Awes of Stedfast Baptist Church in Watauga said gay people "are dangerous to society” and “all homosexuals are pedophiles.”

Pride events targeted in surge of anti-LGBTQ threats, violence - WP
Extremism trackers say political hate speech is fueling a rise in demonstrations and attacks against LGBTQ communities

Pro-Trump Candidate Calls for Executing Parents of LGBTQ+ Kids - The Advocate
“I want to make sure that those parents are being held accountable,” Burns continued. “We should start putting some of those parents in jail for abusing their child’s minds, and especially in the school system. Any teacher is [sic] teaching that LGBT, transgenderism, flurries [sic], the groomers, any sexual orientation communication in the school system should be immediately terminated but also be held for abusing young children. Our children should not be born to be indoctrinated. That is 1922 Nazi Germany all over again.”

The comments by Burns echo Republican leadership who have called LGBTQ+ people and allies "groomers" as well as calling gender-affirming health care for trans youth "child abuse."

Burns said the underlying goal of those he called “the LGBT transgender grooming our children’s minds” is to destabilize the country. He said that parents and teachers discuss LGBTQ+ issues with children are a "national security threat" to the U.S.

“That’s why when I’m elected, I don’t want to just vote. I want to start holding people accountable for treason to the Constitution. I am going to push to reenact HUAC,” he said, referring to the House Un-American Activities Committee.
:?
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:11 am No I am attacking the words sh says and beliefs she holds.
White conservative legislation and public policy history is not a belief. These are facts that you are not equipped to argue with.
… racist …
The best you personally can do is cry racism and victimhood of posts on the internet, and attempt to equate them with the actual legacy of slavery, genocide, segregation, eugenics, redlining, legalized misogyny, and anti-immigrant rulings, all of which have been implemented by conservative whites.

The more you do it and the louder you become, only underscores how desperate you are to be considered the biggest most superior victim of all, as well as your dirty-handed disrespect for everyone who’s endured the actual racism imposed by centuries of white conservatism.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:17 am See I was correct, as you play the victim card
This is victimization, the MO of the predators of this country's rightwing.

It is no coincidence that the ringleader against this person is another violent, conservative white male.

Former Marine steps down as July 4 parade grand marshal of Texas town after threats of violence - Chron

Image
After the city announced Carter was receiving threats of violence, Kelly celebrated, saying "UPDATE: She's gone" and declaring his actions as part of "The New Right," described by Vanity Fair's James Pogue as "a project to overthrow the thrust of progress, at least such as liberals understand the word." In Kelly's plea to his followers, he lamented that Carter was "into trans activism" and pointed out that she took her excited son to a drag show in Las Vegas to see his "favorite Queen."
Like you, these people flagrantly deny that their abuse and discrimination is abuse and discrimination.
Kelly, who lives in a Friendswood gated community, claimed to be doing the work on behalf of the small "blood red" town by starting the campaign against Carter. A handful of fellow residents agreed with Kelly, and challenged the idea that Carter was being threatened at all in the comments of the city's Facebook post.
The tweet is still up on Twitter. Likw you, this white-conservative gang member Jesse Kelly is a commiebaiter.

__________

Jesse Kelly
@JesseKellyDC
·
Jun 22
Communists are in blood red areas too. Friendswood, TX is a blood red city. They just chose Haley Carter to be Grand Marshal of the July 4th Parade. She’s a gun-grabber. She’s into drag. She’s into trans activism.

281-996-3220 is the number for Friendswood Parks. Let them know.

https://twitter.com/JesseKellyDC/status ... 4841506816
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 5573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: TX GOP calls homosexuality "abnormal lifestyle choice"

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:49 am Glenn, when you see what your side did to our nation's Capitol building on Jan 6th, you can't accuse OUR side of hate, before you deal with the extreme hate on your side.

I mean, you even defend your side siccing state investigators on parents of trans children. I mean, how can you defend that - yet you do!
#smallergovernment
#profamily
#prolife
#whuddabboutthechildren
#parentsrights
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
Post Reply