wallst

All issues pertaining to upcoming elections are discussed here.

Moderators: plunderer, Bernie the union guy

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Re: wallst

Post by rainwater »

china has been on the 'belton road'..or...the recent merican version of...belt and road...
ive posted here numerous times about 'belton road china'.
now seems it finally is recognized and making merican nooze. sigh.
meanwhile, merica fusses over masks and..canceling tv shows.

they are making "goods" available thru the buildings of major road systems from china to england.
they dont need no merican BS no mo. no ships no containers no docks no...INTL transport.
its continent making. US has little, few, lumber left. $75.00 MIN for one 4x8 plywood or OSB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belt_and_Road_Initiative
The Belt and Road Initiative (BRI, or B&R[1]), known in Chinese and formerly in English as One Belt One Road (Chinese: 一带一路) or OBOR for short, is a global infrastructure development strategy adopted by the Chinese government in 2013 to invest in nearly 70 countries and international organizations.[2][3] It is considered a centerpiece of Chinese Communist Party (CCP) general secretary and Chinese leader Xi Jinping's foreign policy,[4] who originally announced the strategy as the "Silk Road Economic Belt" during an official visit to Kazakhstan in September 2013.[5][6][7]
Who are these..flag-sucking halfwits fleeced fooled by stupid little rich kids, They speak
for all that is cruel stupid, They are racists hate mongers I piss down the throats of
these Nazis Im too old to worry whether they like it, Fuck them.
HST.

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

the dow reacting to its own dis-ease.

Wall Street’s New Fear Is That Economic Growth Has Peaked
updated 2 hours ago

Dow drops 900 points on fears of Covid rebound
NBC News on MSN.com36m

Dow slide nears 1,000 points on COVID-19 uptick
Fox Business on...1h

Dow drops more than 700 points on Monday, heads for worst decline of 2021
CNBC5h
Who are these..flag-sucking halfwits fleeced fooled by stupid little rich kids, They speak
for all that is cruel stupid, They are racists hate mongers I piss down the throats of
HST.

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

opec has agreed to start production again to offset the Rising gas prices...they set.
if they survive red state non vacc'd people will like that.

Dow slides 900 points on COVID-19 uptick, energy and financials tumble
Fox Business1h
Dow Falls 800 Points, Oil Drops as Delta Variant Sends Investors Into Bonds
Wall Street Journal4h
All major markets down, Dow drops 900 points
50m

-907.05 -2.61%

Covid Variant Fear Grips Wall Street; Dow Jones Heads For Worst Day Of 2021; Media & Tech S…
Deadline.com on...1h
Dow sinks nearly 800 points as COVID-19 Delta variant fears hit Wall Street hard
abc13.com3h
Dow Jones falls more than 850 points amid global growth, COVID-19 worries
moneycontrol.com2h
HST.

Number6
Board Emeritus

Post by Number6 »

rainwater wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:50 pm
the dow reacting to its own dis-ease.

Wall Street’s New Fear Is That Economic Growth Has Peaked
updated 2 hours ago

Dow drops 900 points on fears of Covid rebound
NBC News on MSN.com36m

Dow slide nears 1,000 points on COVID-19 uptick
Fox Business on...1h

Dow drops more than 700 points on Monday, heads for worst decline of 2021
CNBC5h
A lot of what's happening in the market is based on speculation and fear. I don't buy into speculation and fear. I'm invested in the market through a mutual fund and another mutual fund for my IRA so while I'm a passive investor my strategy is to sit, hold, and wait. I've been doing that for over 30 years now and it's paid off instead of chasing after high returns or the latest IPO.

My thinking on the market is this is just a minor correction and when the economy gets going full-speed next year the market will be setting new record highs. This is because people will be returning to work, employers will be paying their new employees more who will then be buying more goods and services, and there will be an increase in pent-up/delayed consumer purchases.
When you vote Left you vote right.

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

this guy is insane. he uses every tree on the planet for his "boxes" yet doesnt seem to see that
as an "issue"...that he caused.
he's coughed up some money for replanting "trees" which will take at least 20years to grow
to any height and size.
meanwhile...jeffy...everything you do gravely costs the planet and the humans you want more of.

https://kuow.org/stories/amazon-commits ... ty-by-2040
"This is earth, it's the best planet in the solar system," said CEO Jeff Bezos, with an image of a globe beside him.
"We know that because we've sent robotic probes," he said. "It's the only good planet in the solar system and we need to take care of it."
...and use more cardboard boxes.

11 hrs.
https://www.businessinsider.com/the-lim ... 021-7?op=1
Bezos sees space as a place where the weather could be like "Maui on its best days" and, with the absence of gravity, where people would "fly with their own wings." There would be no rain, or storms, or earthquakes, he says. It's a world where humans could flit from colony to colony and back to Earth as they please.
...no rain??? sure why not!! drink blood?...vodka?..

In space, Bezos says, "we could have a trillion humans in the solar system and it still wouldn't be crowded." There could be "1,000 Mozarts" and "1,000 Einsteins," he says.
There's also a growing outcry that Bezos has cultivated a world where it is increasingly difficult to survive on Earth, particularly if you're not a member of an increasingly small, white, ultra-wealthy group of Americans.

In 2020, Amazon emitted over 44 million metric tonnes of carbon while the entire country of Denmark emitted just under 55 million). ...

Moreover, one third of Amazon employees in Arizona are on food stamps, while one in ten in Pennsylvania and Ohio rely on the government program to get enough to eat. Amazon's hometown of Seattle has one of the highest rates of homelessness in the country, which many housing experts blame on the fact that the city's population has swelled by over 40 percent since Amazon's founding, contributing to an increase in housing prices by 70 percent in just five years. Despite pledges to work towards carbon neutrality as the planet is projected to hurtle past temperatures that will likely cause mass death, the company's carbon emissions increased by 20 percent in 2020.

"You don't make $88 billion in the middle of a pandemic without putting profits above people,"
HST.

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

of course!!! with a small price tag of half a million each person can have a box.
he will devote his time now to lining up the RWGs who want a thrill ride to look back down
on the planet they are fucking up.
yeehaw.

..."everyday people"...cough up Joe6.
https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/19/jeff-bez ... -reusable/
Bezos says he wants his virgin trip to space to become something everyday people can do on the regs -- almost like catching an airline flight ... which his company is aiming to do through their shuttles.
HST.

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

he didnt accomplish much other than advertising himself and his hope of shuttling humans--rwgs--into
round trips looking down on the earth.
humans have been going into "orbit" since the 60's...this guy didnt make it that far.

only thing he celebrates is the free advertising hes getting.
HST.

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

he's insane. he has swallowed himself.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 87468.html
In a press conference after the launch, Mr Bezos thanked those staff for helping him amass enough money that he was able to shoot himself to space in a rocket.

“I want to thank every Amazon employee, and every Amazon customer, because you guys paid for all this,” he said to laughs from the crowd.
“Thank you from the bottom of my heart very much. It’s very appreciated.”
the forests, the land, the entire human population paid for this..pal.

meanwhile, you want union he'll fire you.
this is how he shows his "thank you" from the very very bottom low end of his empty "heart".
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 23244.html
26 March 2021
'Treating us like robots': Amazon workers seek union---

not a robot?...he dont know the diff. work for him, you are his robot.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... -warehouse
‘I'm not a robot’: Amazon workers condemn unsafe, grueling conditions at warehouse---
Employees under pressure to work faster call on retail giant to improve conditions – and take their
complaints seriously.
15min walk to pee.
The petition called on Amazon to consolidate workers’ two 15-minute breaks into a 30-minute one. Workers say it can take up to 15 minutes just to walk to and from the warehouse break room. Workers also called for Amazon to provide more reliable public transit services to the warehouse. They also called attention to reports of high injury rates at the facility there, which were found to be three times the national average for warehouses, ....
HST.

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

its stunning that no one --no one on the teevee---is talking about this.
housing seems to be One of the major issues being avoided.

all the noise about lazy mericans not going back to work instead sitting home collecting the UI
is total bullshit. working people cant pay the rising rents. the tourist area rents are so high
few locals and working service people ever returned to those towns and areas. from med to bars to
repairs, they dont live there anymore.

when covid hit things shut down and rents shot up. hedgies bought up whatever RE they could
grab raised rent payments even higher and those who lived and worked in the towns and metros now
shut down due to covid...they moved. on.
vacant RE then went even higher. RWGs must have other people pay them.

a "red hot housing market" is not a good thing. it means hedge funds are buying up all the RE at any cost.
forcing You to pay Them, to live, is the key.
anyone claiming lazy mericans on UI tell them to fuck off. more dis-info.

(this seems behind a paywall and repeats of it were not from sources i knew so i didnt post them.)

Rising Housing Costs Leave Homebuyers Struggling - The New ...
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/16/busi ... risis.html
Jun 16, 2021 A moratorium on evictions did little to address the bigger problem: The country is running out
of affordable places for people to live. While pandemic savings are fueling home sales among one group...

pre covid 2018...
https://parade.com/643064/beckyhughes/w ... s-the-u-s/
Working Homeless Population Grows in Cities Across the U.S.
February 7, 2018
...a researcher at the Urban Institute, estimated that about 25 percent of the homeless population is employed, ...
According to the National Low Income Housing Coalition, renters need to earn a wage of at least $21.21 per hour to afford a modest, two-bedroom rental home in the U.S.
With a federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour :o :o and an average hourly wage of $16.38 for renters nationwide, housing is simply unaffordable for many lower-income workers.
HST.

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

it seems now tho, this admin is beginning to talk about housing.

housing shortage 2021...
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=housing+short ... 5-1&ia=web
HST.

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

capitalism is a con game designed to fuck people over.
ive spoken with youngins...millens i guess...who also realize this.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... nequality/
America Is Spending a Fortune to Help Rich People Retire in Luxury---
How federal programs conceived for ordinary families became a piggy bank for affluent boomers.

The bigger problem, according to Steve Rosenthal, a tax attorney and senior fellow at Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center, is that, thanks to a series of bipartisan bills Congress has passed over the past quarter-century, the government spends a fortune subsidizing a whole range of retirement plans whose benefits flow overwhelmingly to America’s most affluent. “It’s unbelievable the amounts of dollars at stake, and how tilted they are to the high end,” Rosenthal told me. “It’s just staggering.”

Indeed, such subsidies are the federal government’s single biggest tax-related expense, costing hundreds of billions of dollars per year. From 2020 through 2024, the JCT estimates, tax breaks and deferrals for retirement contributions will cost the Treasury $1.9 trillion—far more than the cost of the child/dependent or earned income tax credits, tax deductions for charitable donations, tax exclusions on long-term capital gains, or corporate tax breaks for employer-provided health and life insurance benefits. “These retirement reform packages are exceptionally confusing and technical and long and really hard for anyone to sort out,” says Rosenthal, a former JCT staff lawyer himself. “But embedded in every one are easter eggs: big giveaways to the retirement industry and to high-net-worth individuals.”
HST.

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

...sounds like lehman...

yesterday.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/19/op-ed-w ... y-off.html
Chinese President Xi Jinping is making the most audacious geopolitical bet of the 21st century.
For China, that bet has many faces: a rapid rollback of economic liberalization, a crackdown on individual freedoms, an escalation of global influence efforts and military buildup.

At the same time, President Xi has launched a push to share the virtues and successes of the Chinese authoritarian model with the rest of the world.
The authors detail China’s global efforts to not remake the world in its image, but rather “to make the world friendlier to its interests — and more welcoming to the rise of authoritarianism in general.”

today.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/20/chinas- ... onomy.html
The global economy could feel the effects of China’s Evergrande crisis. Here’s what investors should know--
Published Mon, Sep 20 20215:23 PM EDTUpdated 2 Hours Ago

A liquidity crisis at a large Chinese property developer has shaken global markets, and strategists say it could send ripples across the global economy.

Nonetheless, the editorial provided no hints as to whether the Chinese government has any plans to inject liquidity to save the ailing real estate company. That raised the prospect of contagion should Evergrande fail to meet its short-term debt obligations.

To those who have been around Wall Street long enough, that sounds like China’s Lehman moment. Thus, the rolling of sell-offs in Chinese property shares into Monday’s trading, and the spreading of that sell-off into every risky asset around the globe, including Wall Street.

Adding to the negative sentiment stemming from Evergrande is the deterioration of relations between China and the U.S. over growing tensions in the South China Sea.

There’s also the upcoming FOMC meeting on Wednesday, adding to Wall Street anxiety. Fed watchers expect the nation’s central bank to begin tapering off the purchases of U.S. Treasuries and mortgage-backed securities, adding pressure on high-risk assets. Financial and material shares were particularly hit on Wall Street, as were companies with large debts.
HST.

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

why. why is it not able to pay.

The Times@thetimes-Earlier today
Evergrande: too big to fail?
Evergrande is shaping up to be one of the great corporate collapses of modern times. It could be on a par
with Enron
and potentially far more costly and disruptive than our own domestic blow-ups such as Carillion.

The question remains, why is China’s most prominent property developer in peril?

The Times@thetimes·6h
What is Evergrande, and what’s the problem?
Evergrande is China’s largest property developer that has built millions of apartments by borrowing money. Interest payments are due on debts estimated at £220 billion, and it appears unable to pay them.
HST.

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

The Times@thetimes·6h
Evergrande is not bust, at least not yet. ... – creditors are howling, rating agencies downgrading as fast as
they can, and even the company is admitting it might not survive--

Evergrande is shaping up to be one of the great corporate collapses of modern times.
Maybe not quite up there with Lehman Brothers, but certainly on a par
thetimes.co.uk

The Times@thetimes·6h
What is Evergrande, and what’s the problem?
Evergrande is China’s largest property developer that has built millions of apartments by borrowing money. Interest payments are due on debts estimated at £220 billion, and it appears unable to pay them.

The Times@thetimes·6h
How did this happen?
Rising prices caused a property bubble that may burst. Supply of apartments exceeds demand and many new apartment blocks stand empty. The government saw it coming and began a campaign against property speculation. This appears to have precipitated the crisis

The Times@thetimes·6h
More likely, it will allow the company to fail. This will be a disaster for Evergrande’s creditors, suppliers and employees, as well as the customers who have paid for 1.6 million unfinished apartments.
HST.