The surprise witness is Cassidy HUTCHINSON, the former aide to Mark Meadows,

News and events of the day
Libertas

Re: The surprise witness is Cassidy HUTCHINSON, the former aide to Mark Meadows,

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:14 pm Notice how this SS altercation side show story is distracting from the major part about Trump wanting metal detectors removed, that he knowingly told armed supporters to March on the Capital and that Meadows spoke with Stone and Flynn the night before, then asked for a pardon? This distraction is by design and everyone seems to be falling for it.
They will parse words or outright lie about him lunging and then call into question everything she said about them bringing in weapons and he being OK with it etc.

I tell you, there is no winning with people when they are willing to lie wall to wall.
I sigh in your general direction.
Drak

Re: The surprise witness is Cassidy HUTCHINSON, the former aide to Mark Meadows,

Post by Drak »

Libertas wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:20 pm They will parse words or outright lie about him lunging and then call into question everything she said about them bringing in weapons and he being OK with it etc.

I tell you, there is no winning with people when they are willing to lie wall to wall.
Sure, they can call it into question all they want, she never stated she witnessed it first hand. It’s a distraction and doesn’t discredit her.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Drak

Post by Drak »

Josh Campbell @joshscampbell

The alleged altercation (or not) inside the presidential limousine is a bit of a sideshow. Of greater importance: There appears to be no dispute from witnesses that Trump was intent on heading to the Capitol, leading an angry crowd reportedly armed with guns, knives, and spears.

Asha Rangappa
@AshaRangappa_

He was officially *on leave* from USSS to become Deputy Chief of Staff at WH (I.e., he was a political appointee). He also helped stage the Lafayette Square photo op with the Bible, etc., according to this piece (and his taking leave was “unprecedented”) https://washingtonpost.com/politics/sec ... story.html

Quote Tweet

Marc Polymeropoulos
@Mpolymer
· 48m
Replying to @UticaEric
To my LE friends, and particularly former USSS…is it odd that Ornato goes from USSS (apolitical) to WH DCOS (very political) positions? I’m legit asking, I hav no context and am curious. @fred_burton @joshscampbell @AllThingsNatSec @stevesi28838948 @AshaRangappa_
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Toonces

Post by Toonces »

Number6 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:40 pm Hutchinson testified when she went to the dinning room a White House valet was cleaning up after Trump threw his meal (Big Mac and Diet Coke?) against the wall breaking a plate, not the first time he did that, and ketchup splattered on the walls.
The ketchup lead me to believe he was having steak.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Toonces wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:06 pm The ketchup lead me to believe he was having steak.
He likes Big Macs which are hamburgers and ketchup goes with hamburgers.

My father hated it when I put ketchup on a stake instead of steak sauce. Once, when I was home on leave I really threw him for a loop when I put ketchup on my baked potato. I explained to him we put ketchup on spuds and that the inside of a french fry was the same as a baked potato so why not use ketchup on it.
When you vote left, you vote right.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Engel already testified before the 1/6 Committee. What Hutchinson said is consistent.

Bobby Engel's Testimony Consistent With Cassidy Hutchinson—Legal Expert
https://www.newsweek.com/cassidy-hutchi ... el-1720148

OK. Look, whether or not Trump lunged for the steering wheel or tried to grab Engel's throat... I know it's as lurid as ketchup on the walls of the WH, but are not the relevant details.

Engel already testified to what I think are the relevant facts: Trump wanted to drive to go to the Capitol to join the rioters, his SS detail refused and took him back to the WH instead. He admitted they argued over the situation. This was testified under oath, and in the public record.

What happened in the car is less relevant that what Engel already said in his testimony: Trump wanted to go to the Capitol and lead the rioters on their rampage. That is the relevant fact. And Engel's testimony already verified it.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Toonces wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:06 pm The ketchup lead me to believe he was having steak.
:lol:

And yes of course the lunging is not the main part of the story but that’s now what’s going to be talked about 24 seven by right wing media and most media since most media now follows whatever Republicans want them to follow. It is important that this be fresh in people‘s minds and that she be believed about everything.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Drak wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:46 pm Mike Flynn took the 5th when asked if he believed in the peaceful transfer of power. He took an oath. Time to recall and court martial.
I don't think you can recall him for a court martial for things he did after he retired. When people are recalled to active duty service for the purpose of a court martial it's because of something they did while in the military.
When you vote left, you vote right.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

We can debate what is treasonous and seditious behavior. I think Gen. Flynn is showing textbook examples. It's pretty easy to answer "yes" to the question if you believe in the lawful transfer of power after elections. Well, unless you don't believe in our Constitution and your oath and all that stuff.

How he should be disciplined? Dunno. I can only say he should never serve in any government post again, ever, we can start there.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

What we know is cons here have no issue with Flynn, right?