Daily Onservations in the Age of Covid-19

News and events of the day
Number6

Daily Onservations in the Age of Covid-19

Post by Number6 »

Here's the thread for us to post about COVID-19 developments, vaccines, and our personal observations/opinions on things related to COVID-19.

One thing I've noticed recently is a lot of people are wearing their masks more than before. I was at a local outdoor mall and people were strolling along window shopping and most were wearing masks. I went into a Target store at the mall and most of the people there were wearing their masks even though there was a sign on the door only encouraging people to wear a mask.

I guess COVID-19 precautions have been in-use so long they've become a normal part of our behavior patterns. Were we hated putting the mask on to shop now most people automatically put it on without any comment. I'll be glad when this pandemic is finally over so we can ditch the masks and return to some sense of normality.
When you vote left, you vote right.
Libertas

Re: Daily Onservations in the Age of Covid-19

Post by Libertas »

Thanks for remembering to do this thread.

The following is MADDENING :twisted:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1 ... -headlines :twisted:

New York Times gets humiliatingly played by an anti-vaxx activist

And we can’t trust what we read about the refusers. Take this New York Times piece looking at the “sizable, unwavering contingent” of vaccine refusers (less than 5% of people in most cases) through interviews with six of them. One of them is Josephine Valdez, who the Times fails to tell us is a Trump-supporting anti-vaccine activist who has participated in an attack on a coronavirus testing site:
https://twitter.com/mtsw/status/1452434 ... -headlines
How on Earth did the New York Times publish this story without providing the context that Josephine Valdez is not some random educator but a conservative pro-Trump conspiracy theory activist who works alongside far-right terrorists?
I sigh in your general direction.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

How things have changed in the past 18 months. I went to the clinic at Navy Base North Island during the noon hour to pick up a prescription refill I had called-in. Eighteen months ago when I went I had to wear a mask and two sailors there would ask me questions like if the reason for my visit, if I had any fevers/chills, if I had traveled outside the country recently, took my temperature with a hand scanners, and the usual stuff. Today, I walked right in with my mask on, that hasn't changed, but no one asked me any questions or took my temperature. I noticed a long line of sailors along the wall so I figure they're there for their COVID vaccination or Flu shot.

Once I checked-in, electronically, with the pharmacy I sat down with my iPad and it hadn't been five minutes before they called my number and I received my refill. In-and-out in less than 10 minutes. Eighteen months ago I waited nearly an hour because they were trying to keep social distancing in the pharmacy which meant fewer people doing the same workload.

Things are slowly getting better and if we can just get these ant-vaxers and maskholes to cooperate we'd get out of this pandemic sooner.
When you vote left, you vote right.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

BIRX: 130,000 AMERICANS WOULD BE ALIVE TODAY IF TRUMP HADN’T BEEN “DISTRACTED” BY THE ELECTION

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/10 ... ion-deaths

As America learned last year, one of the many problems with electing an anti-science megalomanic who doesn’t read, won’t listen, and thinks windmills cause cancer is that when a highly contagious virus comes around killing people with alarming speed, he’s the last person you want in charge. A brief, in no way conclusive list of the ways Donald Trump reportedly made the COVID-19 situation worse in the U.S. includes but is in no way limited to:

Ignoring early warnings in January and February about the seriousness of the virus;
Actively lying to the public about how dangerous it was;
Listening to his idiot son-in-law, who decided the whole thing wasn’t a “health reality”;
Refusing to invoke the Defense Production Act because corporate CEOs asked him not to;
Sidelining doctors and and scientists;
Scrapping national testing plan because the virus was mostly hurting blue states at the time;
Touting unproven drugs instead of masking and social distancing;
Nixing a plan to send free masks to every household in the country;
Regularly holding super-spreader events;
Comparing it to the flu;
Claiming it affects “virtually nobody” under 18, even though he personally contracted it and had to be pumped full of experimental drugs;
Just being himself.
I sigh in your general direction.
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

everything today is related to covid.

there is pre-covid life and post covid.

i didnt see this thread 6.

my area as i posted elsewhere has again closed the schools. over 700 kids in quarantine and some in the hospital.
gotta wonder where the latest recent exposure came from. since theyve been in school a while now.
Who are these..flag-sucking halfwits fleeced fooled by stupid little rich kids They speak for all that is cruel stupid They are racists hate mongers I piss down the throats of these Nazis Im too old to worry whether they like it. Fuck them.
HST.
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

rainwater wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:05 pm everything today is related to covid.

there is pre-covid life and post covid.

i didnt see this thread 6.

my area as i posted elsewhere has again closed the schools. over 700 kids in quarantine and some in the hospital.
gotta wonder where the latest recent exposure came from. since theyve been in school a while now.
Yes, everything is now related to COVID:

:lol:

rainwater

Post by rainwater »

dont know if i posted this since ive been off a while now.

got my booster. it def knocked me down a few days. i napped and napped more. once i was up i was good, got
shit done etc but when i did lie down oh i napped and napped.
all seems ok now.

had a neighbor tell me she wont get the vacc cuz...um...'the gov is too much in our bizness'...while she uses FB and
the iphone....and this person has ...pre-existings. smh.

now i know how far away to stand.
she also wont use a leash for her active dog...instead, she will chase the dog then pick it up and carry the already 40lb dog home.

what. the. fuck. :roll: :shock:

human are losing the intelligence factor. their phone or a search has to do it for them.
Who are these..flag-sucking halfwits fleeced fooled by stupid little rich kids They speak for all that is cruel stupid They are racists hate mongers I piss down the throats of these Nazis Im too old to worry whether they like it. Fuck them.
HST.
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

i cant do this thread solely about covid. i can do it as before where posts of the covid life and day were made.
HST.