Brittney Griner's wife says it's 'very disheartening' family hasn't heard from Biden, US government 'not doing anything'

Football, Baseball, Curling... All the Important Ones!
ap215

Brittney Griner's wife says it's 'very disheartening' family hasn't heard from Biden, US government 'not doing anything'

Post by ap215 »

I feel bad for Cherelle this whole thing is horrible.

President Joe Biden has yet to respond to a letter handwritten by WNBA star Brittney Griner while she remains detained in Russia, Griner's wife, Cherelle Griner, said on Tuesday.

"I still have not heard from him. And honestly, it's very disheartening," Cherelle Griner told "CBS Mornings."

https://sports.yahoo.com/brittney-grine ... 53033.html
Motor City

Re: Brittney Griner's wife says it's 'very disheartening' family hasn't heard from Biden, US government 'not doing anyth

Post by Motor City »

US announces $820M in Ukraine aid, including missile systems
......All told, the U.S. has committed more than $8.8 billion in weapons and military training to Ukraine, whose leaders have sought more help from Western allies to repel larger and heavily equipped Russian forces. About $7 billion of that aid has been announced since Russia's February invasion.

"We are going to support Ukraine as long as it takes," President Joe Biden said this week at a press conference during the NATO summit in Madrid. He argued that Russia had already suffered a blow to its international standing and major damage to its economy from Western sanctions imposed over the invasion.

The U.S. is giving Ukrainians “the capacity” so that “they can continue to resist the Russian aggression,” Biden said. “And so I don't know how it's going to end, but it will not end with a Russian defeat of Ukraine in Ukraine.”........
How will it end for Brittney Griner?
Ted

Re: Brittney Griner's wife says it's 'very disheartening' family hasn't heard from Biden, US government 'not doing anyth

Post by Ted »

This couldn't have happened at a worse time for her.

Griner is being held by a country that is waging war against a country being funded by her home country. She's caught in the middle of messy situation in an unsympathetic place and that sucks.

I don't see a swift resolution to this one.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

Ted wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:55 pm This couldn't have happened at a worse time for her.

Griner is being held by a country that is waging war against a country being funded by her home country. She's caught in the middle of messy situation in an unsympathetic place and that sucks.

Maybe we should grab someone Putin doesn’t want us to have. Get him in a trading mood.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Ted wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:55 pm This couldn't have happened at a worse time for her.

🌳 Shaadi
@TwittaHoney

The "protect women in sports" people who go on endlessly against trans women are real silent about Brittney Griner.

https://twitter.com/TwittaHoney/status/ ... 9569741824

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

Russia has a 1% acquittal rate for defendants. And those are Russian folks not even being used as political bargaining chips. Their justice system sucks. Seems mostly based on "guilty until sentence handed down".

This is ridiculous. No she was not smuggling drugs to sell them to Russian people. She brought some hash oil vape cartridges to help with a chronic condition. The charge they convicted her on is utter BS.

Meanwhile, Trump, of course, seemed oddly reluctant to attack the Russian lack of justice system, and instead condemned Griner. :roll:

I agree with him on one point - it isn't a fair trade to release two people (her and Whelan) held for no real reason for an international arms dealer and scumbag like Viktor Bout (he was the basis for Lord of War). But, Bout's done plenty of hard time, so at least there's that, so I guess we have to do what we have to do ...
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

What does the third verse mean in The Star-Spangled Banner?
In the third verse, Key had a special message for the enslaved people who had dared to fight for freedom—we will pursue you to get revenge: No refuge could save the hireling and slave. from the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave.Jul 4, 2018
John Fugelsang, who I am still mad at, talked about this today. Talked about cons and Brittney and how racism is alive and well.

There is NO reason to still do this song in ANY situation...and I wish cons including those here supported Brittney, but they dont.

:evil:
I sigh in your general direction.