Just a thought but maybe we should be contacting our local police departments

News and events of the day
Libertas

Just a thought but maybe we should be contacting our local police departments

Post by Libertas »

And asking what plans do they have to protect existing medical facilities who take care of Women from what is the certain violent deadly attacks from the right, from conservatives, all conservatives hint hint.

Can’t word it that way of course, but it would be very simple to ask them if they understand that this is coming and are they preparing for it.

I will be doing this myself soon.

I mean we understand now of course that anywhere it is legal, right wingers, the republican party, conservatives, all conservatives hint hint, will see it as murder and will start attacking people and Women and doctors and their families.
I sigh in your general direction.
Libertas

Re: Just a thought but maybe we should be contacting our local police departments

Post by Libertas »

Also, appears many new voters will vote, young folks who are furious about Roe, so what will the GOP do to stop them from voting?

Not will they, just how, maybe if we knew we could do something about it.
I sigh in your general direction.
bradman

Re: Just a thought but maybe we should be contacting our local police departments

Post by bradman »

It's always good to stay in touch with your city police department. Most all cities have some kind of flyers that give details about the goings on. Whether it's regular participation meetings between police and community, or, as something as simple as a bike safety program for children, you can participate. Or to make it easy to just check up on them. Check out the city web site. There should be a section for police news/events.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Del
Last edited by carmenjonze on Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:03 pm There should be a section for police news/events.
Got one, already.

It’s called Racist/Corrupt/Immoral Police Thread.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:45 pm And asking what plans do they have to protect existing medical facilities who take care of Women from what is the certain violent deadly attacks from the right, from conservatives, all conservatives hint hint.

Can’t word it that way of course, but it would be very simple to ask them if they understand that this is coming and are they preparing for it.

I will be doing this myself soon.

I mean we understand now of course that anywhere it is legal, right wingers, the republican party, conservatives, all conservatives hint hint, will see it as murder and will start attacking people and Women and doctors and their families.
But we already know their plans.

LAPD treatment of journalists denounced, again, after abortion rights protest downtown - LA Times
According to Times reporters, witnesses’ videos and interviews with other media members on the ground, journalists were pushed, struck with batons, forced out of areas where they had a right to observe police activity and blocked from entering other areas where police and protesters were clashing and arrests were being made.
The cops enforce fascist rulings like Friday’s, just as the cops enforced segregation laws. They don’t protect us from them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

i picked a city at random......

https://www.newrichmondwi.gov/

If you look at the top of the page you will see "departments." Click on that and it will lead you to this.......

https://www.newrichmondwi.gov/departments/index.php

Watch the lefthand side as you scroll down and you will come across "Police". Click on that and it will lead you to this...........

https://www.newrichmondwi.gov/departmen ... /index.php

Animal Control
Citizen Self-Report Form
Department Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
K-9 Program
Neighboring Community Links
Public Records Access Policy
Sex Offender Child Safety Zones

Add to that.......

Use of Force Policy
Winter Parking Regulations
NRPD K-9 Program
Citizen's Academy Application
Business Alarm Emergency Contact Form
Drug Disposal Program
Alert New Richmond
Records Request Form

From there, hit "Department" programs.........

https://www.newrichmondwi.gov/departmen ... ograms.php
Tours, Speakers, and Demonstrations
The New Richmond Police Department is pleased to serve the community in anyway it can. Civic groups are always welcome to reserve a time to tour the police department facility. Speakers are available for special groups, classroom, and club presentations and demonstrations. A speaker can be requested on a variety of safety topics. In the past such topics have been bicycle safety, drug & alcohol awareness, general home safety and safety for children. If your group or organization would like to know more about the New Richmond Police Department, you can call during business hours at (715) 246-6667 and speak with Lieutenant Veronica Koehler.
[bold]There's the contact number. They'd be happy to address any of your concerns.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:51 pm [bold]There's the contact number. They'd be happy to address any of your concerns.
Dunno if they would, or not.

The cops can't be reformed, despite your loyalty to the idea of the cops.
Drug Disposal Program
Alert New Richmond
Defund all of these and put these programs in the hands of people without badges and guns. I get that authoritarian conservatives don't think so, but they are better-trained and better-equipped to handle social matters.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

carmenjonze wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:22 pm Dunno if they would, or not.

The cops can't be reformed, despite your loyalty to the idea of the cops.
[bold]How do you know if you don't try?
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:24 pm [bold]How do you know if you don't try?
There's no reason to trust rightwing authoritarian faith in the cops.
Next question.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

And yet, if it hadn't been for the cops Trump could very well have been still in power.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

By the way, bradman, I don't live in this random city you're talking about. I live in this city.

https://sfist.com/police-brutality/

You also don't live in a major city as an African American, as a queer person, as a woman with a PD that was just caught using DNA information to arrest a reported rape victim.

I get that police brutality doesn't matter to you except that it sullies the reputation of the cops. So for you, these matters are strictly abstractions.

For us, they are not abstractions, and one more thing to navigate, be it in a big city or f'ed up suburb or even worse, in a rural area.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:32 pm And yet, if it hadn't been for the cops Trump could very well have been still in power.
Besides the money they rightfully earn, police aren't owed anything for doing their actual job. They did their job.

You're siding with the supposed back the blue people who killed and abused those officers.

Your confusion is showing.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

carmenjonze wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:35 pm By the way, bradman, I don't live in this random city you're talking about. I live in this city.

https://sfist.com/police-brutality/

You also don't live in a major city as an African American, as a queer person, as a woman with a PD that was just caught using DNA information to arrest a reported rape victim.

I get that police brutality doesn't matter to you except that it sullies the reputation of the cops. So for you, these matters are strictly abstractions.

For us, they are not abstractions, and one more thing to navigate, be it in a big city or f'ed up suburb or even worse, in a rural area.
[bold] Ya, the app i installed on my ignore button is starting to give off a warning.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:39 pm [bold] Ya, the app i installed on my ignore button is starting to give off a warning.
I don't care about your supposed ignore button you keep talking about in this ridiculous passive-aggressive way.

All you need to remember is, I'm not ignoring you, so be advised.

So in case you need a reminder about the city I actually live in, this is what women who are rape survivors have to contend with in this city.

Rape survivor at center of SFPD DNA lab scandal: "I feel violated again" - KTVU

Lol and now I'm supposed to call the local PD hotline to ask what they're doing to protect women after Friday's ruling.

Really? Lol, okay.

~ Ida B. Wells