Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Nirvana? Steve McQueen? Homer Simpson? Anna Pavlova?

Your passion is covered...Just talk about it!

Moderators: plunderer, Bernie the union guy

ProfessorX
Board Emeritus

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Post by ProfessorX »

Looks like a summer of sequels. Why not, gotta get people back into theaters, might as well use the familiar.

Trailer has dropped.

So this is what I can glean from it. Looks like Egon's family after he has passed rediscover the ghost-busting equipment he built (as well as the infamous hearse car) and possibly, a stash of ghosts he imprisoned is breaking free.

Harold "Egon" Ramis is gone in real life, but they might use old footage to do a quick cameo.

Looks like the film is a sequel to the first two films, and pretending the gender-swapped remake never happened. Also looks like characters, like Dan Akroyd and Bill Murray, might make quick cameo reappearances.

I dig the baby Stay-Puft Marshmallow Men making S'mores out of each other. Also, looks like 'Phoebe' might make some upgrades ... the Ghostbusters car now has a jump seat.
-- Tis an ill wind that blows no minds.
Malaclypse the Younger

Drak
Board Emeritus

Re: Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Post by Drak »

ProfessorX wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:46 pm
Looks like a summer of sequels. Why not, gotta get people back into theaters, might as well use the familiar.

Trailer has dropped.

So this is what I can glean from it. Looks like Egon's family after he has passed rediscover the ghost-busting equipment he built (as well as the infamous hearse car) and possibly, a stash of ghosts he imprisoned is breaking free.

Harold "Egon" Ramis is gone in real life, but they might use old footage to do a quick cameo.

Looks like the film is a sequel to the first two films, and pretending the gender-swapped remake never happened. Also looks like characters, like Dan Akroyd and Bill Murray, might make quick cameo reappearances.

I dig the baby Stay-Puft Marshmallow Men making S'mores out of each other. Also, looks like 'Phoebe' might make some upgrades ... the Ghostbusters car now has a jump seat.
I'm down to see this. I like Paul Rudd and I like the original cast.

Too bad Harold Ramis is no longer with us. I loved him on SCTV and the Ghostbusters movies. I also loved Caddy Shack, which he directed.

OT, but have you seen the trailer for The Green Knight? Looks awesome. Every shot in the trailer looks like a Magic the Gathering card.
The Nightmare, is coming to an end.

ProfessorX
Board Emeritus

Post by ProfessorX »

Yeah. BTW, that too is a remake. Well, the original Arthurian legend/story goes back centuries, but I'm talking about in film.

They also did a cinematic adaptation of it in 1984, starring (among others) none other than Sean Connery. It was pretty wooden and got lousy reviews.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_of_the_Valiant

I like that trailer. This could be a really good adaptation. The progression of CGI technology to render some of the more supernatural elements will help, for sure.
-- Tis an ill wind that blows no minds.
Malaclypse the Younger

Number6
Board Emeritus

Post by Number6 »

I watched the trailer ProfessorX posted and it's good to see Annie Potts, who was in the original movie, in it. I also saw Jason Reitmen, the director, name so I looked him up on IMDB and he is the son of Ivan Reitmen who directed the original Ghostbusters. Also in the cast includes:
Sigourney Weaver
Bill Murray
Dan Aykroyd
Ernie Hudson
IMDB

Unfortunately, Rick Moranis isn't in this sequel.
When you vote Left you vote right.