Re: The GOP Snowflake Thread

Post by Libertas »

Whiny child gets fined again for not wearing mask

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1455 ... 42816?s=20
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:56 pm Thank YOU! That is my POINT dammit!

If the so called "reasonable" cons wont denounce loudly, how can we expect the MAGA types to? DAMMIT
Neither will do it. They are the same people.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:05 pm Neither will do it. They are the same people.
Right now to be a patriot you have to loudly denounce trump and MAGA...it is that simple.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

First Montana went Red

And now Virginia goes Red

I feel completely sick.

:oops:
ap215

Post by ap215 »

So now GOP protesters are using threats to keep their districts red during elections sad.

Schumer’s rally for Queens City Council candidate called off due to protester’s threat

Senate Majority Leader Charles “Chuck” Schumer endorsed Felicia Singh in Belle Harbor on the morning of Sunday, Oct. 31 — but his appearance at a rally on the Rockaway Boardwalk at Beach 125th Street was canceled over security concerns.

Singh is locked in a contentious battle with Republican Joann Ariola to replace term-limited Councilman Eric Ulrich to represent District 32, the last Republican-held seat in Queens.

https://qns.com/2021/11/schumers-rally- ... rs-threat/
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

ap215 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:32 am So now GOP protesters are using threats to keep their districts red during elections sad.

Schumer’s rally for Queens City Council candidate called off due to protester’s threat

Senate Majority Leader Charles “Chuck” Schumer endorsed Felicia Singh in Belle Harbor on the morning of Sunday, Oct. 31 — but his appearance at a rally on the Rockaway Boardwalk at Beach 125th Street was canceled over security concerns.

Singh is locked in a contentious battle with Republican Joann Ariola to replace term-limited Councilman Eric Ulrich to represent District 32, the last Republican-held seat in Queens.

https://qns.com/2021/11/schumers-rally- ... rs-threat/
That's were Archie Bunker lives isn't it.

;)
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

ap215 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:25 am First Montana went Red

I feel completely sick.

Virginia’s not Red. Probably purple. This is a relatively normal political reaction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:11 am That's were Archie Bunker lives isn't it.

;)
Archie Buber lives in every city, state, and unincorporated municipality in this country.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:50 am Virginia’s not Red. Probably purple. This is a relatively normal political reaction.
White backlash is the default political reaction of this nation.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:50 am Archie Buber lives in every city, state, and unincorporated municipality in this country.
My FIL is the Archie Bunker of the city he lives in. But then, I'm sure there's a few of them.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
ap215

Post by ap215 »

If they do he'll be the worst U.S. House Majority Leader ever & the GOP will run this country into the ground

GOP leader says Republicans could flip 60 seats next year

Republicans took a victory lap Wednesday following Republican Glenn Youngkin’s stunning win in the Virginia governor’s race, with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) predicting his party could flip more than 60 House seats in next year’s midterm elections.

“If you're a Democrat and President Biden won your seat by 16 points, you're in a competitive race next year. You are no longer safe,” McCarthy told reporters while flanked by his leadership team and Virginia Republicans.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5798 ... -next-year
Drak

Post by Drak »

Kevin McCarthy is actively trying to bury an investigation into the fact that Trump attempted a violent coup. He has no business being in office.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ap215 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:42 pm If they do he'll be the worst U.S. House Majority Leader ever & the GOP will run this country into the ground

GOP leader says Republicans could flip 60 seats next year

Republicans took a victory lap Wednesday following Republican Glenn Youngkin’s stunning win in the Virginia governor’s race, with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) predicting his party could flip more than 60 House seats in next year’s midterm elections.

“If you're a Democrat and President Biden won your seat by 16 points, you're in a competitive race next year. You are no longer safe,” McCarthy told reporters while flanked by his leadership team and Virginia Republicans.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5798 ... -next-year
All these violent conservative whites have is threats.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:45 pm Kevin McCarthy is actively trying to bury an investigation into the fact that Trump attempted a violent coup. He has no business being in office.
But he is supported by EVERY con on this board, even if they wont admit it, but most will I bet.

Just saw something on DU that amazed me, posters there are spreading the LIE about CRT in grammar schools. Allegedly found a video of a teacher teaching how some people have it better in this country than others and race is an important factor, even if they found ONE example, it is NOT teaching CRT.

If it is on DU and you cant get it censored for being a lie, I have little hope for our future.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:51 pm But he is supported by EVERY con on this board, even if they wont admit it, but most will I bet.

Just saw something on DU that amazed me, posters there are spreading the LIE about CRT in grammar schools. Allegedly found a video of a teacher teaching how some people have it better in this country than others and race is an important factor, even if they found ONE example, it is NOT teaching CRT.

If it is on DU and you cant get it censored for being a lie, I have little hope for our future.
Conservative whites are extremely dishonest about their problems with critical race theory. This is aside from their distortions of what critical race theory even is.

They think anything that is "critical" of their legendary racism is an immediate existential threat. It's part of their sneering, sniveling white-supremacy complex...too delicate and sensitive to be critiqued by the very targets of their violence.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:55 pm Conservative whites are extremely dishonest about their problems with critical race theory. This is aside from their distortions of what critical race theory even is.

They think anything that is "critical" of their legendary racism is an immediate existential threat. It's part of their sneering, sniveling white-supremacy complex...too delicate and sensitive to be critiqued by the very targets of their violence.
That is the madness, CRT is a GOOD thing that should be taught. But just like VOTER ID, which is clearly unconstitutional, we are now embracing that VOTER ID is ok and CRT is bad. MADNESS

They have changed the conversation from why CRT has value and could be important in education to CRT is BAD and we better not do it...Like the people on this board LYING about McAuliffe being for defunding police.
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

ap215 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:25 am First Montana went Red

I feel completely sick.

Montana hasn't ever been anything but a red state. At least not for more than 30 years.

:|

They do what Virginia does, often voting in a Democrat for their Governor opposite of what the party is who is holding the Presidency at that time. They usually have one Democrat and one Republican senator as well so they can scoop up additional pork all the time. But that doesn't make them anything but Red, they're just a bit smarter about voting strategically, sucking up that extra pork for their state. They play both ends against the middle.

Virginia hasn't done anything unusual. They've continued to do what they always do going back all the way to the time of Ronald Reagan.

This wasn't an upset, it was just their way. A predictable outcome.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:57 pm That is the madness, CRT is a GOOD thing that should be taught. But just like VOTER ID, which is clearly unconstitutional, we are now embracing that VOTER ID is ok and CRT is bad. MADNESS

They have changed the conversation from why CRT has value and could be important in education to CRT is BAD and we better not do it...Like the people on this board LYING about McAuliffe being for defunding police.
Well, CRT has its own critics from the left. But you would not know it because these conservative whites have been successful in poisoning the well about what it even is.

Even on our own side, people really just have not read any CRT, and so they have a problem discussing what it is, who came up with it, or what the developments have been over the past 40 years of CRT.

With the conservative whites, they are so dishonest anyway, that they rely on the same Big Lies about minorities that propelled the Third Reich, Segregationism USA, 9/11 and Muslims, centuries of anti-immigration activism, and lethal misogyny, heterosexism, and cissexism.

So they've been well-primed for this moment. We see it playing out with people like Sam Lefthand and his apathy about the Virginia governor's race and "Montana"; and these other people freaking out about "defund the police" policies that were never implemented anywhere.

Much like non-existant CRT in schools and trans girls on the sports team being a danger to cis girls.

They even know how dishonest they are with themselves in believing this trash.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Today in Ho Hum:
sam lefthand wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:03 pmThis wasn't an upset, it was just their way. A predictable outcome.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:07 pm We see it playing out with people like Sam Lefthand and his apathy about the Virginia governor's race and "Montana" ... .
The Antonym for apathy is anxiety. And you are correct, I choose to not to undertake unnecessary anxiety. It's not healthy to be anxious.

:|

I have no power to change what either Montana or Virginia does, and as thus I view the situation realistically instead of viewing it emotionally.

I tend to steer a straight course accepting the weather as it comes.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:07 pm Well, CRT has its own critics from the left. But you would not know it because these conservative whites have been successful in poisoning the well about what it even is.

Even on our own side, people really just have not read any CRT, and so they have a problem discussing what it is, who came up with it, or what the developments have been over the past 40 years of CRT.

With the conservative whites, they are so dishonest anyway, that they rely on the same Big Lies about minorities that propelled the Third Reich, Segregationism USA, 9/11 and Muslims, centuries of anti-immigration activism, and lethal misogyny, heterosexism, and cissexism.

So they've been well-primed for this moment. We see it playing out with people like Sam Lefthand and his apathy about the Virginia governor's race and "Montana"; and these other people freaking out about "defund the police" policies that were never implemented anywhere.

Much like non-existant CRT in schools and trans girls on the sports team being a danger to cis girls.

They even know how dishonest they are with themselves in believing this trash.
AS I educate myself on CRT, it reminds me a bit of Al Franken. He was accused of something he did not do by someone literally working for rightwing fascists. Anyone who knows him, including Randi Rhodes, will assure you he did not stick his tongue down the throat of ANY Woman other than his wife. But that truth didnt matter because righty is despicable. It does not matter what CRT actually is, once the right LIED about what it is and where it is taught or NOT, it was all over.

Recognition that race is not biologically real but is socially constructed and socially significant. It recognizes that science (as demonstrated in the Human Genome Project) refutes the idea of biological racial differences. According to scholars Richard Delgado and Jean Stefancic, race is the product of social thought and is not connected to biological reality.

Acknowledgement that racism is a normal feature of society and is embedded within systems and institutions, like the legal system, that replicate racial inequality. This dismisses the idea that racist incidents are aberrations but instead are manifestations of structural and systemic racism.

Rejection of popular understandings about racism, such as arguments that confine racism to a few “bad apples.” CRT recognizes that racism is codified in law, embedded in structures, and woven into public policy. CRT rejects claims of meritocracy or “colorblindness.” CRT recognizes that it is the systemic nature of racism that bears primary responsibility for reproducing racial inequality.

Recognition of the relevance of people’s everyday lives to scholarship. This includes embracing the lived experiences of people of color, including those preserved through storytelling, and rejecting deficit-informed research that excludes the epistemologies of people of color.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/crsj ... ce-theory/
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:10 pm Today in Ho Hum:

Yes, it's fine.

:D
gounion

Post by gounion »

Libertas wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:24 pm AS I educate myself on CRT, it reminds me a bit of Al Franken. He was accused of something he did not do by someone literally working for rightwing fascists. Anyone who knows him, including Randi Rhodes, will assure you he did not stick his tongue down the throat of ANY Woman other than his wife. But that truth didnt matter because righty is despicable. It does not matter what CRT actually is, once the right LIED about what it is and where it is taught or NOT, it was all over.
Well said!
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:26 pmWell said!
Why thank you my friend! 8-) :)
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:25 pm Yes, it's fine.

:D
Of course it's fine for a watercarrier for noose-knotters.

~ Ida B. Wells